Rate Arealight's work  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

As I've stumbled upon the great Twi'leks made by Arealight more than once over the past months, I decided to shop some for myself and why not share some pics and a little review now that I've spend all that money :laugh:

First I tried to identify the 9+ different ones I bought, but I quickly dropped the idea and instead I'll provide a link to wookieepedia.com where you can read up on these magnificent humanoids yourself.

tn_gallery_101_23_4390.jpg

(click me)

So let's get down to business and have a look at these friendly females and hopefully we wont be interrupted by Bib Fortuna, who isn't a nice looking Twi'lek at all :laugh:

tn_gallery_101_23_1538.jpg

So let's get down to having a look at the nice females :wub:

First of all let me say that only torsos, heads and head-gears are made by Arealight.

Arms, hands and legs are original LEGO parts and it's damn hard to spot the difference, unless you're up close and a little too personal :wink:

#1 The Yellow Twi'lek

Arealight017.jpgArealight018.jpg

Arealight019.jpg

#2 The Blue Twi'lek

Arealight011.jpgArealight012.jpg

Arealight013.jpg

#3 The Red Twi'lek

Arealight014.jpgArealight015.jpg

Arealight016.jpg

#4 The Green Twi'lek

Arealight023.jpgArealight024.jpg

Arealight025.jpg

#5 The Dark Red Twi'lek

Arealight005.jpgArealight006.jpg

Arealight007.jpg

#6 The White Twi'lek

Arealight002.jpgArealight003.jpg

Arealight004.jpg

#7 The Sand Green Twi'lek

Arealight020.jpgArealight021.jpg

Arealight022.jpg

#8 The Orange Twi'lek

Arealight008.jpgArealight009.jpg

Arealight010.jpg

#9 The Sand Blue Twi'lek

Arealight026.jpgArealight027.jpg

Arealight028.jpg

All of them together:

Arealight029.jpg

#Bonus The Brownish Twi'lek

Arealight001.jpg

Now this is a great little addition to the Twi'lek family. A brown one, I was really thrilled when I opened the bag.

Sadly the brown isn't really the same brown as brown/reddish brown/dark brown and so on.

In the pics I've tried to use a variety of existing LEGO colours to see if any could match the Arealight brown, but alas no.

I'm confident that it'll be fixed though, especially since all the other colours were spot on.

#Extras that I bought:

Arealight032.jpg

Arealight033.jpg

I got so thrilled when I shopped at Arealight, that I ordered a bunch of extras of the headgears in different colours and variations. It even got so out-of-hand that I forgot to buy heads for two of the torsos :thumbdown:

But at least that gives me a reason to come back and shop more :grin:

#Extras that I got:

Arealight034.jpgArealight035.jpg

Arealight036.jpgArealight037.jpg

Arealight038.jpgArealight039.jpg

Arealight040.jpgArealight041.jpg

Arealight042.jpgArealight043.jpg

Arealight044.jpg

Arealight045.jpg

Clone trooper visors and sleek hair can make my day anytime :wub:

So what's not to like about Arealight's customs?

Nothing really.

It's fair prices in my opinion, great quality and superfast shipping and communication.

I'll highly recommend them to anyone who wants a Twi'lek or whatever they have in stock.

med_gallery_101_23_8593.jpg

Nice review Kim. I got 2 of them recently - the only down side for me is finding the arms and legs to match the torsos - particularily difficult with sand green/blue without ripping up other star wars figures :angry: Still totally agree they are amazing and pretty good value to. Thinking bout a purchase of a few more soon - the female clone trooper torso is really neat.

Wow, your pictures really show the high quality that goes into these.

I've seen one here or there on the forum, but not that many. I want some.

OMG ! 'KimT' Just smegging AWESOME ! :grin:

I really like ther YELLOW, BLUE, SAND GREEN and SAND BLUE !

Dam I would like a few of those figures in my SW collection !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

OMG ! 'KimT' Just smegging AWESOME ! :grin:

I really like ther YELLOW, BLUE, SAND GREEN and SAND BLUE !

Dam I would like a few of those figures in my SW collection !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Then just click the link to the Arealight store. :grin:

Nice review Kim. I got 2 of them recently - the only down side for me is finding the arms and legs to match the torsos - particularily difficult with sand green/blue without ripping up other star wars figures :angry: Still totally agree they are amazing and pretty good value to. Thinking bout a purchase of a few more soon - the female clone trooper torso is really neat.

Yeah I'm having issues with finding the right hands as well.

Nothing Bricklink can't fix though.

Wow, your pictures really show the high quality that goes into these.

I've seen one here or there on the forum, but not that many. I want some.

I thought you would :laugh:

Huh. I've seen these before, but not in such detail. I'm not a big fan or the torsos. I mean, the decals are great, but the cut outs bug me.

#1 The Yellow Twi'lek

Arealight017.jpg

I can think of alot of very wrong MOC's that could be built with that fig... shudder

awesomebrick

Huh. I've seen these before, but not in such detail. I'm not a big fan or the torsos. I mean, the decals are great, but the cut outs bug me.

