CopMike

D2C Designers requesting feedback for 2012 models

1. No, sets like those are great designs as-is.

2. Sort of a mixture. If there is a theme I really like (Harry Potter, for example, it makes it more likely I'll buy most, if not all the sets, in that one theme.

3. Stonehenge.

4. Some sort of old and weathered castle.

5. Ultimately I'd love to see plenty of more Harry Potter sets. I like the direction this years sets are going, and I'd love to see more. Especially some Deathly Hallows themed sets. There could easily be a camping scene set, the wedding, the dragon at the bank, shell cottage, the epilogue, etc...

1. No. Usually I only buy models of that size if they're at a discount, and when I do I plan to keep them together for display.

2. Whole. Although I do discriminate based on interest in my purchases, I almost never buy a set unless I've already planned to "collect" the series.

3. Angkor Wat

4. No idea on this one.

5. I'd love to see an attempt at the steampunk genre, much like Exo-Force was an attempt at the mecha genre.

Edited by CopMike
Questions removed for easy viewing

1. I haven't bought any of those set's, but I like picking sets for their parts, sometimes the look.

2. Individual.

3. I think that a giant LEGO computer would be SWEET!

4. Look at answer 3

5. I'm a BIG Technic/Mindstorms fan, so keep up the Technic/Mindstorms!

Edited by CopMike

1.No, I often can't get them because they are to much money.

2.Mostly I buy out of individual appeal, though if I like an entire line I'll try to get as much of it as possible.

3.I would almost like a full sized pyramid, or maybe the Great Sphinx.

4.I would love to see an ultimate set to do with the pirate line, sort of like an ultimate pirate ship to match the imperial one.

5.As an expansion theme, I would love to see a possible update of ninja being brought back, or possibly classic sci-fi, such as Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers. Though I must admit, Steam Punk would be incredible as well.

Thanks for doing things like this, its nice to think that good ideas can influence the direction of one of my favorite items :classic:

1) No

2) individual appeal

3) colosseum would be nice

4) a massive set with a high detailed castle, in minifig scale

5) more castle civilian sets "medieval market village" style.

A

Edited by Albero - BEL

1) I don't buy them as I can't afford them but I'm planning on getting my hands on a few modulars.

2) I usually try to collect the whole line but I often see other great sets and start collecting them instead.

3) The leaning tower of Pizza would make a beutiful set, I would surely buy it if it was released.

4) We need a LEGO store (CITY) for all those LEGO sets from the new yellow truck, another set I would not hesitate to buy.

5) We need some revamps of old ''Classic'' LEGO themes such as Adventures, western and a new ''SteamPunk'' theme would be great!

Thank you for this opportunity for us to share our thoughts with you :classic:

1. While I haven't bought any so far, I would definitely consider buying one or more as parts supply when parts selection is interesting. Probably more than for the model itself, as I don't usually keep models around for display.

2. I would buy specific models for individual appeal (either design or part content) rather than collecting a whole series systematically.

3. La Sagrada Familia (Barcelona), Notre-Dame de Paris cathedral, Neuschwanstein castle

4. VW Transporter (Westfalia camper bus version), USS Enterprise, tree house (!), Manic-5 (Daniel-Johnson) hydroelectric dam (Canada)

5. Random ideas I could see myself buy: Star Trek and Lord of the Rings-themed sets, bring back Paradisa, individual train cars, affordable Architecture theme (skip the luxury packaging!), more Legend series, put old parts into LDD, give us back sand red, I want this I want that give me the moon blah blah blah :grin:

I might edit myself later on if more ideas come up!

And... thanks for asking! :thumbup:

Edited by Fugazi

1. No, but i think its cool to get a bunch of a new color. I recently got back into Lego and got the Fallingwater set, was my first time seeing tan bricks and thought it was really cool.

2. Individual

3. Hm, thats tough, I think a UCS scale white house would look great. Or maybe some kind of famous car, similar to what was done with the VW beetle.

4. Id like to see more of the large scale minifigures (the ones with like 3000 bricks and stand a couple feet high) from some classic themes like m-tron, blackstron, or something like that.

5. For sets based off real world buildings/items, i really liked what was done with the Fallingwater house having a section of the instruction manual dedicated to showing the history and giving background information. I think that should be done more, i was disappointed when buying the Taj Mahal that it diddnt have anything like that or even a display piece like some of the star wars UCS sets have. Id also like more emphasis put on printed pieces, i hate using stickers!

Edited by FROGG

1.) I buy the sets both because they are amazing "parts packs" and because they are spectacular models.

2.) Individual only because I was in my Dark Ages for the Statue of Liberty, but have the others.

3.) I would also love to see the Colosseum.

4.) I would also love an UCS castle.

5.) My wife would love a ski chalet and/or a Farmer's Market (or The Temple of Artemis - one of the ancient seven wonders, lol). I would love to see the Sistine Chapel.

1. Yes and No. I buy them for the model, but eventually everything becomes parts.

2. Individual

3. Notre Dame Cathedral

4. A large scale space set (not star wars) or anything medieval or castle related (Medieval Market Village was excellent!)

5. I like the idea of the town modular buildings - they are smaller and cheaper than sets like the taj mahal but can be put together to make something grand.

Oh, and an Elves subtheme for castle would be fantastic. :cry_happy:

1. No, the sets themselves are quite nice.

2. I buy most of the castle lines except for if there is a set that I really don't like. Other lines I judge each set on it's own.

3. An elaborate temple or the Roman Colosseum. Something large and historical.

4. A medieval version of Town Plan.

5. Bring back bows of the non-cross variety! A Creator castle would be nice. Civilian castle sets would be nice.

Edited by CopMike

1. No, not at all.

2. I mostly buy the specific sets I like individually, but smaller themes like Toy Story are ones that I collect every set from.

