Sign in to follow this  
Darth Lion

Attack on the Death Star

Heyho,

this is my micro-scale entry for the "Epic scenes" contest (category - small) : The Rebel attack on the Death Star, the final moment of "A new hope".

Who of you guys does not know this epic scene? :wink: Luke Skywalker tries to blow up the Death Star with a torpedo, but there are several enemies in his neck. Did I already mention, that he has to fly through a thin, heavily armed trench? :laugh:

First, why did I built this scene? Because this is my favourite scene of all 6 films. The first big battle in space! Luke Skywalker, a young farmer from a desert planet, decides to join the Rebellion against the powerful and evil Galactic Empire. I watched this battle scene again and again and IT'S JUST EPIC!

The MOC: Building in micro scale is never easy because the proportions have to be right. A HUGE problem was the X-Wing. It just had to be sooo small but I hope you like it eather. :grin:

The pictures:

deathstar4.jpg

deathstar2.jpg

deathstar1.jpg

deathstar5.jpg

small overhang --> SNOT technique (1/2 stud)

deathstar3.jpg

deathstar6.jpg

More, larger pics can be seen in my My brickshelf folder!

Well, I hope you guys like it. :tongue:

Lion

Ps.: I only made this, because KimT said, he would love to see a micro/mini scale space battle. :laugh: No, just kidding.^^

Edited by Darth Lion

Me like a lot!!!!

That's a very nice MOC, I haven't seen many (if any) small (micro?) scale startwars MOC or space battle.

I think you acheived a very decent shape for the x-wing, there are not many other ways I can think of building it!

Pirate

I love how you mixed the old gray and the blueish gray. The tie fighter explosion is also nice. and I also think your X-wing is very good considering the scale. I think it is also very detailed. But cutting the lightsabers to create different size lasers was genuis but I am sad you cut it :cry_sad:

But cutting the lightsabers to create different size lasers was genuis but I am sad you cut it :cry_sad:

Yes, I really tortured myself while doing this. :cry_sad:

I'm glad you guys like my entry.

That's a very nice MOC, I haven't seen many (if any) small (micro?) scale startwars MOC or space battle.

That's right. I thought it's time for somethin' new. :grin:

this is a really well done scene, i love all those crazy little details. only suggestion i would make, if you think about revizing it, would be replacing the black stud you used for tie canopy with a trans-clear one. good luck!

I love what you did. The scale looks so cool.

The tiny x-wing looks really good.

It looks awesome Darth Lion, :thumbup:

This is indeed an epic scene and you've captured it well in this micro-scale moc. :sweet:

the Inventor

:wub: This really is fantastic :thumbup:

I knew someone would dare fight the system minifig scale of a vignette.

Thanks.

Hopefully this will spur the rest of the contestants to do even better :devil:

But then again... there was that really cool vig with Darth Maul...

Good thing I don't have to vote :grin:

Hopefully this will spur the rest of the contestants to do even better :devil:

But ... is this really possible? :tongue:

Hehe, glad you like it - aim achieved. :devil:

Hmm, good job. But why dark gray? The primary color of the death star (trenches included) is light gray, so really that's a big turn-off for me.

I think the answer might be "Greeble, shade and blended surface"

I think the answer might be "Greeble, shade and blended surface"

What he said, plus speed, distance, and light can all make a shade of something look slightly different. So his take on this scene may differ from yours.

This is pretty epic. From the micro TIE and X-wing to the different grey greebles, this is EPIC! :thumbup:

This is pretty epic. From the micro TIE and X-wing to the different grey greebles, this is EPIC! :thumbup:

Thanks. :classic:

Yes, I wanted to add as much greebles as I could, but, sometimes, I had to stop myself. Some parts look really nice, but they don't fit with the scale, you know? I had this problem while building those double laser canons. What part is sooo small, that it fits; in this case ---> a clone kama (you can see it on the last pic). I tried out about 5 possibilities but this was the only good looking one (at least for me).

Edited by Darth Lion

This is great. I love some of the pieces you've included, iconic bits and pieces here and there. Nice job!

This is great I'd say you're in with a change of winning a prize no problemo!

Good luck!

Edited by BrickClick

This is great I'd say you're in with a change of winning a prize no problemo!

Good luck!

Uhh... thanks? :wacko:

Great job Darth Lion! Not much of a micro-/mini-scaled vig fan here but yours really caught my attention and I must say you really did an impressive job. That X-Wing is really cute!

so are we allowed to make a micro one?

You should probably ask this in the discussion forum :wink: .