Sign in to follow this  
BrickNub

Emerald Night Engine help

traintech1.jpg

Sorry to bother but if any one could help it would be greatly appreciated. My wife bought me an Emerald night over the weekend and I waited to put it together. I sat down tonight cleared some room, Opened all of the "1" bags and started building... Till I got to instruction #5 on page 6 of book 1 for the engine. The 1x1 with the hole it it with the single round plug under neath? Where does this go? I have built Legos for years and for the life of me can not figure this out. Ive even flipped pages ahead to find an over turned picture or some thing. Can some one please help.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to bother but if any one could help it would be greatly appreciated. My wife bought me an Emerald night over the weekend and I waited to put it together. I sat down tonight cleared some room, Opened all of the "1" bags and started building... Till I got to instruction #5 on page 6 of book 1 for the engine. The 1x1 with the hole it it with the single round plug under neath? Where does this go? I have built Legos for years and for the life of me can not figure this out. Ive even flipped pages ahead to find an over turned picture or some thing. Can some one please help.

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you have one of the sets with misprinted instructions. You can find a detailed discussion of this issue with pictures here.

Those parts are put in a gear box, and help keep the technic rods in place (or at least I am pretty sure that's what it does)

I was confused by it at first as wall. You can see it if you zoom in on the instructions off the Lego site. :classic:

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4611661.pdf

EDIT: I think i had the same misprint as you, i may have skipped that part but i am not sure. (no need to take me EN apart for two pieces when it works and looks fine)

Edited by MrTools

Thanks a lot you 2. I was going to skip it but didnt want to regret it later so I just stopped and figured Id wait for a reply. Thanks again!