Sign in to follow this  
Tereglith

The Executor's Demise

EDIT: I've posted the pictures of the new version of the ship. Some subtle changes, but I think they make it a lot better. Commentary on changes is in purple

An A-wing plummets through space towards the stupidly exposed bridge of the Super Star Destroyer Executor. The bridge crew screams, the A-wing explodes, and nineteen kilometers of heavy steel, previously the second most technologically-advanced naval creation in the Galaxy, becomes nothing more than the Universe's largest dagger, stabbing downwards into the Death Star II with a force of quadrillions of Newtons. Explosions wrack its frame and the Death Star's as the Imperial fleet is thrown into disarray. The Rebels have won the day!

My scene is one of the climactic moments of Episode VI: ROTJ. The main change is the re-shaping of the aft part of the ship. In the movie it's pointy, and I changed the shape to reflect that. Also, there's no longer the menagerie of colors in the greeblage - just dark grey and dark bley:

4697058241_4c48397c3c_b.jpg

There's a pretty impressive lean to the ship. Notice the flame coming out from the bridge - that's where the A-wing hit it!

4697058243_1b936e4926.jpg

It's got the red thrusters... The pointy back comes out over the end by four studs

4697058245_7ef777c018.jpg

And a Raging Inferno of Firey DEATH! I kept this picture the same, simply because raging infernos of firey death all pretty much look alike.

4691535484_5030250056.jpg

No overhang. Well, there still isn't any, but you can't see that from this picture. I really like this shot, though, in conveys the almost arrow-head like nature of the ship as it falls, and the perspective is really great.

4697058249_9f1d54f38a.jpg

The model stands about 11.5 in (29 cm) tall, and it was a blast to build. I wasn't going for complete movie accuracy, but rather the general feel of the scene, and I think it came out pretty well. (At least I haven't had anyone complaining about how it ought to have thirteen thrusters :tongue:). Now that it's been updated and revised, what do you think?

Edited by Tereglith

Beautiful! I love all the details on the Executor and I love that scene! How did u get it to lean like that?

Yessir!

That's what I like :grin:

I think I'd better update that entry index.

We've got so many different types of entries now that it's hard to keep up with them.

Thanks Tereglith for making this great epic scene :thumbup:

Beautiful! I love all the details on the Executor and I love that scene! How did u get it to lean like that?

The seound pic shows it's leaning on a trans clear beam piece.

Nice MOC, You definately captured the scene. There is still lots of room for improvement I feel, pitucularly the greblies - they grab my attention too much, prehaps if you toned them down a bit, It'd hit that original feeling of awe a bit more.

But none the less, Well done, It's a great Entry.

Edited by Legoman

Nice! I've alwaysed loved that scene, and the simplicity of it's destruction. Well done!

Nice! I've alwaysed loved that scene, and the simplicity of it's destruction. Well done!
Wow! This is amazing! So violent. :tongue::thumbup:
Yessir!

That's what I like :grin:

Thanks Tereglith for making this great epic scene :thumbup:

Thanks all for your compliments. Good to know I've got the support of the Dark Lord of Denmark

Nice MOC, You definately captured the scene. There is still lots of room for improvement I feel, pitucularly the greblies - they grab my attention too much, prehaps if you toned them down a bit, It'd hit that original feeling of awe a bit more.

But none the less, Well done, It's a great Entry.

I see what you mean - their effect is softened when you see it in real life, but in the pictures the greebles to rather draw the eye. I'll try and make them more monochromatic when I'm revising the tail section.

I see what you mean - their effect is softened when you see it in real life, but in the pictures the greebles to rather draw the eye. I'll try and make them more monochromatic when I'm revising the tail section.

Awesome, I look foward to seeing this already awesome MOC made even Better :thumbup:

Wow! Amazing scene! 'Love your Executor!

And I do love your introduction text: Lucas Books should give you a chance!

Great job Tereglith! :thumbup: You managed to make a huge ship explode on a very small-scale diorama. Also gotta love all those 'black leather' in the background. :laugh: Though the scene is not as epic as other 'epic scenes' from SW, you still gave justice on that scene.

Though the scene is not as epic as other 'epic scenes' from SW, you still gave justice on that scene.

It was still an epic fail for the Imp Commanders! :laugh:

Though the scene is not as epic as other 'epic scenes' from SW, you still gave justice on that scene.
It was still an epic fail for the Imp Commanders! :laugh:

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary: epic - adj - extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope

This is a twelve-mile-long spaceship crashing into a battle station the size of a small moon; your argument is invalid.

In other news, the new pics are up! Tell me how you like it now!

Wow! Nice mods! Just thought I'd add, you're missing the thirteen thrusters :tongue: . I'd change the bridge fire to the wavy flame, but that's hard to add to anything :hmpf_bad: .

It's looking good Tereglith.

Best of luck.

Oh, this one is awesome!!!

I love the fire at the crash site, OMG, it's just so accurate looking.

This contest is going to be impossible to find a winner.