Sign in to follow this  
Solitary Dark

Nabo Duel - Maul Vs Kenobi and Jin

naboo_reactor.jpg...rickshelf_3.jpgbrickshelf_1.jpgbrickshelf_2.jpgbrickshelf_5.jpg

I hope to make an entry in all 3 categories. This was my small entry. It all fits on a 16 X 16 base part no 2617 - http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp?it...p;catString=243 - with no overhang. I'll have to take another picture to prove it...

Any comments appreciated

There are a load more photos here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36416029@N06/...57624208116294/

with several different variations on the scene that takes place in this location.

When I first saw Phantom Meance this was the scene I was probably waiting for - Proper Jedi's fighting a villain who was their equal. Unfortunately because I'd already bought the CD the track 'Qui-gon's funeral' gave away the outcome! (it was either that or the death of Qui-Gon)

The reason I made this was my 7 year old - he loved seeing Maul split in half in the Wii game, and now we can recreate that scene.

Thanks

Edited by mookage

Great work, only thing is that your picture is very pixelated (?) and that could result in lesser votes than this deserves.

That is very impressive, Definitely try and get a clearer shot though , it would be a shame to lose votes for the photo quality on such a great entry

Wow, this is very cool, mookage

Interestingly, I wanted to do this scene too, if I would ever enter.

Glad to see I'm not the only one :thumbup:

Great job :sweet:

Regards,

CF W

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I've added a better quality image, still getting the hang of shrinking the images.

this looks great. my suggestions would be Darth Maul's pose, better heads for jedi(you dont have to use flesh heads, yellows would be better). also lightsaber of obiwan could be more visible. good luck

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I've added a better quality image, still getting the hang of shrinking the images.

Much much better - thanks.

:cry_happy: Ahhhhh! one of my favorite starwars scenes!

...though, I hate the fact that Qui-Gon dies! :sceptic:

:thumbup:

eh, you're gonna be a challenge for me to beat!

good job!

No offence, but this definately won't be getting my vote - I hate the scenes were people die. :tongue:

Joking aside, this entry is incredible. The level of detail is lovely, and It's a great scene choice. Good luck with this great model!

Nice. It was sad that Qui-Gon dies, but he does come back as part of the A-team and gets revenge... :laugh:

Beautiful, and great attention to detail- it even has the nob that Obi-wan hangs from. :laugh:

Great entry!

Its a great scene to portray in lego. The detail in the scenery is really cool and its really spot on to the movie. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments.

Now that I know how to deeplink I've added some more/better quality pictures, including the required one of the base.

I'm now working on my 32 X 32 scene, which will be another of my favourite scenes, but I'll come back to this one later.

Please keep the comments coming!

That's a great use of that baseplate.

Nice detail, but you might want to swap the order of your photos around. The pic with Darth Maul sliced in two was in the middle of the display. Chronological flow is better! :) Good luck!

Nicely done, I was just watching this yesterday, so its instantly recognisable and well designed. Bravo and good luck. :classic:

Nice entry you have there mookage! I love the details on that place (engine/power room?).

Just a comment, why is Obi-wan's face smiling? I think that was not the right time for him to smile especially moments before his master is about to die.

This is probalby my favorite of all MOC´s together so far.

Very nice how many features you got in there. Also the "pit" where Maul falls into later on.

Just a comment, why is Obi-wan's face smiling? I think that was not the right time for him to smile especially moments before his master is about to die.

He probably thought of a funny joke :laugh: .

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments.

Now that I know how to deeplink I've added some more/better quality pictures, including the required one of the base.

I'm now working on my 32 X 32 scene, which will be another of my favourite scenes, but I'll come back to this one later.

Please keep the comments coming!

So where's that medium entry?

:grin:

My medium and large entries are well underway!

I've spent most of this week vbuilding pieces for the large and yesterday building the medium.

I'm being forced to be social over the next few days but by the middle of next week they should both be finished....

Thanks for the interest!

Very nice MOC 'mookage' - good job on the pit of Maul's final fall from grace ! :yoda:

Good luck and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet: