Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Hogwarts Mafia Sign-Ups

hm-logo.jpg

Twenty years after the Dark Wizard Voldemort was vanquished for good in the Battle of Hogwarts, the school was attacked again

- this time, from the inside.

~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~

Welcome to the sign-ups of the upcoming Hogwarts Mafia game hosted by me, Sandy, here in Eurobricks' games forum. This mafia-game is like no other held here, so the players will have to adjust to a whole new mindset when playing. But it's still a mafia-game at it's core, as players kill and vote out each other until there's only the winning side left.

A proper introduction and the rules will be posted once the sign-ups are over. This is because I want to keep you in sadistic suspense for a little while longer...

There are 24 player spots open for Hogwarts Mafia, and the sign-ups will be open for exactly two weeks starting today, because I'm going abroad. The game itself will commence at the start of July. By then, we'll know who's playing.

To sign-up for this game, you will have to answer two simple questions in as many words as you like. Your answers will help me select a versatile and motivated group of players for this game. I will also need some reserves in case of drop-outs, but I truly hope that you will only sign-up if you have time to play from July onwards.

So, please answer these questions in order to apply:

1) What is your experience with mafia games, here and elsewhere?

2) What is your relationship with the Harry Potter -franchise?

It's probably needless to say, but if you don't know who's Harry Potter or what Hogwarts is, please do not even think about signing up. For the rest of you, please sign up to the zaniest, most complex mafia-game EB has ever seen.

Thank you!

PS. I will gladly answer any and all questions you might have about this signing-up process for the next couple of days, but as I said, I'm going away for nearly two weeks next Tuesday, so my time online will be very limited during that time.

It's a great idea, thanks for organizing this! It's perfect with the new LEGO sets coming and such. :wink:

I've never played such a game, since I'm always to late to sign in. But now I'm not. :grin: I'd love to get to know the game, though, so I'm going to through the other mafia games to see how it works.

Oh, we're very close now. :blush: Well, I consider myself a big fan, since I've read all the books too much and because I mostly build in the LEGO Harry Potter theme. It's, obviously, my favorite theme. But I guess you knew that already. I didn't buy any LEGO of the 3rd and 4th film sets, but I got most of them later on. I am building scenes and buildings from the world of J.K. Rowling in LEGO, the Burrow is even my best creation I think. And I've got more WIPs in progress. :sweet:

I got the first book when I was 8, I think, and I've been enjoying them since then. I also enjoyed the films. When the Order of the Phoenix was released, I won a Harry Potter drawing contest and quiz for which I won the book itself. And 9 years later I'm still very much into Harry Potter. When something about Harry Potter comes up during conversation with my friends, I'm the one with all the answers. Sometimes I think I know too much about it, is it still normal to know all the spells used in the series? Anyway, I just love to check on Harry Potter news (on the films that is, because yes, I'm very interested in Deathly Hallows and how they're going to pull things of with all the stuff they left out in the Half-Blood Prince...), to plough through the Harry Potter Lexicon or just admire the Harry Potter fan art on the internet. There are many reasons why I like it so much: J.K. Rowling let the characters evolve during all these years and as a kid I grew up with Harry. I just had to know how the story progressed. And also the writer herself became much better at writing if you compare the first and last book. The first one handles like a real children's book, but the last one is a bit more complex, much darker and builds further on Voldemort and his war against half-bloods (and it's obvious on who's that based). Another reason is how Rowling is able do describe everything and everyone into details, I love it so much that even I use it, perhaps unconscious, in stories I write. And the third reason is the huge fan base around Harry Potter, which just keeps you involved in the story and let's you discover new things everytime. Call it an obsession or hobby, I'm really into Harry Potter.

Phew; edited my answer (yeah I let myself go :blush: ). :wink: Oh, well, now I also could share how I got into it, why I'm still into it and everything.

For the next two weeks I'll also be occupied with the exams, so starting in July couldn't be more perfect.

