Sign in to follow this  
commdr_neyo

Little Arms Shop Review

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi Eurobricks fellows!

I ordered some Little Arms Shop products about a week ago, and since I've never done a review before, I thought it might be interesting to do.

I've been wanting these for a while now, and I finally have them now.

I have decided to post the review here because of more possible interest than in the MCN.

There are two 'shops' at the website, the Euro shop, and the Dollar shop. I have compared the prices, but the Euro shop was cheaper for me.

They had quite some products, but they don't sell them all anymore (like the Boba Fett rifle :sad: ) Luckily, they still have most I wanted.

Now onto the review:

The envelope arrived yesterday and since they where sent by the Euro shop, they were sent within The Netherlands.

4685587871_2383abeeeb.jpg

This is my total order, it includes 6 DC-15A's, 6 DC-15's, 4 DC-17m's, 2 Starcorps blasters and 3 (E-11) Empire rifles.

4685585567_d271edfcbf.jpg

Here's a better picture showing which guns exactly:

4685601881_f3f084909d.jpg

I'll start of with the standard clone blaster:

4686222110_39bec10599.jpg

It can't be held in many different positions, not with two hands.

4686224176_a61823ca2d.jpg

But if you are creative..

4685593857_c798f91bcc.jpg

It can also be held like this:

4686228966_e85d73004b.jpg

Here's a comparision with the Hasbro blaster:

4685598229_e28fc79913.jpg

4686232880_f3f1bca45c.jpg

Now we will go on to his big brother, the DC-15A:

4685601829_96891758b2.jpg

This one also can't be held with two hands,

4686226380_5ff938f078.jpg

But it can be held like this:

4686229242_d321a92037.jpg

4686220262_e4a10bf13c.jpg

4686223314_3fb52fa14e.jpg

And here is a comparision with the Hasbro rifle:

4686231856_ebc63751d7.jpg

Here is the Starcorps blaster:

4685600371_97c152779a.jpg

Even these are really detailed.

4685600877_c2c966fa41.jpg

And here is the E-11 Empire blaster, which is pretty accurate.

4685601249_2e5fdb2fda.jpg

4685601515_5d019c6915.jpg

And last, but not least, the DC-17m Republic Commando blaster:

4686232318_4371b300fe.jpg

Which can be held like this:

4685600025_fdd119f309.jpg

And here's another pic:

4685600143_2fbf6a9287.jpg

And the whole bunch:

4686234662_c33eb5831e.jpg

Overall:

Price: 5/10 - A lot of money for not so much guns.. (about 28 Euro for the whole lot)

Quality: 9/10 - Just great!

Design: 8/10 - Good, much detail, and not 'over-detailed'.

Conclusion:

If you want better fitting weapons for your figs, and if you aren't affaid to spent some money, buy some Little Arms Shop guns!

Edited by KimT

Cool! Even thought there are bits of plastic left on, they look so awesome! I love that DC-15 rifle :thumbup:

BTW, I have the same 501st trooper action figure :tongue:

Never ordered any of these when Little Armory had them; I'm still waiting for the Brickarms version to be mass-produced....

From the pics it looks like the quality is not that good, there are remaining plastics from the molds. :sick:

I have already purchased some of these from ebay, particularly the DC-15As for my clone army. But the quality of the DC-15As I got was LEGO-quality. I wonder how this happened? They have almost the same identical design but significant difference in quality. Are there two (or more) manufacturers for these weapons? And they are just using the same mold and just differ in quality?

From the pics it looks like the quality is not that good, there are remaining plastics from the molds. :sick:

I have already purchased some of these from ebay, particularly the DC-15As for my clone army. But the quality of the DC-15As I got was LEGO-quality. I wonder how this happened? They have almost the same identical design but significant difference in quality. Are there two (or more) manufacturers for these weapons? And they are just using the same mold and just differ in quality?

Little Armory and Little Arms Shop both sold them, and I remember Planet Of Hoth (exact name?) had some on eBay. As far as I know, Little Armory had them first, but it sort of died out after selling all it's SW items last year. Little Arms Shop had them for the longest time, but listed them as 'Sold Out' a couple months after Little Armory stopped production. I don't know if Little Arms Shop is simply a seller for other countries, but I doubt it because they also sell official minifigs. Planet Of Hoth is almost certainly a reseller.

BTW, I have the same 501st trooper action figure :tongue:

I have seven. :tongue:

Good review. I wasn't aware they were still selling these, so I'll go see what they cost in GBP. :thumbup:

Nice! I love the DC-17! How much were they individual prices for the DC-17. DC-15S and DC-15A?

Of course, they're nothing compared to my brick-built version :tongue: !JK!

Thanks for the mini review 'commdr_neyo' - dam the Starcorps pistols are my favorite. :grin:

Wish the were available through an Australian agent !

Anyway, I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Little Armory and Little Arms Shop both sold them, and I remember Planet Of Hoth (exact name?) had some on eBay. As far as I know, Little Armory had them first, but it sort of died out after selling all it's SW items last year. Little Arms Shop had them for the longest time, but listed them as 'Sold Out' a couple months after Little Armory stopped production. I don't know if Little Arms Shop is simply a seller for other countries, but I doubt it because they also sell official minifigs. Planet Of Hoth is almost certainly a reseller.

Yeah, the ones I got was from the Planet of Hoth in ebay. I just noticed the relatively poorer quality of he Little Arms shop's weapons compared to the ones I got.

Yeah, the ones I got was from the Planet of Hoth in ebay. I just noticed the relatively poorer quality of he Little Arms shop's weapons compared to the ones I got.

