spid3r

LEGO Architecture Wishlist

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

LEGO Architecture Wishlist

Use this thread for ideas you have for future Architecture sets.

Take a look through this thread and see how prophetic it has been! :laugh:

Original Post:

I hope the next architecture is over a 1000 pieces and is someting like big ben or sydney opera house :classic:

what would u like 2 see

Edited by Rufus
Added Intro

I would like the idea of having an european series, a famous building from each country. But I fear, that was not the idea behind it. :sceptic:

Anyway, I would buy any british building because I´m anglophil :classic: Although my wife will kill me, I will buy that new Tower Bridge Model, no matter what it costs.

I just added a subtitle to this topic to give some further clarification on the topic you're looking to discuss. Can't say I have any of the architecture line yet.

U.S. Capitol building would be pretty cool.

Oh, good topic! :classic:

I'd personally like to see Himeji Castle.

himeji-castle.jpg

And while I really can't think of a way to pull this one off, St. Basil's Cathedral would look absolutely fantastic in Lego form.

350px-st_basils_cathedral-500px.jpg

21007: Rockefeller Plaza

Answer found in LEGO.com

Seems likely.

"Later this year, LEGO will unveil another New York City-themed LEGO Architecture set, like it did with the Guggenheim Museum in 2009. Her hint: the new set will be a New York City landmark located close to the Rockefeller Center LEGO Store."

http://www.newyorkology.com/archives/2010/06/lego_store_open.php

21007: Rockefeller Plaza

Answer found in LEGO.com

Way to ruin a mood. We were having so much fun speculating.

Just kidding :tongue: It'll be interesting to see how they make this one out of Lego. IMO, the only thing interesting about the Rockefeller Plaza is the ground.

21007? With a number like that it should only have been Blofeld's volcano base from You Only Live Twice.

How about The Great Wall? Make it modular and you'll need to buy thousands copies to get close to the real thing. :wink:

nice ideas. I think a section of the great wall would be excellent.

Imagine if they do the Olympics Birds Nest in Hong Kong for us to buy. that WOULD be great.

The Sagrada Familia (Barcelona, Spain) would be great.

Till the expected finishing date 2025 it would be nice to have a finished model allready

wikipedia link

The Sagrada Familia (Barcelona, Spain) would be great.

Till the expected finishing date 2025 it would be nice to have a finished model allready

wikipedia link

I agree, the Sagrada Family would be an AFOLs dream (and a designer nightmare with barely any straight lines!) I just wonder if it's some sort of internal TLG policy not to market any religious buildings, which would alas greatly reduce the chances of this -- or any other great cathedral -- ever happening.

I think that the World Trade Centre deserves a chance to be made into lego

I dont think that LEGO would make such a model (due to the political sensitivities surrounding 9/11 and the WTC. What I COULD see TLG doing is a model of the NEW building for Ground Zero.

I would love to have a lego Chrysler Building. The crown is beautiful and the gargoyles would make nice little figs. Personally, I've always seen it as New York's coolest skyscraper.

I agree, the Sagrada Family would be an AFOLs dream (and a designer nightmare with barely any straight lines!) I just wonder if it's some sort of internal TLG policy not to market any religious buildings, which would alas greatly reduce the chances of this -- or any other great cathedral -- ever happening.

I think that the Sagrada Familia belongs to the same category as for instance the Taj Mahal. And is more like world Heritage, and therefore beyond suspicion. Thats my opinion at least.

Here's what I would like to see and not like to see made into a LEGO Architecture set. I consider myself an architecture buff, but this list is not inclusive, as I still have a lot to learn! Note I do not include potential sizes/piece counts, since I like the Architecture sets of any size (the first 4 versus the next 3, all are decent models).

Would like to see:

Chrysler Building: probably the best example of Art Deco architecture in the world.

Chartres Cathedral: probably the best example of Gothic architecture in the world.

Eiffel Tower: even though a large scale model was made by LEGO, it would look nice as a smaller version.

Big Ben: a good example of Neo-gothic, and famous to both Americans and Europeans.

Sydney Opera House: I am curious to see how a LEGO model of this would be designed.

St. Basil's Cathedral: another outstanding example of world-famous architecture.

The Colliseum: It would be neat to have instructions to build it both as it originally appeared in Roman times and as it exists today.

The Sphinx: Much more interesting than a LEGO Pyramid or Obelisk would be.

Burj al Arab: This would make for a challenging build.

European castles: I'm not as up on European castles as I'd like to be, but I'd like to see a few models rendered in LEGO, specifically one from the Middle Ages and one from the Renaissance (i.e. Chenoceau). My European brethren would probably be able to suggest specific examples.

Golden Gate Bridge: an amazing world-famous design even if it is mostly an engineering feat.

Hagia Sophia: an awesome example of Byzantine architecture.

The Lighthouse at Alexandria: a classical monument, but a no-longer-existent building might be a hard sell to people.

Dulles Airport Terminal: another hard sell to people, as even most Americans don't realize the significance of this building. Possibly hard to re-create in brick form.

Bank of China Tower (Hong Kong): I would really like to see how this building is translated into a LEGO design.

What I would NOT like to see made:

U.S. Capitol/Lincoln Memorial/Washington Monument: Although they are important to American history, they are not historically important to the field of architecture; they are just generic examples of neo-classical design.

CN Tower/other famous 'towers': generally simple designs, like the Space Needle of the first Architecture wave.

Taj Mahal: probably wouldn't look as good as the large version LEGO already made.

Statue of Liberty: not a building, per say.

Leaning Tower of Pisa: not really famous except for its lean. The cathedral in Florence is a much more interesting structure if an Italian design is to be used.

Great Wall of China: an important, well-known historical structure, but I don't know how LEGO could make it work as a small model.

I am quite interested in architecture and skyscrapers, and I would make my own if Technic wasn't my main focus. I still made this though. :-)

Personally I would like to see a range of skyscrapers and other structures like towers, statues, etc. all to scale, so that it would be possible to make a city with proper skyscrapers. at minifig scale (very roughly 1:50), the Chrysler building would be 6.4 metres high, which is huge!

1 stud per metre would be a scale of 1:125. this would still be quite large, even though it would be quite convenient.

1:500 sounds good, so the Chrysler building would be 64cm high. The Eiffel Tower model was 1:300 scale, which is actually bigger, but it is mostly hollow.

the only problem with this scale would be that it would be difficult to put in a lot of the floor by floor detail, each floor would be about 2 plates high, so I'm not sure what scale would be not ridiculously big, but big enough that you can still get a good amount of detail in.

I think the current ones are far too small, and they are all different scales as well. I don't own any, but might think about making some of my own once I leave uni and actually have a lot of money to spend. :classic:

Edited by Matt The Tuba Guy

I think an Eiffel Tower would look nice in the simple Lego Architecture look and in a smaller scale.

And the Petronas Towers in Malaysia would be cool, too.

I like all people's ideas too. There are some more ideas I like to see:

- Brooklyn Bridge

- Harbor Bridge

- Hoover Dam

- Alcatraz Island

- Flatiron Building, NYC

- Manhattan skyline (just like 3D Puzzle did last decade but I'd love it to see it in Lego too)

- Hollywood sign

- Old Chinese Theater in Hollywood, CA

- Eye of London

- Many mores!

What about something of the other 'Great Three' Modern Architects. Besides Frank Lloyd Wright and now Mies van der Rohe, Le Corbusier is left.

Especially Villa Savoye is a must for the architecture line.

Or they just release the model of BIG from Denmark of the LEGO Towers ;) (Just joking about that)

But for those who haven't seen it.. click

Edited by kciR