EDGE

10216 Winter Village Bakery

This will go nicely with not only the Winter Toy Shop but, also with last year's Advent Calendar, which weighed-in heavily with 'winter themed activities'.

Absolutely! I displayed the Toy Shop with the contents of the City Advent Calendar last year and they looked terrific together.

A picture of the Box taken from amazon japans web site.

10216_box.jpg

Thank you very much for this new picture, grogall! :classic:

It's nice to see that there'll be a baguette included and that the minifig next to the wife on the lake will not be a man but a kid. :thumbup:

Hopefully we'll see some pics of the interior soon. :cry_happy:

Klaus-Dieter

Aw, man I want this set for Christmas now ! :grin:

Thanks 'grogall' for the box art - dam it's so C & C - CUTE & COOL !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks 'grogall' for the box art - dam it's so C & C - CUTE & COOL !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Ditto. Just wish it would be C C & C - cute, cool and cheap! :wink:

Be careful with that... I had asked for the 10199 for Christmas last year, and it had sold out before my family could pick one up. :sad:

But that box looks great, and I am eagerly anticipating Christmas this year... in August. :wink:

Honestly, I don't think that 10199 (Winter Toy Shop) is sold out!

I know that at least in Germany Idee & Spiel stores will be getting it september-october as a new product

and its also too early usually we have exclusive sets around for at least two year.

I'm sure that the US will get stock again when 10216 will be released!

Edited by grogall

Ditto. Just wish it would be C C & C - cute, cool and cheap! :wink:

Cheap? LEGO? To quote Cheap Trick..."You must be dreamin'..." :laugh:

If this is released, I'll surely get it, since I'm an extreme winter addict. Just look at one of my last CAD-MOCs (no not that carriage scene I've recently added to the Historic Themes Forum), instead the Apres Ski scene, which I built some time ago in CAD. I'm slowly thinking about recreating my old Sigfig-House MOC to go with the Winter village sets, altough that the house has classic 80s-town style, instead of the Town Plan/Winter village series, with their crossover of modular and city. The piece count is quite similar, with almost 700pcs compared to a little over 800pcs from the toy shop. And there's a vehicle, a horse-drawn carriage in it, so I think the german price will be around 60€, not those horrifying japanese prices.

mFg Widdi

And of course, another set that goes WONDERFULLY well with the Winter Toy Shop, Winter Bakery and 2009 City Advent Calendar is 10173, the Holiday Train...especially if you want to do that whole 'train layout under the Christmas tree' thing.

And of course, another set that goes WONDERFULLY well with the Winter Toy Shop, Winter Bakery and 2009 City Advent Calendar is 10173, the Holiday Train...especially if you want to do that whole 'train layout under the Christmas tree' thing.

I completely agree with you, Orge.

But there is one problem: What about those people (like me) which didn't buy the Winter Train as long as it was available?! Of course you can buy it via ebay etc. - but there it is much too expensive.

Plus think about how awesome a new winter train could be - if done correctly - with the in the Emerald Night included new locomotive pieces.

Plus a winter train station is really needed, too.

So - like I already mentioned - I would like to see:

2011: winter candy shop with small slope (60-70 Euros)

2012: winter train (with PF stuff) and winter train station (150-200 Euros)

2013: winter chapel and winter hotel (60-100 Euros)

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I would very much like to see more installments in this winter village theme. However, while we all know that TLG generally avoid designs depicting real-life war, it would seem to me that they avoid religious subjects even more fiercely. The last time they offered a church building as far as I recall must have been in the 1950 or 60s, correct me if I'm wrong. None of the architecture or exclusive sets depict a cathedral or any other religious building, despite some of them being architectural wonders. So I doubt that a chapel will ever see the day as an official set.

I would very much like to see more installments in this winter village theme. However, while we all know that TLG generally avoid designs depicting real-life war, it would seem to me that they avoid religious subjects even more fiercely. The last time they offered a church building as far as I recall must have been in the 1950 or 60s, correct me if I'm wrong. None of the architecture or exclusive sets depict a cathedral or any other religious building, despite some of them being architectural wonders. So I doubt that a chapel will ever see the day as an official set.

I have to agree with you there. I don't think that Lego will do a church or chapel and I think this is correct!

what would be great is a candy or chocolate store.

a jewelry and ornament shop

a pet store

and maybe a train station for 10173 holiday train

Supposably you're right, Fugazi.

But then they could at least release a small winter town hall (similar to the one in 10184 - but with wooden colors and snowy roof).

And a small Christmas market would be nice, too.

Klaus-Dieter

One would think they could do a church or catherdal. I mean, can you think of a town that doesn't have at least one churhc or catherdal in it?

I completely agree with you, Orge.

But there is one problem: What about those people (like me) which didn't buy the Winter Train as long as it was available?! Of course you can buy it via ebay etc. - but there it is much too expensive.

Plus think about how awesome a new winter train could be - if done correctly - with the in the Emerald Night included new locomotive pieces.

Plus a winter train station is really needed, too.