I agree. I know they are trying to capture the look of the female figure more accurately, but still it just looks a little off. That aside the figures are very nicely done. Thanks for the review.

Hi

Thanks for sharing the twe'leks KimT !

P.S. how sturdy are the decals? Just wondering

Thanks

They look like they are very well printed.

I'd say as sturdy as any official printed part.

First I tried to identify the 9+ different ones I bought, but I quickly dropped the idea and instead I'll provide a link to wookieepedia.com where you can read up on these magnificent humanoids yourself.

I'm not sure if you recall but I did a quick review of these in Feb, and I answered that question for 5 of them;

White: Lyn Me, Max Rebo Band dancer in Return of the Jedi Special Edition

Blue: Aayla Secura, Jedi Master

Red: Darth Talon, Sith Apprentice in Star Wars: Legacy comics. (Never read so I don't know any more.)

Orange (supposed to be yellow and red): Ayy Vida, General background nobody in Attack of the Clones that someone seems to like a lot.

Green: Oola, The rancors lunch

The others I don't know! :tongue:

I'm still very happy with mine, and I've been eying of the female-Storm-Trooper top. :wub: As for their brown I think that's an experiment; I had some free parts given as a bonus.

Since you bought so many do you have any plans for these?

Nice review Kim, Arealights custom work is so great. I couldn't be happier with my Oola minifig-

4408928665_7397fa08dc.jpg

The quality really is top notch, id previously bought some of his unpainted resin custom heads and they were good, but the new painted ABS ones really are darn close to official Lego parts.

Now i just wish he'd make some new printed ABS versions of his Ithorian (Hammerhead) head...

3607243025_0a356bea58.jpg

Edited by smokebelch

It sure is a great set of figs you got yourself Kim.

I have been looking at those for some time as well now, but didn´t get around to buy any yet.

But I will... eventually. Especially Oola. Nice to have some Rancor food, or eyecandy to the other

badguys hanging around in Jabbas palace.

@ smokebelch: I love that pic of Jabba and Oola.

Thanks for showing it again!

Since you bought so many do you have any plans for these?

I have a few ideas.

But they're always good a generic aliens in a diorama, aren't they? :wub:

:wub: Woah, what a fantastic review. Those are just perfect.^^

I neither knew that arealight ships to Europe nor that they have such a cool color chart. :sweet:

Eh, those figs are printed right? :oh:

:wub: Woah, what a fantastic review. Those are just perfect.^^

I neither knew that arealight ships to Europe nor that they have such a cool color chart. :sweet:

Eh, those figs are printed right? :oh:

They do ship to Europe - and fast at it :thumbup:

The figs are printed, yes.

But they're always good a generic aliens in a diorama, aren't they? :wub:

Yes! That's why I wanted them. Also, Darth Talon look demonic! :wub:

Some of the colours are new, and I think they ship everywhere; even Australia! :laugh:

These look awesome!

I just ordered some AreaLight stuff today!

And I must say it's because I saw this reveiw!

But I didn't buy any Twe'leks only some of the mullet hairpeices :classic:

I may have to go back and get me some twe'leks soon though, I like their modified torsos :thumbup:

Thanks for the review KimT! It's interesting to see this review as I just received my Aayla Secura parts (Twi'lek head, headgear, and torso) yesterday, and I simply love it! The quality is really good (LEGO-quality) from the ABS plastic, decals, and design. Plus the prices are relatively affordable for custom parts plus, I even got a bonus mullet! Only downside is I had to decapitate the sand blue right arm from my ARC-170 pilot and the brown left arm and legs of Chewbacca (poor Chewie) to complete my Aaayla Secura fig. I was thinking of doing a comparative review of Arealight's Aaayla vs. TLG's Aayla, I'm just about to purchase TLG's Aayla Secura (MFing expensive!).

If you have a spare rebel trooper from the rebel battlepack from 2008 i believe, (the Tantive IV crew ones) The arms match up perfectly for the Aayla/Sand Blue Torso. Also Lego Castle Trolls or Indiana Jones Russian Troopers arms and legs match up for the Oola/Sand Green torso.

The prices are ok, but 15 bucks for just a head, headdress and torso is a bit pricey, IMO. Especially if you don't have spare parts laying around. Yes they're very nicely printed and molded custom pieces, but still.

Can't wait to see how the AL Aayla stacks up to the "Official" TLG Aayla. :)

I really do have to get me an Arealight Aayla Secura, seeing as the official TLG one is a Clone Wars piece o' junk. :sick:

Cool review. I picked up the first 5 when they first launched and love them. I'd have to disagree about the pricing being good though. They're pretty expensive, especially considering you have to find and color match the legs, arms and hands yourself.

I will be picking up the brand new Twi'leks soon though, cause they are indeed awesome.

And since this has been out-paged, it's moving on to the MCW where customs belong.