Oh, and that's a great little MOC there!

Edited by Matn

Great idea for a game, Sandy! It sounds great! :thumbup:

Like Matn, I've never been involved in a Mafia game before as I often miss the start. I'm glad I caught this one as it seems the most appropriate for me. I'd love to get used to the game style and become more involved with the EB community in a new way. I have followed some of the other games and found them quite fun and interesting. I may not have much experience playing like many others here, but you can't get the experience without actually playing!

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan! I've read all the books and seen all the films several times each. I've played several of the games and I bought almost all the old Harry Potter LEGO sets back when they were released, as you saw when I put them together. I have a good knowledge of the franchise and know my way around the castle as well as I can without actually visiting (although I have been to Alnwick). :tongue: For example, I know that is the Deathly Hallows symbol used in the picture. :wink:

I don't know what qualities you're looking for in a player, but I believe that I cover most of the bases when it comes to Harry Potter. :classic:

Thanks a lot and very nice mini-MOC too! :sweet:

Edited by ADHO15

I would love to sign up. :classic:

1.). I have played in a mafia game and a mystery game. I got to the penultimate day on Prohibition. I think they are great games and are good ways to enjoy role play.

2.). At first, I was slightly sceptical of Harry Potter, but now I am really in to it. I have enjoyed the films more and more as they come out, and I am looking foward to the new wave of Lego coming out soon.

p.s: Great mini Hogwarts. :classic:

Edited by The crazy one

Sounds like a good idea!

What is your experience with mafia games, here and elsewhere?

I've played several games here, not anywhere else though. Apart from my first appearance ( :tongue: ) I think I've played the parts pretty well.

What is your relationship with the Harry Potter franchise?

I've read all the books, and am currently reading them again, (Right now on GoF! Woo! :sweet: ) I've seen all the movies (Boo on burning down The Burrow! Boo!) too, and will be sure to make many bad references if I get picked! :grin:

I've played a game or 10. Won a few, too. :wink:

I dated Harry's mom for a while, but you know how it is. I'm also one of the staff members responsible for the Licensed forum where Harry lives, and as such I've shown my love and devotion for this endearing theme and those book things that they made out of it. :grin:

Seriously, I've read some, I've seen some, I've bought some sets, I am a frequent reader of Irregular Webcomic... It'll be a blast, I hope I get the opportunity to experience it, or I'll have to tear this school down brick by brick! :devil:

:laugh:

(If you need better answers, let me know)

Yay! I've been waiting for this. :thumbup:

In answer to your questions:

1)What is your experience with mafia games, here and elsewhere?

Well I did play in the PoP game even if I did effectively kill myself. :grin: IRL I've played similar things nothing quite as complex though. Having read through most previous mafia games here I'm pretty sure that I'm ready.

2)What is your relationship with the Harry Potter -franchise?

I'm not an uber-fan as such but I've got the DVDs and read the books so I know the back-story quite well.

Hope I get in June 27th cannot come quicker. :classic:

If there's space, I'd love to give it a go.

I've done three, and died every time. But, I take part! I always take part.

I've seen all the movies, but I'm not a super-fan. I liked the fourth film best. Then the third one after that.

I know a bit about them, played in a few, won a few too. Might have an interest in scheduling them and making sure they are running. :grin: I'll always love Mafia, it is a game you can never get bored with, as every game is different and unique.

I am, in fact, a close friend of Norbert's family, the friendly Norwegian Ridgebacks. His mother was so proud. I take an interest in the Lego sets, the upcoming ones look particularly nice, and loved the books when I read them. :classic: Harry Potter was very likely one of the first Fantasy-based on-going series I read, introduced me to a whole new world of literature.

Lovely presentation of the sign-up and setting Sandy, really looking forward to the game. :sweet:

Sounds Awesome! I'll sign up :thumbup:

I've taken part in two games, Dystopia and Imperial soldiers and if I may say so myself, done pretty well in both of them.

