EDGE

10216 Winter Village Bakery

Carbohydrates, I was just about to post about their toy robots and race cars. I guess this winter village is pretty advanced in the field of toy making but not so much when it comes to actual transportation technology :cry_sad::classic:

I think its just in with the holiday spirit. More people associate carriage or sleigh rides with the holidays, I don;t think this means its supposed to be set in the past.

:cry_happy: Oooh, that's such a nice little set! I hope it doesn't get too expensive with the power functions light. Anyway, it's a great source of nice parts and minifigs, just like last year's Toy Shop. And nice to see more medium nougat, including the (new?) larger arches. Did we ever get to vote for a 'colour of the year'? :tongue:

I don't think the wagon is out of place. Its 2010 and there are plenty of horse drawn carriages/wagons around. If you can't get around that maybe a lego supermarket is more suited to your sensibilities. :D

I like the look of the set and will be happy to add it next to my Winter Toy Shop. The wagon will probably be changed to a sled as I think I've got a couple of those long white skis that would work well.

Ah yes, all those 1800s children with their miniature robot toys... takes me back, it does. :classic:

Point taken. I never picked up the first set so I can't say I've noticed the robot or any of the other modern conveniences inside the toy shop.

Yuuuussss with a double fist pump!

That sets looks great! Will for sure be getting a couple of these.

Now I want a Santa Clause type Collectible minifig.

I've been looking forward to finally seeing pics of this set. I'm glad I ordered the Winter Toy Shop early, before it later went on back-order. Definitely, I'll get this to expand my winter village. Thanks again for the pic!

I've been looking forward to finally seeing pics of this set. I'm glad I ordered the Winter Toy Shop early, before it later went on back-order. Definitely, I'll get this to expand my winter village. Thanks again for the pic!

This looks spectacular! The light brown arches makes it look like a gingerbread house. :classic:

Edited by vlai23

I never bought the Winter Toy Shop but after seeing this one I am getting both.

The Winter Toy Shop is still for sale at least at S@H.

Another great set to add to the toystore and have up for a Christmas scene put up on some bench.

This time I will get the set before Christmas, and not after.

I quite like this set, but I think the Winter Toy Shop had a few advantages, better figs, and the light posts were very cool, and it was slightly larger. I hope to buy both this year. They'll go well with My MMV.

I like it a lot especially since we have a Winter town, although at LEGOWorld 2009 our skating ring was a bit larger ;)

I'm glad they're adding to this series, although this is 'nice' rather than 'exciting'. I would have hoped for more focus on the bakery rather than more trees and lampposts, but I can understand these inclusions as the wintry village expands. And of course, we are yet to see the interior. Definitely something to look forward to in the festive season.

I would have preferred to see a slightly larger building, and then maybe sell the ice rink and wagon as a smaller accessory set. I guess I'm envisioning this Winter theme more like those light-up Department 56 houses, where you can buy individual buildings, then smaller accessory sets (usually people, trees, that sort of thing) to go along with it.

I'm thrilled that TLC is continuing to expand this Winter theme though. I really thought the Toy Shop was going to be a one-off product that they never did anything with.

I just wish they would use white slope bricks for the roof instead of plates ...

nearly 700 parts,

54,99€

Release Date: Oct. 2010

That directly translates to about $72 USD. I wonder then if they'll sit it at $69.99, or push it to $74.99 or beyond...

That directly translates to about $72 USD. I wonder then if they'll sit it at $69.99, or push it to $74.99 or beyond...

Either way, it would make it more expensive than Winter Toy Shop while having fewer pieces. That's our reward for having bought Winter Toy Shop like there was no tomorrow.

The European price has almost no affect on the American price. If it's 55 Euro it cost still be $60, my guess is it will be $70. Maybe it has bigger pieces, Winter Toy Shop had a ton of small pieces. Who knows. LEGO isn't cheap and within 2-3 years a set like this will most likely cost $100.

Edited by The Green Brick Giant

What a stunning set! I hope the UK price isn't too steep. Between this and the new LEGO Harry Potter sets coming out around the same time, I'm going to be a very poor young man.

Thanks for the great pic! I can't wait to add it to my collection for this Christmas. :classic:

Oversized Image

EDIT: Please do not post pictures larger than our site guidelines of 800x600. This picture has been replaced with a link. -TheBrickster

I think I know now what this small stand is and why there is nothing on its table to sell:

It's a christmas tree selling stand.

Btw: Even note the similarities between 10216 and this my MOC - bakery, christmas tree seller and ice-skaters. :grin: But of course 10216 is way, way better than my MOC. :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

I doubt it'll cost $70. After all, I remember everyone guessing that the Winter Toy Shop was going to cost $100, both from plain guessing, and from currency changing, and it didn't turn out to be nearly that much.

I think I know now what this small stand is and why there is nothing on its table to sell:

It's a christmas tree selling stand.

Btw: Even note the similarities between 10216 and this my MOC - bakery, christmas tree seller and ice-skaters. :grin: But of course 10216 is way, way better than my MOC. :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Either that or its for scatting ring rentals!?

I say that because of the broom which is attached for clearing the snow from the ice....

Edited by grogall

Anyone notice the Helpless pair of legs that have fallen into the edge of the rink? This is going to look really well displayed next to the toyshop for christmas and holiday train, someone will have to take pics of all three together.

This will go nicely with not only the Winter Toy Shop but, also with last year's Advent Calendar, which weighed-in heavily with 'winter themed activities'.