EDGE

10216 Winter Village Bakery

I agree that the US price is quite fair. I assumed it would be less than the Toy Shop since it wasn't as large a set.

Is this the first Lego set to ever have an official minifigure count with 1/2 of a figure? I've been collecting for approximately 20 years, and I can't think of any other instance.

Thanks for the great pics and info. Good looking set, I think it will make a great compliment to the Winter Toy Shop. Decent price too at $54.99, I was expecting $59.99 as Lego seems to have been rasing prices this year. For those that didn't pick up a Winter Toy Shop last year Walmart has it up on their website. Its out of stock but lists it as new so maybe it will be available again this fall.

Edited by danthaman11

I'm pleased to see conformed price information at last, and for once I think the UK price is fair, which seems more unusual this year as alot of the prices seems a tad over inflated.

I can't wait to get this set and I'm starting to wonder if I should pick up another winter toy shop aswell as I'm not sure I can wait years to expand my village!

Great set, for a reasonable price. I'd rather buy the 10199 first, but after that...

Expensive christmastrees though! A small one for $100 and a big one for $200 :tongue:

Is this the first Lego set to ever have an official minifigure count with 1/2 of a figure? I've been collecting for approximately 20 years, and I can't think of any other instance.

Well, technically the figureheads on some of the major pirateships from the eighties and nineties can be considered half-minifigs... But that was always the top half, not the bottom one.

Oh my god... Boy, am I glad I stored some money away for this one! Amazing set! Unfortunately, the price will probably be 200kr (about $20) higher than in, say, America. Nevertheless, I am sooo getting this.

I'm not collecting city sets anymore, but god, i need to get this set! It looks like, with a few mods it can easily be change dinto a medieval bakery as it has a really nice, oldish style.

Thanks for the pic. This is a great set and is a must have for me. Will go nicely with the Winter Toyshop.

I'm not collecting city sets anymore, but god, i need to get this set! It looks like, with a few mods it can easily be change dinto a medieval bakery as it has a really nice, oldish style.

I completely agree. I only buy medieval sets (to protect myself from spending too much money - and also because my girlfriend thinks I already collonized too much room in the house :tongue: ). But nevertheless, man this is a good and cheap set which is easily modifiable to fit the medieval village I want to build. I'm just wondering how a medieval bakery would look like...

By the way, Grogall thanks for all these pics and the great designer video! Best, K.

I agree that the US price is quite fair. I assumed it would be less than the Toy Shop since it wasn't as large a set.

I'm not sure about official minifigure count, but the Grand Emporium had two 1/2 figures (bottom halves). And, as previously stated, most of the pirate ships had top halves.

Its strange that the Baguette which is shown on the box art is not shown in any of the pictures

will there be one?

As seen on the Youtube clip which I put into your previous post, there will be two :thumbup:!

This will be a nice Christmas addition. I am pretty certain that we will be able to see more of the winter modular series in the long run, and I can't wait to see what they have in store in later sequels. :sweet:

Lovely, lovely set. :wub::cry_happy::sweet: I so desperately wish even more now I had the Winter Toy Shop. :cry_sad:

I'm not sure about official minifigure count, but the Grand Emporium had two 1/2 figures (bottom halves). And, as previously stated, most of the pirate ships had top halves.

If we're speaking of any use of elements usually used as parts of minifigures, then the first Brickmaster set in 2008 was a robot using minifig legs for its fingers / claws - two minifigure lower halves. And of course there are any number of sets that use minifig heads (printed or not) as something other than heads.

Is it correct to assume that the Toy Shop is still available in Europe? What's the official deal with last year's set? I know there's been rumblings that it's still in Target's online catalog and others hint that it will be available...

But does anyone know anything official or otherwise about the Winter Toy Shop being re-released this year in America, or otherwise showing up from retailers???? I never had a chance at it last year, and wasn't into City at that point anyway. I'm all for getting both of these, but don't want to pay ridiculous prices on eBay or Amazon. Just would love to get some intel on the Toy Shop...!

I've read in a few places now that the Winter Toy Shop is available in Wal-Mart stores in the U.S.

$55 USD is fair-- almost uncharacteristically fair from TLC, but I'm thrilled to be proven otherwise-- consider me sold!

$20 more in Canada. What a scam! Our dollar is worth almost the same as the U.S.!

Well, technically the figureheads on some of the major pirateships from the eighties and nineties can be considered half-minifigs... But that was always the top half, not the bottom one.

Considering I own so many of those ships, I can't believe I forgot to take them into account. Thanks for reminding me.

I like this set, but I think the Winter Toy Shop is better.

I have seen this set on a Dutch Event last weekend, and it looks good.

Is it correct to assume that the Toy Shop is still available in Europe? What's the official deal with last year's set? I know there's been rumblings that it's still in Target's online catalog and others hint that it will be available...

I just bought one (presumably) from Amazon.com at MSRP (which is, in fact, $60, according to Peeron). I say presumably because I'll have to have it in hand before I can say I definitely got one for that price. There is another thread in the finds/deals section of EB... it's been appearing sporadically at Amazon, from Amazon (not a third party) for MSRP. It's been like that for the past few days, apparently, it appears for 15 minutes to an hour or so before disappearing.

What does that say about Target? I don't know... I've seen it listed at Toys R Us, too (but not in stock).

But does anyone know anything official or otherwise about the Winter Toy Shop being re-released this year in America, or otherwise showing up from retailers???? I never had a chance at it last year, and wasn't into City at that point anyway. I'm all for getting both of these, but don't want to pay ridiculous prices on eBay or Amazon. Just would love to get some intel on the Toy Shop...!

I don't know anything official, but since LEGO has the new one available on their website (but not for sale or even preorder, but you can put it on your wishlist), but they DO NOT have the old one, I'd have to say it's gone, as far as TLG is concerned. They might possibly have had some inventory left over they sent to some companies, but even that seems unlikely as they were listed as "sold out" on the website last Christmas.

Last night I posted I was able to order one at MSRP, as did a number of people at FBTB.net... you need to be quick, though, and one guy said he'd been refreshing his browser all day waiting for it. Within minutes after me making that post, the deal was gone.

Really? In the Lego website says 1st, October

He's in Germany. Europeans are already enjoying Series 2 minifigs, too.

Looks awesome, But I doubt I will be able to buy it. For some reason Lego doesn't like the U.S.A. market and I bet this will be one of those sets only sold in Europe.. :thumbdown:

People in other countries will find that laughable... not only are sets often cheaper here, we probably get more sets than any other country. It's true that they've misjudged us on collectible minifigures and other Christmas sets... people get very annoyed that we only had city Advent calendars while everyone else was getting other themes, but we've had all the other holiday stuff, as far as I'm aware... the train, the toy shop...

Edited by fred67

He's in Germany. Europeans are already enjoying Series 2 minifigs, too.

Oh... Lucky him! :thumbup:

Poor me :( :thumbdown:

The German Lego Brand stores have started to sell the Winter Village Bakery, and as a VIP customers you get 20% off till the end of the month!

The box for Winter Toy shop has also been changed slightly from last years set, the name of the set is not printed on the front which matches the other two better. :laugh:

winter_village.jpg

:classic: :classic: :classic:

The German Lego Brand stores have started to sell the Winter Village Bakery, and as a VIP customers you get 20% off till the end of the month!

The box for Winter Toy shop has also been changed slightly from last years set, the name of the set is not printed on the front which matches the other two better. :laugh:

*snip*

:classic: :classic: :classic:

Review!