So - like I already mentioned - I would like to see:

Klaus-Dieter

Oh, sure...like there aren't already enough sets out there that I can't afford to purchase! :laugh:

This set looks great. It'll make a great addition to my castle community. What I'm most excited about ... there is a Brown Horse!!

Supposably you're right, Fugazi.

But then they could at least release a small winter town hall (similar to the one in 10184 - but with wooden colors and snowy roof).

And a small Christmas market would be nice, too.

Klaus-Dieter

KD - did you see last Christmas my conversion of that Town hall just by putting some white base and plates/slopes on top? Worked very well in my winter village. But yes, something more rustic released as a winter set would be nice.

As regards the Holiday Train, I'm very glad to have it as I not only snagged it just as it was leaving Lego S@H, but it was at half-price! However, I have to admit that Emerald Night was a beauty in the winter setting and I preferred to use that in my village.

I'm looking forward to this little bakery, but I will admit that I think it isn't up to the same standard as the Winter Toy Shop and is a bit more plain somehow. I guess the problem is that some of the number of parts allocated for the whole set had to go to the frozen pond scenery.

I've kept my railway station intact - so even if it won't be the same winter village this coming Christmas, I will have it alongside the toy shop and this new building. I may winter-ify my own additions to Medieval Marketplace (also still carefully stored intact).

I'm looking forward to this little bakery, but I will admit that I think it isn't up to the same standard as the Winter Toy Shop and is a bit more plain somehow. I guess the problem is that some of the number of parts allocated for the whole set had to go to the frozen pond scenery.

What I am not so keen on is the bitsy mix of colours. For example, we know that the 1 x 2 x 6 arch exists in nougat - it appears in the Burrow set - why not use it around the door rather than bley and go for a full-coloured gingerbread ground floor? The horse cart also looks not so great in light bley. And the small stand looks like a less elegant version of the one from MMV.

What I am not so keen on is the bitsy mix of colours. For example, we know that the 1 x 2 x 6 arch exists in nougat - it appears in the Burrow set - why not use it around the door rather than bley and go for a full-coloured gingerbread ground floor? The horse cart also looks not so great in light bley. And the small stand looks like a less elegant version of the one from MMV.

Perhaps the house looked too monotone in all one colour. Lego does have a habit of looking artificial if you use an expanse of one colour. I have to strongly protest your suggestion of a different colour for the wagon, you are clearly aberrant :tongue: ... of course I could be planning a low sided train flat car in grey. They could have chosen reddish brown for the wagon and then it would have been perfect :-) In fact I might have to pop over to bricklink now to check what colours the wagon side comes in.

While I dont think this set is as brilliant as the toy shop, it's still way above average and worth getting.

Ages 12+

687 pieces

US $ 54.99 UK £ 49.99 DE 54.99 € CA $74.99

Return to yesteryear with this festive holiday scene!

It’s a winter wonderland in this snow-covered little town! A special-delivery evergreen, all ready for decorating,

arrives at the tree-seller’s stand by horse-drawn cart, while ice skaters frolic on the frozen pond with colorful lights

and a curious owl perched overhead. Just look out for the freshly-shoveled snow piles – one skater has already tumbled in head-first!

At the bakery nearby, the friendly baker prepares delicious holiday treats in his oven and rings up sales at the cash register.

Push the glowing LEGO Power Functions brick to fill the building with warm interior light! Includes 7 ½ minifigures, snow owl, horse and lots of winter accessories.

• Includes 7 ½ minifigures as well as a snow owl and horse!

• Features LEGO Power Functions light-up brick which lights the interior of the bakery when you push it!

• Includes lots of fun winter accessories like a dark blue minifigure hood with new fur print!

• Prepare holiday treats and ring up sales at the cash register!

• Skate on the frozen pond made of 8×8 transparent blue plates!

• Interesting elements include a camera, tan baguettes, croissants, green apple, 8×8 transparent blue plates, medium blue tiles and even a new ‘caramel’ color for several brick and arch elements outside the bakery!

• Features an evergreen tree for decorating, tree seller’s stand and even a horse-drawn cart!

• Bakery measures 7″ (18 cm) wide!

• Completed model (depending on space allocated between the individual parts) measures 16″ (40 cm) wide, 12″ (30 cm) deep and 7″ (18 cm) high!

10216-1.jpg

10216-2.jpg

10216-3.jpg

10216-4.jpg

10216-5.jpg

Picture links to HR image!

10216_lr.jpg

Video from the Designer! in HD

design.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by GRogall

What I am not so keen on is the bitsy mix of colours. For example, we know that the 1 x 2 x 6 arch exists in nougat - it appears in the Burrow set - why not use it around the door rather than bley and go for a full-coloured gingerbread ground floor?

They even seem to use the 1 x 2 x 6 arches on the sides of the building. I think the grey around the door breaks up the 'nougat' nicely. From the low-res pics I was a little skeptical too, but when you view grogall's high-res pictures, it actually looks pretty good.

Great set! I especially like the small details of the house (the bottom section of the walls, the interior, the doorstep, the colour scheme,...). It looks like a must-buy! Best, K.