Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

MOC: Milk Tanker

Another rainy day so another MOC. This time a Milk Tanker with 2 tractor units. Tractor units are built on the dark grey car baseplate. Fuel tanks on both sides. The tank unit has 2 filling lids and 2 outlets beside valve. Hose stored above rear wheels. Rear of tank has high stop light and indicators (to hide those holes!)

milk01.jpg

milk02.jpg

milk03.jpg

milk04.jpg

milk05.jpg

milk07.jpg

Enjoy :classic:

Just realised I have grey wheels on the tank unit. Now changed to white wheels.

Edited by AllanSmith

Another fine model, AllanSmith. You are really enjoing this rain days :laugh:

Do you keep this MOCs for some time, to showcase them, maybe in a city layout, or do you build, photograph, then re-use the parts for other MOCs in a few days (I mainly do the second)?

Another fine model, AllanSmith. You are really enjoing this rain days :laugh:

Do you keep this MOCs for some time, to showcase them, maybe in a city layout, or do you build, photograph, then re-use the parts for other MOCs in a few days (I mainly do the second)?

MOC's are kept forever. I have MOC's that are over 10 years old stored away. They will appear on my layout when I do a show. :classic:

MOC's are kept forever. I have MOC's that are over 10 years old stored away. They will appear on my layout when I do a show. :classic:

When the time comes, please post pics. It must be an impressive collection :thumbup:

AWESOME tanker truck 'Allan' :grin: - great detailing to ity - now you are giving me ideas for a BP tanker (one that doesn't leak !) :devil:

I'm a conformist! 'Allan' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice design - reminds me of the tank truck 3180. :wink:

One thing I don't like though: The cabin of the truck seems to be a bit too high (especially when you can look inside the open back). Or do you refer to a real truck that looks like this?

This is a very nice tanker.

The truck is beautiful, I like the mudguards, although the cabin is taller than the tanker itself.

Overall the shape is beautiful to me, very smooth!

Nice simple, clean design. I would maybe add a touch of another color. I don't really like the big roof piece, especially here because the trailer is lower than the truck.

One thing I don't like though: The cabin of the truck seems to be a bit too high (especially when you can look inside the open back). Or do you refer to a real truck that looks like this?
This is a very nice tanker.

although the cabin is taller than the tanker itself.

I don't really like the big roof piece, especially here because the trailer is lower than the truck.

I noticed this, too, but I did not comment on it because I'm not an expert with trucks :blush:

Anyways, since I'm here, I'll tell you my impression is that the cabin is quite proportionate, while the tank could be higher, expecially the basal blue part.

I noticed this, too, but I did not comment on it because I'm not an expert with trucks :blush:

Anyways, since I'm here, I'll tell you my impression is that the cabin is quite proportionate, while the tank could be higher, expecially the basal blue part.

The high cab roof is meant to be a wind deflector. The tank blue base could be higher but I dont have many blue bricks. I found these pictures to give you the idea of a hollow wind deflector. Note that the tank unit is also lower than the wind deflector. :wink:

iveco002.jpg

iveco003.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith

Its 8 in the morning :wacko: and I have upgraded the tanker in light of all your good comments. I have lowered the cab roof by 1 plate and filled the back in. I have increased the tank ride height by 1 plate. Now only 1 plate difference between cab and tank. Also moved pivot point 1 stud forward and wheels 1 stud back. Removed cupboards and improved outlet pipe location.

Have thought of a use for the other tractor unit. I am going to make a LPG tanker. But will require a Bricklink purchase for parts. :classic:

milk09.jpg

milk10.jpg

milk11.jpg

milk12.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith

That's an awesome MOCset, AllanSmith! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

It looks absolutely realistic and has the official set look!

The only three things which are missing are a driver, a pushcart and a big milk barrel.

Otherwise it would make a perfect Farm set I immediately would buy!

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Nicely done. Maybe some milk or cow decals to indicate it is a milk truck. :classic:

Nicely done. Maybe some milk or cow decals to indicate it is a milk truck. :classic:
Thats on the To Do list :classic:

The new one is way better, maybe because there is more detail, and that the cab isn't that high :thumbup:

MOC V1.0 - I had the same reaction as a lot of the others in terms of the overall fairing height relative to the top of the trailer.

MOC V2.0 - A nice improvement. It certainly addresses the height differential in V1.0. However, I personally liked the way you left the back side of the fairing open in V1.0 because (as your photo shows) the back side of the fairing usually is open (at least on the trucks I see around here - California). Now, if it were me, I would also explore how much of the roof of the cab under the fairing you could tile, so you didn't have the studs exposed from the back side of the fairing. Just thought.

Updated with cow stickers

milk13.jpg

Neat! I really like how you've used those seemingly useless plane pieces in such a way that they seem to be made for your purpose. Excellent work. :thumbup:

That's a lovely looking truck. default_wubnew.gif I simply love the 'blue-trims-in-overall-white' color scheme. And the cow design in your second version pirate_thumbup.gif . Your milk truck is similar in design with the new Oil Tanker set, it's just that yours is much better than the official one.

I like the new one, now it looks a lot like a topline cab. The proportions are good!