I read up to the 4th book but it took way to long to actually start progressing so I gave up on it and I just wouldn't get the ones after that because I missed that one. I have seen the movies however and I think they are all pretty good. What I did have trouble with while reading them and watching the movies is all the spells with their complicated names and I just forgot what they did so I would be reading the book and I would have trouble visualizing what was going on in duels. I love the franchise but I feel that they kinda missed the boat with waiting for a while in between films and then making the films because children have small attention spans and they probably made a bit more money if they sped up the process. I also think that with them taking so long the actors look way to old now for their characters. I don't like how they have Robert Pattinson a role cause I hate that guy. :devil:

Edited by Roncanator

No surprise that Matn is the first in line for this! :laugh:

I have never played one of these games either. I have always been intimidated by the fact that you need some experience in playing a mafia game in order to participate in one. But since this one is based on one of my all-time favorite Lego themes and promises to be something new, I don't feel as bad to join up.

I have had an idea for a mafia game of my own and would like to gather the needed experience to host it.

So sign me in!

And I too am still a huge Harry Potter fan! I have all the books (both in German & English), all the audiobooks, and all the movies. I have a collection of 18 HP sets (mostly years 1 & 2) and am very excited for the theme's reboot (even though I will probably only buy a few of the sets)! I was at a midnight celebration of the release of the fourth at my local bookstore when it was released and won a through a raffle! And as you all know, I chose Harry's head for my sigfig (because it looks a bit like my real-life self). :grin: So, naturally, I was pretty excited when I heard you were making a HP mafia game! And coincidentally, I will be abroad until the end of the month too, so that works out perfectly as well.

Kinda funny how we're signing up for something we don't know any details about. The suspense is killing me! It's like sitting under the sorting hat! :laugh:

EDIT: Ten sign-ups within the first hour of the sign-up thread - Looks like this is gonna be a success! :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

If I am lucky enough to get chosen to enter this mafia game, then this will be my second online mafia game. I've played Bella Teller in Ricecracker and JimButcher Dystopia. I got killed off very early in the game, but I had a good time and followed the whole game as I did with all mafia games on eurobricks. I do however play mafia games in real life, with the playing cards. I've mailed you before about this mafia game, because I like playing and Harry Potter is my favorite LEGO theme.

This is the reason I never had a dark age. I was slowly slipping away and then there was Harry Potter LEGO. I own nearly every set. I own every figure and I have a large amount of homemade missing character figs. My custom Harry Potter figs got me my first blog on brothersbrick.com. I've read all the books and seen all the movies, multiple times.

I can't wait!

Make that eleven sign-ups! :oh:

Great mini Hogwarts. :classic:

Indeed! :thumbup: The use of the DH symbol is a nice touch too, although I have to admit that I didn't recognize it at first since my factual knowledge of HP isn't as vast as ADHO's. :blush:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

No surprise that Matn is the first in line for this! :laugh:

Yeah, it was really a coincidence! I visited Eurobricks on the moment Sandy posted this. :sweet:

It's also fun to read the relationships with the franchise, and I've also added a bit more to my answer.

I've played in Baritones Mafia (very much building up the numbers in my n00b years :tongue: ), played in Galactic Paranoia, and must of n00bishly drawn attention to myself after my conversion. In Mystical Castle I managed to survive until the very end, with many people giving my kudos for my role-playing. In Dystopia, some people said they only really saw my as insane when I was shown to be the last in my family still alive. I hope that shows I have a fair amount of experience, and that I'm getting better with each passing game.

We have a very close relationship, with it being my favourite! I have read all the books multiple times, bought numerous Lego sets, seen the movies several times, and I pride myself on knowing more about the franchise than the regular reader.

