whung

10155 Maersk Line Container Ship

$140 is too much IMO. I'd rather get Space Shuttle Adventure or Battle of Endor instead of this.

Agreed... I went and looked when I saw kohhu's post, and thought it was a bit much.

I realize there must be some license issue there, but I don't think that should account for such a high premium, especially for what amounts to free advertising (or increased brand name recognition, anyway). It's like paying extra for a Nike shirt instead of a plain one.

Edited by fred67

Wow, that's some sweet piece of information! :wub:

Will definitely get it - who's with me on this?

EDIT: Well, if it's 109 euros I have to think about it. :laugh:

Edited by Enpaz

I realize there must be some license issue there, but I don't think that should account for such a high premium, especially for what amounts to free advertising (or increased brand name recognition, anyway). It's like paying extra for a Nike shirt instead of a plain one.

Exactly. I had no idea what the heck Maersk was until I saw the 2004 original set. Now I see the Maersk logo everywhere and I'm like, "Hey look, it's a Maersk crate/truck/ship"

my girlfriend couldn't resist getting one at s@h so we'll soon find out what color blue is in the box :)

my girlfriend couldn't resist getting one at s@h so we'll soon find out what color blue is in the box :)

Mine is arrived now, i can confirm it's Maersk Blue.

Personally I like the idea that Lego licenses its sets by striking deals with actual brands. I wouldn't mind having a Caterpillar dump truck or a Boeing helicopter, but as Prateek said it will drive up the cost, because those licensing deals aren't free.

On the other hand TLG has a rich history of developing their own name brands for the Lego world. Who among us wouldn't be willing to rock an Octan ballcap or perhaps a tee shirt featuring the Fire logo. They've continued this of late with the new Farm logo and others, and I hope to see this trend continue. It just adds another level of authenticity to the overall scheme.

Well Guess what? 10250 will be another Mearsk ship! but i'm not sure if it will be just another rerelease or something new? hopping for the later!

10250 is the Year of the Snake set that came out a few months ago. Not 10251?

-Sci

I have never had the chance to obtain Maersk container ship set (that is to say, the timing of having the proper amount of money coinciding with the set being on the shelf in front of me has not occurred) and I would welcome one into my collection. I look forward to this set.

10250 is the Year of the Snake set that came out a few months ago. Not 10251?

-Sci

mmmm actually your right but since 10250 was only available in china maybe the will use the number in Europe and North America for a different set? but I know another Mearsk ship is coming!

im thinking if its the same sku, it would probably be a re-issue. But I'll agree that I would enjoy and most likely buy a newly designed Maersk ship

Hopefully it will be a completely new version as the last one has only been unavailable for a year, otherwise this would be its second re-release if its the same one which would be strange IMO. Hopefully some day the will bring out an up to date Maersk Container Lorry.

actually the set # is 10241 at €129.00

Oh, I wish for a minifig scale ship like the 2007 cargo ship.......but knowing my luck it will be the same reboot of a reboot design. :blush:

This works out at approx. 10 GBPs dearer than 10155 so possible it could be a re- re-release! But hope a new one

Oh, I wish for a minifig scale ship like the 2007 cargo ship.......but knowing my luck it will be the same reboot of a reboot design. :blush:

I like this idea too, a Maersk Cargo scene :sweet:

I did little research , if triple e ship will be to be realistic lego reconstruction is going to look like this http://www.1000stein...y.php?id=198169 .Quite boring and unplayable.

So i think, is going to be something familiar with minifigures together with maersk train.Something balanced between realistic and city familiar.

Edited by Ondra

Wow, that's a big megablocks ship. :oh: All those containers stacked so high and all the way to the edge like that, I wonder if they ever fall off.

Would make an excellent model.

If you google container ships losing cargo, happens all the time. If a ship goes through a storm, the container locks are broken, they fall off. The company records it as a loss, and claims insurance on the cargo. The oceans are littered with the things.

Wow, that's a big megablocks ship. :oh: All those containers stacked so high and all the way to the edge like that, I wonder if they ever fall off.

Would make an excellent model.

Emma Maersk would be a nice model.

Here is recent container ship MOL Comfort breaking in half: http://gcaptain.com/mol-comfort-incident-photos/

I did little research , if triple e ship will be to be realistic lego reconstruction is going to look like this http://www.1000stein...y.php?id=198169 .Quite boring and unplayable.

So i think, is going to be something familiar with minifigures together with maersk train.Something balanced between realistic and city familiar.

Hm. Well, it's certainly possible, but FWIW LEGO's history with Maersk goes all the way back to 1974, when they did their first Maersk cargo ship, and it looked like this:

1650-1.jpg

(pic from Brickset)

To date, they've done at least seven Maersk sets, including three of container ships (the third being a reissue of the second), three trucks and a train. The trucks and train have all been in some sort of minifigure scale, while the ships have all been in smaller ones. Now, obviously what they've done in the past doesn't necessarily absolutely dictate what they'll do in the future, but I do think it does at least show that they don't feel they particularly need to do Maersk container ships in minifigure scale. I'll be surprised if this new one is. But I guess we'll see!

As I don't have any of the trucks (but I have the train) I hope they'll make a new one some day...

Also is possibility, that this is another release of 10155 with higher price due to inflation.But 129€(20 euros increase from 2010) for 990 pieces is going to be very overpriced.So I think it will be new set.