whung

10155 Maersk Line Container Ship

Interesting - I have the original, and this one looks almost identical apart from the stickers. The new one also has 2 extra pieces - wonder what they are ?!

I was thinking of buying one of Bricklink, but now... I think I'll wait until it is released :)

I can confirm absolutely that set 10155 has been out for some time - I got one about six months back from a family relation that works in Maersk, and I still have the box sitting in my study. It's incredibly difficult even for Maersk people to get a hold of it evidently (according to the scandinavian contact that it came from).

The sticker set does not feature the Maersk Sealand logo, only "Maersk Line" in large text for the hull side. The boxes on deck are simple "Maersk" writing and logo.

There are not enough stickers however (at least in the set I got) to cover both sides of each box - enough for all the white boxes, but several sets short for the greys. Of course, if you put all the stickers on anyway, the boxes are too tight a squeeze to really fit well, so interior facing boxes I recommend you leave off stickers altogether to maintain the straight lines of the box stacks.

Really? Six months? I'm sorry to doubt you, but after all, you're new here, and it would seem odd that we hear about this only now if it has been out for so long.

This makes me think if this is just a promotional release, exclusive to Mearsk employees. :look:

Really? Six months? I'm sorry to doubt you, but after all, you're new here, and it would seem odd that we hear about this only now if it has been out for so long.

This makes me think if this is just a promotional release, exclusive to Mearsk employees. :look:

Isn't it so that promotional sets have different set numbers? Vestas was 4999, the 10xxx numbering seems to be 'reserved' for Lego Direct/Exclusive sets. If we look at it from that angle this set is more likely to be a scoop for a coming Exclusive than a promotional release for Maersk only.

Yes. Maersk blue was produced especially for Maersk promo products. Since these days LEGO mixes its own colours, I imagine it isn't too hard for them to whip up a batch especially for a one-off run of an Exclusive set.

Although the very thing that makes this easy - mixing the colour with the ABS rather than using pre-mixed pellets - will also probably ensure we end up with slightly varying shades of Maersk blue for each type of brick :grin:

I can confirm absolutely that set 10155 has been out for some time - I got one about six months back from a family relation that works in Maersk, and I still have the box sitting in my study. It's incredibly difficult even for Maersk people to get a hold of it evidently (according to the scandinavian contact that it came from).

Supposing LEGO does sell this set to the general public, and that they can whip up batches of "dead colours" now, what's stopping them from whipping up a pre-bley-era re-release? Bring it on, I say!

Ah, yes...I remember getting this all those years ago. I had been planning to get it on lego.com, but when I finally got the money, the set had retired only a few days before. Thus, I was forced to get mine on eBay while prices were still low.

Looked a bit funny to me until I saw the original.

Not too sure about this set. It's nice, but that's all I can really say about it...

Isn't it so that promotional sets have different set numbers? Vestas was 4999, the 10xxx numbering seems to be 'reserved' for Lego Direct/Exclusive sets. If we look at it from that angle this set is more likely to be a scoop for a coming Exclusive than a promotional release for Maersk only.

Good point, a true promotional would use a 30xxx number these days. Perhaps that Maersk requested exclusivity for a couple of months, then S@H will start selling it as well?

I haven't been this existed over a new set since I heard pirates were coming back! And those turned out to be major disappoints in my book....I've been wanting this set for years!

Very nice. Are we sure that this will feature Maersk blue and not Baby Blue blocks?

The only other model I have on-hand to compare it to is the Imperial Flagship. I guess that on the Flagship the light blue just above the gun ports is Light Royal Blue and the gunport covers are Bright Blue(?) from the lego colour chart (someone might confirm that). The Maersk blue is NEITHER of these blues - it is about midway in saturation between the two, but has a distinct greenish tinge to it - I would call it an aqua if you asked the first word that came to mind.

:wub:

I would be thrilled to see this come out in 2010 as a re-release! I missed out on the first one as I was just coming out of my Dark Ages so this would be an awesome score.

Ill be keeping my fingers crossed here.

-Davey

I have unexpectedly found an image of box photo with set number 10155,

which is the same as 10152 Maersk Line (2006 version).

But I haven't heard about 10155 before.

The background of the box photo is different from 10152, is this set to be re-released?

Feel free to discuss.

10155.jpg

WOW I have the original and paid a good pennie for it

now I can build the mega tanker

PS PLEASE LEGO PLEASE re-release the Cloud city set

WOW I have the original and paid a good pennie for it

now I can build the mega tanker

PS PLEASE LEGO PLEASE re-release the Cloud city set

haha, well, i'd rather have the ship itself!!!! :tongue:

Here's a deal: You can have the background, me the ship! :laugh:

I missed out on the first one as I was just coming out of my Dark Ages so this would be an awesome score.

Ill be keeping my fingers crossed here.

Same here! I just love this set for many reasons. I'm a huge fan of ship-harbor oriented sets since my father was a captain in the past and I've spent thousands of hours as a kid in ships. I also happen to work in the Logistics - Supply Chain field and this would look just beautiful in my office! :wub:

Oh yes, I know Maersk containers like the back of my hand! :grin:

Thank you very much for this information, whung! :classic:

I must admit that I don't like that since I don't like the ship: :thumbdown:

1. Brick-built ships in this size look bad (like if a kid would have built them).

2. It doesn't include any interior.

3. It doesn't go in scale with the regular City sets.

Imo TLG should release a new cargo ship and ships in general (even a pleasure cruiser, a yacht, a yacht harbor, ...) - but which go well in scale and style with the other City sets.

Klaus-Dieter

Question here: Someone above me mentioned that in the past the

set was only available to Maersk company or something? Or is this

my mistake? I surely hope that this set will be available to us all!

Can you please post pictures if you do own it?

Im hoping that the set is around $100.

Thanks for the picture whung!

LegoGalactus

I don't get it, we were told last time, they used up all the Maersk Blue on the last production run,

Now it's back!

mmmm, I got the original 2005 version, before the it was re-released in 2006, did they not change the stickers between the 2 previous versions?

Paul

I gotta have that!!!!! Maersk Blue is on my most desired color list. Some of those pieces are so damn expensive that it's next to impossible to amass a large amount of them, but a new set release opens up so many possibilities.

-pic removed at request of TLG-

Ok, that line says a lot to me... :classic:

It's too bad LEGO didn't decide to offer a newer Maersk ship in minifig scale. Personally, I never thought this ship was a very good set.

Ok, that line says a lot to me... :classic:

Indeed. It's funny how when they ask for pictures to be removed, it effectively confirms the set does exist or is real...

I'm so looking forward to getting this one! I don't have any bricks in maerks blue! How much was the original set actually? I can't remember it any more.