3. Big Ben

4. Another VW Beetle or something from Star Wars (Perhaps an X-Wing or Slave 1)

5. I love the Star Wars theme and am always impressed with the assortment that is offered. This is the same for the new Disney sets, which are fantastic.

1) I enjoy these sets due to their size and presence when built, so no to parts packs.

2) Any model is going to be subjective - you only need to check out the forums here to see that most people will not buy a specific model because of x, y or z. I only buy models that appeal.

3) I see that the Sydney Opera house has been mentioned here, which I second - some of those curves would be difficult to represent in Lego on a large scale, but It does have the potential to look amazing. I think that any of the '7 wonders of the world' would be a great starting point too.

4) As far as an ultimate set goes, I'd love to see a UCS ATAT, a Central Park or a SR-71 Blackbird :)

5) I'd be very keen to see a return of the Legends line, and some of the classic sets brought back - eg - 6995 Victory lap raceway and The monorail sets.

1. No

2. Whole

3. Mt Rushmore?, US mounuments...

4. ?

5. Keep SW :cry_sad::sing::sing: please! Set ideas

-Palpatine's arrest

-Bail's speeder w/ jedi temple

-gungan ship

-Theed palence attack

-episode II sets

-OT sets

Edited by sologuy369

1. No, first and foremost the model has to impress me. I still haven't been able to bring myself to dismantle the Taj, despite not really having enough room!

2. Individually

3. Sydney Opera House would be nice and I've always wanted to see a big Lego White House.

4. I'd happily sell my granny for a UCS Super Star Destroyer on UCS Venator. Also more big pirate ships along the line of Imperial Flagship would be fantastic.

1. Yes

2. Whole

3. Something from Dubai

4. Maybe a pirates port, since we have the modular sets and the medieval market village, this set would complete the series

5. Since you made the PoP sets, it would be cool to get a contract with Disney for either the Pirates of the Caribbean or the new Tron movie.

:pirate:STEAMPUNK!!! :pirate:

Edited by tchuk-norst

1. No, i buy them for display and the pleasure of taking on tougher than normal builds.

2. Usually buy the entire line when I can (City, Castle, Pirates, Star Wars), occasionally outside these lines for particular parts or when cheap.

3. The Colosseum would be fantastic, but Petra in Jordan or the Stonehenge would be interesting.

4. I prefer ultimate sets that cater for minifigs. Similar to the Carousel and Medievel Market.

5. One of my many desires is to see a larger variety of animals that work with the minifigs. A zoo or safari theme would be exciting. I also like the idea of doing diffent cultures, particularly ancient ones, like Ancient Romans or Greeks, Vikings (I collected the series and loved it) Egyptians etc. I also liked the dragon knights and forestmen series in castle, and like the idea of totem animals for various fractions (ie unicorns, dragons, pegasus etc) that assist in the medival fantasy theme.

Thanks for asking for our imput.

1. No, I see them as complete models. And they should be built and displayed as intended.

2. As a collector I like to own all of the one thing. So I like to collect the whole series.

3. I would like to see the Big Ben as the next World Icon.

4. I would like to see a Classic Vespa and more Modular City Sets, eg, Bank, Post Office, Bar/Pub, Barber Shop/Hair Salon, Fast Food Restaurant, etc.

5. I would like to see a return of the Wild West theme. With reproductions of older sets and some new ones, ie, Saloon, Train Station, Church, etc.

Edited by CopMike

1. No

2. whole

3. Please release more pirate ships, like back in the old days where you sold those small but cool ones.

4. More pirates, model HMS Victory or something. :tongue:

Capt.JohnPaul

Edited by CopMike

1. No

2. Individual

3. The Great Sphinx of Giza

4. The Titanic

5. I don't actually own any of these sets, they're way out of my budget, so I'm answering as though I had just won the lotto. I've always wanted to own the Taj Mahal set. I didn't really like the Eiffel Tower set. It looked terribly jaggy thanks to the use of sloped brinks being stubbournly avoided.

Edited by CopMike

1. No

2. Individual

3. The temple at Karnak

4. Medieval Market and/or Castle in Minifig scale. Perhaps hosting a joust/tournament/tilt.

5. I loved the castle fantasy theme. The Dwarven Mine is the set that returned myself and my family to lego. I loved it and so did my wife! I have spent thousands of dollars on Lego since then.

I also would like to see a new Wild West town. Similar to the Medieval Market or larger.

I am guessing that a zoo set/theme may already be in the works. If not perhaps this is where to do it.

Ahab out.......................

Edited by AhabDarab

1. No i dont buy them at all.

2.individual

3.the Parthenon

4.an ultimate castle!

5. i never bought any World Icon stuff as they are too expensive monotonous in building and pointless at the end.

if i were lego i would stop this all together or try and lower the prices.

Please continue the modular buildings line. i love them all and i am trying to collect them all!

make something for city that is unique like a city monument. a city hall or something like that.

every city set even the farm or the police station can be made in the exclusive amazing form. Try that for some stuff!

1. No, I do buy them because they are incredible models, once assembled they stay assembled.

2. Both

3. Mount Rushmore, Section of the Great Wall of China

4. Big Space City/Town. similar to city plan but set in space, three buildings connected with a monorail

Edited by CopMike

1. I buy for the set to collect and try to buy extra for the parts pack

2. I collect the whole series because of the quality of detail and progression with each design.

3. Coliseum would be great

4. Sports Stadiums for minifigures with soccer, tennis or rock concerts in mind

5. More Architectural colors in common bricks, plates, tiles and slopes, Sand Red, Dark Orange, light yellow, made available on PAB or in Bulk Sets.

no

whole

colloseum

I would like to see a train set with the amount of train cars as a REAL train

More scale cars all that are out now are either too big or too small