whung

10155 Maersk Line Container Ship

How much was the original set actually? I can't remember it any more.

I think it was either £45 - £50 - £55 GBP from memory

I'm so looking forward to getting this one! I don't have any bricks in maerks blue! How much was the original set actually? I can't remember it any more.

The US price in Shop@home is $74.99 for 10152.

Personally I am not a big fan of the ship. But I love to get my hand on some of that Maersk blue bricks. :classic:

The picture is already in the first post of this thread, that was why the discussion was started. :tongue:

It's too bad LEGO didn't decide to offer a newer Maersk ship in minifig scale. Personally, I never thought this ship was a very good set.

Minifig scale? Wow, you really have room and $$$ for that :oh:? A real one, like Gudrun Maersk, is about 367 m (1,204 ft) long and 43 m (141 ft) wide. Minifig scale beeing approx. 1:48 would make it 7,6 m (25,1 ft) long and 0,91 m (2,93 ft) wide!

Minifig scale? Wow, you really have room and $$$ for that :oh:? A real one, like Gudrun Maersk, is about 367 m (1,204 ft) long and 43 m (141 ft) wide. Minifig scale beeing approx. 1:48 would make it 7,6 m (25,1 ft) long and 0,91 m (2,93 ft) wide!

I expect nothing less! Honestly, I'd just want to see the box that one of those minifig scaled ships would come in.

Well what about a minifig scale one the sprit of that larger ship, like the 2007 city harbour ship ?

And where might this set be available to - S@H or somewhere else ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Any word on when/where this might become available? Only from Lego stores/S@H I suppose? From past experience, does the presence of the instructions in the TLG database suggest an imminent release?

Not seeing the excitement in this. It's not on scale to anything so why the hype? Just for the colored bricks??

Not seeing the excitement in this. It's not on scale to anything so why the hype? Just for the colored bricks??

Just like the Tower Bridge, the Star Wars UCS or the Taj Mahal, sets don't need to be in minifig scale to be exciting. It's big, exclusive, unusual colours, hey it can be interesting. Besides, I'm sure it can easily be converted to a minifig scale ship if you must.

If you place no value in MOCs that don't have figs then you won't be excited by this set; however, if you like models then you'll dig it.

Brickset.com has listed this ship in their database. A note has been added saying "PRIVATE promotional set for Maersk." Does this mean that only the employees of Maersk get their hands on it (as it was the case with the Vestas windmill, which I built by buying all bricks separately)? I hope not! Does anyone know more?

PS. My 1111th post! Nice number! :sweet:

Anyone? Is this not gonna be released to the public?

It will most likely going to be released for the holiday season after October or around there.

You just need to wait.

Brickset says that 10155 was released already in 2009. So supposably whung got some wrong information.

I totally agree with you, romdam!

Klaus-Dieter

It was also written that it was limited-release for Maersk, so don't expect this in shops.

Didn't 10152 (the original Maersk ship) start out as a limited release as well, then was eventually offered in shops? I can only hope that the same happens with 10155.