whung

10155 Maersk Line Container Ship

Brickset says that 10155 was released already in 2009. So supposably whung got some wrong information.

I totally agree with you, romdam!

Klaus-Dieter

Brickset said that the © of the instruction is 2009, so it's 2009 set.

But what I find is

1) The copyright of the instruction is 2010, i.e. © 2010 The LEGO Group

post-2191-128456109562.jpg

2) This set was only been found since this year.

and 3) Instruction of this set was uploaded in LEGO.com this year.

So I believe this set should be a 2010 set instead of 2009.

This appeared on the Lego City website in the Harbour tab, no price yet?

:oh: It will be interesting to see the price. I think the old set got discontinued because the blue plastic was too expensive. I bet they re-released, this time with a different shade of blue.

TLG are now using plastic that can be colored at molding time rather than pre-colored ABS feedstock (at least I believe they are) so they can just use Maresk Blue pigment for this.

This appeared on the Lego City website in the Harbour tab, no price yet?

if you go to the police tab in that link, there are new photos of the bank set and the chase set...

The SNOT techniques, the bridge, THE PRINTED CONTAINERS! (Whcih look like new piecesdefault_laugh_new.gif ) This will be a must have for me if it isnt too much of a wallet draindefault_hmpfbad.gif .

I'm 99.99% sure this is a re-release of the 2004, 10152 Maersk Container Ship. On Brickset 10155 is listed as similar to 10152. Its also listed on the newly redesigned Lego site. Check it out! :classic: I wonder if it will be cheaper than its first eddition of around $75

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

I'm 99.99% sure this is a re-release of the 2004, 10152 Maersk Container Ship.

It is, only the stickers appear to be different.

Don't see why discussion on this has resumed as if it's going to have a public release. Yes, it's unusual that it showed up on the City website, but I think it's safe to assume that what we had already heard about this set still holds true-- that is, that it has been made in limited quantities and will only be available to Maersk employees.

If that's not the case, that would mean LEGO has received license from Maersk to start producing parts in 11 Pastel Blue again. The reason for the re-release in the first place was the discovery of unused ABS pellets in this color (just enough for the limited release), and so parts for a public release would need to be newly-produced from uncolored ABS and the correct color of dye-- something that has not been done before for this color of part.

If LEGO does have license to start making more Maersk Blue pieces, then that's good news because it means more Maersk co-promotions could be over the horizon. But it seems curious that they'd start out by expanding a special limited-release set to public availability (thus eliminating the exclusivity that made it special) instead of designing a brand-new set for public release.

The way we'll be able to tell if LEGO is indeed producing new Maersk Blue pieces is if LEGO releases their 2011 color palette to the public and it includes 11 Pastel Blue. Otherwise, I have doubts that future Maersk sets are quite so near in the future.

I can confirm the Maersk blue bricks are still available and are the same as the original. I put some 1 x 4 Maersk Blue bricks on our LUG's bulk order earlier this year. To my surprise they came back available. I ordered 300 of them. Shortley after I placed the order I saw the same leaked photo. My guess is they produced new bricks for this set rather then useing 2004 left overs.

Hopefully this will be available, as I need another one.

I have 10152, but when I was in college, the set was at my parents place. Got a little too much sun and ended up with yellowing of the pieces. Also the stickers all peeled. Probably one of worst mistakes I've made with my collection......

Bought the Mearsk container ship today at my local Lego store for €109.99

so it should be coming to a Lego store near you too!

Picture links to High Res version 2800+ pxl.

c_10155_detail_1_800.jpg

Cool set! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bought the Mearsk container ship today at my local Lego store for €109.99

so it should be coming to a Lego store near you too!

Picture links to High Res version 2800+ pxl.

*img*

Cool set! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That means it may come to S@H sooner or later, possibly with the city harbor theme in June? :cry_happy:

109.99 euros seems reasonable. I hope its around that number in US dollars.

Could you do a review on the set? If not, perhaps just a pictures of it would do good. :classic:

Edited by Mrlegoninja

The set 10155 Maersk Container Ship is now available from S@H in the UK and Europe. Link. Its price is £102.99 for the UK and EUR 109.99 in Europe.

~buddy~

Thanks buddy, I wonder why Lego put it under City.

I would have thought it would be a Hard to find or exclusive default_sceptic.gif

I just looked and they have it listed under both City and the Exclusive & Hard to find section.

~buddy~

If LEGO does have license to start making more Maersk Blue pieces, then that's good news because it means more Maersk co-promotions could be over the horizon. But it seems curious that they'd start out by expanding a special limited-release set to public availability (thus eliminating the exclusivity that made it special) instead of designing a brand-new set for public release.

The previous releases of this set were publicly available.

The set 10155 Maersk Container Ship is now available from S@H in the UK and Europe. Link. Its price is £102.99 for the UK and EUR 109.99 in Europe.

~buddy~

And €129.99 for Ireland at Lego's "special" prices (I believe Finland also often suffers from these). So much for the single market!

Just asking:

Can anyone confirm that this sets contains the actual

Maersk blue color bricks? Not that we may find regular

medium blue bricks when opening the box...

Cheers!

JJ.

Just asking:

Can anyone confirm that this sets contains the actual

Maersk blue color bricks? Not that we may find regular

medium blue bricks when opening the box...

Cheers!

JJ.

Uh-oh, Jasper - do I see another awesome MOC in your future? :)

I can confirm the Maersk blue bricks are still available and are the same as the original. I put some 1 x 4 Maersk Blue bricks on our LUG's bulk order earlier this year. To my surprise they came back available. I ordered 300 of them. Shortley after I placed the order I saw the same leaked photo. My guess is they produced new bricks for this set rather then useing 2004 left overs.

Jasper, time to have a look at your eyesight... :blush:

$140 is too much IMO. I'd rather get Space Shuttle Adventure or Battle of Endor instead of this.