The first mafia game I played was back in November 2009, that was Infection. I played Engofi Cheipo, I personally think I did average in that mafia game ending up voted out on Day 5 which was pretty good considering there were only 6 full days. Next up in my line of mafia games was Prohibitation mafia in which I played Mary Jackson. I was killed by the killer on day 3, this was disappointing for me but hey, it happens. Now my next role given was from Dsytopia which Im 100% sure you know about, I played Ellen Allison. Now I think I did well as I made it to the very end but along the way I did mess up doing some things as you know. :wink:

I have played 1 mafia type game on Eirebricks and I also was involved in the POP game if you want those to count but I have never played non lego mafia's. However I still know all the rules and since Infection Mafia I have read and signed up for every mafia game available. I defiantly have the knowledge and qualities you need for a successful mafia game and I will not be a let down through experience.

I have been a HP fan ever since the Philosophers Stone came out in the cinema, I have spent money watching every single movie in the cinema and own all of the movies on DVD and the first also on Video. I enjoy watching the movies on DVD and have watched them many times. As well as watching the movies I have also bought and played every single game that has come out which has given me further insights into the world of HP. However today I own just the 4th game as I lost the first 3 when we moved house and the 5th + 6th ones were traded in after I finished them. As well as these games I own the Lego Harry Potter Creator game that goes with The Philosophers Stone. I also will be purchasing the new lego game in the future. Now with the games and movies out of the way we are left with the books, I currently own all of the books in hardback. Even though I own many books I am not a great reader and only tend to read books a couple of times so I have only read some of the HP books once but others a few times. Even though I have only read the books a few times I do still know most parts about them and what the differences are between the movies and the books.

I owned many of the 1st, 2nd + 3rd sets but over time they were lost and I now own the pieces in my collection and most the figures were lost when we moved house. I do enjoy the sets and the new ones are currently on my list for future lego sets. As well as this I have been planning my own lego hogwarts in full minifig scale. This will include every room we have seen so far used and it will be fully playable. However this project is still going to be in the pre planning stages for at least a year and the building will take a long time, so don't count on seeing it completed for at least 5 years. With that project I am also creating my own maps with measurements and they will be accurate and useful.

-------------------------------------

Anyway as you can see I am pretty much a hardcore HP fan and I hope I am selected to play but if not then still Good Luck with this Sandy.

On Eurobricks I have taken part in a few mafia games. I have taken part in the Prince of Persia mafia game and really enjoyed being part of it. I also took part in a few other games and I am now looking to take part in a couple more, as I would like to get some experience. I also played a mafia game on my own website Eirebricks. There I has a lot of fun and enjoyed being a part of it. I got into both mafia games that I have been in and now want to take part in another.

I have enjoyed Harry Potter since it first began. I have collected all the books and special released book- Tales of the Beadle and the Bard which was a rare book to get. I have seen all movies at least 20 times and collected the special edition items. I have nearly all of the Harry Potter lego sets and have made a few Harry Potter MOCs. I know a lot the characters very well and could easily take part in this game. I could tell you a lot of details and many other things as well. I plan to go to the new Harry Potter Theme Park and I am really excited about the new Harry Potter sets.

I hope you choose me as I would enjoy myself and really take a part. Even if I do not get through I will watch the game with intent but hopefully I will get in.

Edited by Burman

My only mafia game experience this far has been the Prince of Persia game, it was great fun while it lasted! I've also read up on many of the past games to get in the mood, see how it plays out, but also because the entertainment factor!

I have read the books (in English and French) and seen most of the movies, but I was in my LEGO dark age when the Harry Potter sets came out. I do plan to buy some of the new wave coming up, which I'm quite enthusiastic about!

I know that the places in the game are very limited, so I will understand if I'm not selected, but I will certainly follow the game closely anyway! Can't wait to read the details of the rules and background story! :cry_happy:

I have not played any, though I have followed Infection and Red Moon and I would love to be in one.

