spid3r

LEGO Architecture Wishlist

Just read through the older parts of this thread...

People were VERY prophetic!

Wishes that came true include: Pisa (actually, that was a please DON'T make this set), Sydney in small and large scale, Big Ben, Eiffel, Villa Savoye, and maybe one or two others.

Looks like Golden Gate Bridge has been a desired set for a loooong time. :)

The Chrysler Building MOC on page 2 is AMAZING. Go back and look at it if you haven't already.

I'd like to see something from I. M. Pei

Turning Torso

Bank of China Building (Hong Kong)

I think seeing Tokyo Skytree done with LEGO would be very interesting

Milwaukee Museum of Art. (No, I don't live there, never have, but it's a very cool design and would require a creative approach by the designer to pull off well.)

Now that I think of it, the last 4 all would require unusual techniques:

Bank of China is all triangles, Turning Torso is obviously a challenging proposition, Skytree has a hyperboloid structure and the Milwaukee museum looks like a cable-stayed bridge.

The Rijnbrug in Arnhem

Where the liberation troops stranded
aka A bridge too far

funny part here is that I personally played a figurant role in the movie back then.

A Golden Gate Bridge (either on its own or better yet, as part of a San Francisco skyline set) would be awesome.

I am thinking of doing a MOC version of a skyline for my hometown (Brisbane Australia).

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

A Golden Gate Bridge (either on its own or better yet, as part of a San Francisco skyline set) would be awesome.

You will be very happy then. The SF skyline will be released January 2019 including the Golden Gate!

Well, LEGO Architecture has changed a lot through all those years...

I personally prefer the more "architectural" sets, such as Fallingwater, Guggenheim Museum (2nd version), Robbie House, Farnsworth House, Villa Savoy, etc. But I understand that worldwide known monuments have a larger audience. Maybe I would like to see a division of the Architecture series into 2 different themes, the one with monuments and cities skylines, and the second with famous architect's work. I would also love to see Gaudi's buildings (very difficult!).

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I would just love to see the Architecture theme introduce a line of cityscape sets similar to this guy's work. :purrr:

Totally agree, Friesen does great stuff.  I like it, it's colorful too which Architecture needs, not all buildings are grey, sure Robie was red but most are blander in nature. These little microcities are way better than the skylines. 

Funny this thread started 8 and a half years ago and still there are so many buildings that could be made, they did make some of them though.