For the challenge i decided to build a vehicle which uses the tri star wheel concept most commonly find in the trolleys for easyer staricase negotiation. Each hub uses 7 gears in Y shape to power three wheels. If the wheel gets stuck the whole assembly turn, therebye negotiating the obstacle.

p1140923.jpg

As you can see the whole body can tilt longitudinaly for best flexibilty. On the rear are the screws for powering the craft through the water.

p1140925.jpg

The model is powered by two M motors. The final gear ratio is 1:6,25.

p1140926.jpg

Left side houses the battery unit and the right one the PF receiver. For better reception the right side uses transparent bricks. Both can easily open using a folding mechanism.

p1140932.jpg

p1140933.jpg

I also made a short video showing off its offroad performances, which are very good for a model this small size:

The pictures don't half show you what it is capable of. Very nice to see in action. It works surprisingly well!

Very nicely done, might be cool to see if you can make one with bigger wheels like the power pullers or exoforce ones

I wonder whether it could really float on water if larger wheels are applied. Really inspiring work!

BTW,how does this vehcle turn? Would you please demonstrate the steering function?

Edited by ms09

I like it very much, very well done!

To the above comment it steers in the same way as a tank would steer.

This is a very creative idea. I especially like how easily it ran over the truck at the end.

Landmaster!

land2.JPG

Actually, much better than that. The center pivot works wonders, seeing if go over that truck at the end was great! Very nice execution, you make it look simple, but I'm sure it took a bit to work out the bugs.

Thanks for sharing!