For a long shot of a crazy theory, silicone molded items are of lower quality and rarely turn out perfect. I wonder if Little Arms Shop recast the Little Armory items or is a reseller of defective items.

I made an order about a year ago. I can assure you that the quality is top-notch and is up to par with other custom lego parts. The story of The Little Arms Shop goes like this:

i would like to thank Eurobricks to let me post this mail

so you all know the real story this i promiss you

her you have my part of the story

i was a retailer for Jeff

i also was his bigest retailer

to start from the beginning

i have sold littlearmory weapons for all most 3 years

and every thing went great

up to last February 2005

when i ordered $1200 worth of parts from Jeff

i send him the money before hand as all ways

when i got the parts from him i only got $600 worth of parts

i phoned Jeff and asked him about the $600 worth of missing parts

he told me he would send them as soon as space LTD had them made

there was no problem jet

i waited 100 days for the parts and my stock was running low again

i called Jeff and asked him about the parts and that i wanted to place a new order of $3500

he told me to order strait from space LTD

this i never dun before but it sounded good to me

i called space LTD to place the order space LTD told me that Jeff needed to give his OK on me ordering strait from them

after a few days space LTD got the OK from Jeff

but that all money questions and payments are to be answered only threw Jeff

i placed the order of $3500 with space LTD

after 2 days space LTD called me that the order i placed could not be made because Jeff had a open account that he still had to pay for and until that time the order i placed was put on hold

i called Jeff and he told me that the bill was only $450 he still had to pay with space LTD for one of his old orders!!

i told Jeff that i would send him $500 to pay for that bill and that later on we could minus the 2 amounts on the total bill i owed him from space LTD

every thing went great up to know space LTD send me the parts super!!

when i called Jeff to let me know the total amount i owned him

he told me that the bill from space LTD was $3500 i answered him that with OK

so $3500-1100=$2400 so i owned him $2400 and that i would send that money right a way

on his part of the phone it was silent for at least 1 minute

then he told me that i was to forget about the $1100 and see it as a gift to him???

i asked him wy? we had a business deal with each other and no more then that

he was mad and so was i

2 days later i emailed him to send me the real bill witch was $3500-$1100= $2400

he send me a mail back that i had to pay him $3500 and send every thing back to him

or pay him $6000

know i was really mad

this is not the way to do business with a retailer or with any one

i send him $2400 on this same day and that was it for me

a good partner ship down the drain

when i found out later what he posted about me on FBTB that i stole money from him and that i did not pay my bill with him

i try ed to post feedback on this matter to defend my self on FBTB

there was 1 moderator Cello Collin that blocked me from given comment

to Jeffs accusation's all the time and he stil dus this

i have tryed more then 6 times to tell my part of the story and every time he locked and deleted me from comments

he must be a very good friend of Jeffs i guess

even this one is closed know but i think this moderator is fair because he also closed Jeff this time

i had only two options left

1. sell the parts i have and then stop

2. make my own molds and go on

then Jeff send a email to bricklink demanding them to take me off from bricklink

i explained to bricklink that that would be impossible because of the free market we live in

and that if lego demanded bricklink to stop selling bricks it would be better to close all off bricklink

bricklink answered me that if i would change my store name and take away all of the littlearmory text

i could keep on selling on bricklink

so i did and i am still selling over there

because of this action from Jeff i made the decision to make my own molds

and even make new weapons

my littlearmory website witch i payed for $2200 and i put up with Jeffs permission will go away soon because i will have no more use for it is is long past

we have a new website www.thelittlearmsshop.com

i will go on with this because he made me very mad about the BS he has told every one over her on FBTB a bout me

i will not make any castle sets that is 100% sure

i will make space (star wars) modern weapons from todays army's

i am great full to you that i can tell my story to some one

and that FBTB cant block this

this is the small version of the story

but this is what happened and nothing els

this is old news know i gess

we do have new news also

since 16, September 2007 LEGOLAND GERMANY is selling my weapons pack in ther STORES!!!

this is a dream come treu for me

if any one has new idees for weapons let me know PLEASE

soon some thing very special will be made i think you all wil like very much

thank you

www.thelittlearmsshop.com

Hein-Jan Kemperman

I made an order about a year ago. I can assure you that the quality is top-notch and is up to par with other custom lego parts. The story of The Little Arms Shop goes like this: (...)

Hmmm, I knew there was unpleasantness between Hein-Jan and Jeff, but I never actually was able to find out what actually happened. Thanks for the repost of this old e-mail. I guess there's always two sides to every story; but Jeff was never very forthcoming with his side of the story, and back then topics concerning the problems were often locked pretty quickly.

Anyways... I never took sides in this. Back in the day I ordered Little Armory weapons from both Jeff directly and later also from Hein-Jan (who also lives in the Netherlands like me).

As far as the quality is concerned: the original LA weapons are top notch. As the pictures show, some mold flash does remain, but a hobby-knife does wonders in shaving this off, and what remains are weapons with excellent fit to minifig hands. Not the quite the quality of Brick Arms though, truth be told, but the designs are excellent and fit in well with real Lego Star Wars...

Thanks for the repost of this old e-mail.

Yep. Now at least we know what's going on. Though it wasn't pretty.

How much were they individual prices for the DC-17. DC-15S and DC-15A?

LAS Site

DC-17, $1.50 ($1.70 in grey)

DC-15s, $1.70 ($1.80 in grey)

DC-15a, $1.80 ($2.00 in grey)

Fairly reasonable, but slightly higher than some of the Brickarms prices.