Big fan. I have read all the books at least 5 times, watched all the movies even more. I have Beedle the Bard, Fabulous Beasts, and Quidditch through the Ages. The Knight Bus was the set that brought me out of my dark ages, I have 29 Harry Potter lego sets and I know that Steve de Witt was forced to eat his words on the fleshie Ginny. My only entry so far for a Eurobricks contest was a Harry Potter themed train, the Morsmordre Express.

I have followed both dystopia mafia, Imperial soldier's mafia, and participated in three rounds of Prohibition mafia before being executed. I've also payed several game with friends at parties where I was on fire and di pretty well. I'm a pretty good player but I would like to play my second game here, especially if it involves HP :wub: . I really would love to participate in this mafia game a lot since it involves two of my favorite things, Harry Potter and Mafia games.

I've always been a huge Harry Potter fanboy since almost the begining. A British friend of mine first introduced me to it and ever since then i've been in love. I never got the chance to get books 4-1 when hey came out but for the following books I was first in line at midnight parties at my local bookstore, and always took my time when reading them. I cried like most fanboys at the end of book seven and I read it in less then 24 hours. I own all the movies and have seen them all twice at the theatre (maybe 12 times at the least). I've bought many harry potter sets, and in fact at least a third of my collection is harry potter sets/minifigures. I am extremely happy that Lego is deciding to revive this classic theme which was an extremely important part of my lego years.

This would be very amazing if I could be apart of this HP mafia both as a mafia game and Harry Potter lover.

Ooh! I'd love to sign up!

My only experience actually playing in a mafia game was Shadows sadistic PoP kill-fest. I managed to survive until the final day. Other than that, I've recently followed both Imperial Soldier's and Dystopia from the sidelines.

I've read all seven of the books and own all six of the DVDs. I also own 6 of the LEGO Harry Potter sets, if that helps any.

sing up for sure,

and those questions

1. I havent any experience and this is my first time when i ever sing in of it

2.I have two harry potter sets but i have lost them somewhere, but i try to find them and maby buy those new HP sets

Captain Becker

Time for another mafia. :classic:

I've played Dystopia and the semi-mafia PoP Game. Never played mafias before that, but I think they're quite fun. I have also read quite a few past mafias.

Read every book at least twice, seen every film so far, and know a lot about the franchise. Lego-wise? I had about 4 or 5 CoS and SS sets.

Can't wait for this mafia, whether I'm playing it or not. :classic:

Dear Sandy,

I have been participating in all mafia games ever since in 2008, Dragonator's first mafia game, Mystery Castle till the recent Dystopia Mafia hosted by Ricecracker and JimButcher. My game experience involved in a few wins in this extreme game of life, involving mainly as a loyalist and as well as a scum in a few other scenarios.

I owned a few Harry Potter LEGO sets, especially after watching the first Harry Potter Movies till the recent one last year. I don't read books and novels due to lack of time but I always followed the movie, most of the time, even though I had a hard time understanding some of its terminologies at first glance, but after awhile, I understand the names, terms of different magicial terms.

If you required any further information, please let me know.

Thanks.

WhiteFang

Hi Sandy.

1) I've never played a mafia game before on an online community, but I've played in school. I've also followed all of the Mafia games here on Eurobricks, and follow with great interest. I always have wanted to play a Mafia game here on Eurobricks because I enjoy thinking, using my brain, and finding bad guys (or killing innocents, I'm fine with either :tongue: )

2) As for Harry Potter, I"ve read all the books, and seen all the movies (and own them) so far. My friends and I randomly quote lines at times, and two people on the street once called my Harry Potter. I assumed they wanted money... I also have some of the original sets. I have mostly from the first wave, and most of minifigure heads I have are a Harry Potter face, especially Harry, as my cousin was very interested in Harry Potter at the time, and he gave me most of his LEGO sets

I'd love to play, but I'll still be eager to watch!

-KingoftheZempk

Reason for edit: grammatical errors

Edited by KingoftheZempk