This is my newest and most sophisticated offroader to date. It features independent left/right side wheel drive, very flexible 4 link suspension on both axels, lighter body and bigger wheels with more traction and profile. All these factors allow it to climb up a smooth surface at 55 degree angle or over boxes the size of the truck's wheels. This may be my last trial truck, because i dont know how to improve it further :tongue:

p1140900.jpg

p1140901.jpg

p1140902.jpg

p1140904.jpg

p1140905.jpg

p1140906.jpg

p1140907.jpg

Mod please rename the title to AVENGER not avanger

Edited by Superkalle

I already told you this is awesome, and quite likely your best yet. :thumbup:

Question remains, of course; where will you go from here?

Great work, Zblj!!!

I love this one!

Not just works great, it looks great!

That dominant Green is awesome!

But why 2 IR Receivers? For a lights, perhaps?

I love it !

You're very good with no-truck construction, such as buggy or the lynx ;)

2 receivers are for indpendent/left right control. You can set them both to same channel for single channel mode, but you loose ability for L/D control. Wheels are arround 9,5 cm wide, a stud bigger than 8297 ones.

Edited by Zblj

I doubt u joints will be broken, because they are all carry relative low torque, and the gearing comes after them.

I like your use of the green 47349c04 "Wheels 72 x 34, with Lime Tire 72 x 34 Balloon Offset Tread" ( http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?P=47349c04 ). The massive tires measure 3.75" (9.5cm) wide and ~13 studs across! They came with the 8675 Outdoor Challenger set (seen below), but your MOC is much more impressive! Climbing a 55-degree angle slope is no easy feat. :thumbup:

8675-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

I like this! Very nicely done! The green color is awesome!

How do the axles stay centered? Are the links triangulated, or do the shocks keep the axles centered?

I think this is the best off-road vehicle I've seen on here. :grin:

Edited by dhc6twinotter

The axles use 4 link suspension. The links on the upper side go like V and the ones on teh botom go like A. Together they form an X, which keeps axles centered.

I made the model in LDD. There are 12 tooth bewel gears missing (they didnt align for some reason) and some decorative panels and bricks. All the mechanic is there. Remember to use soft springs, so you dont put too much force on the motors.

DOWNLOAD HERE

I don't know how you could improve it, but there are a couple of features that could be added. Be sure that I understand that adding features is not the same thing as improving, though!

Anyhows, why not 4-wheel steering? With the front and rear steering not linked the Avenger could crab as well as turn a normal circle.

At any rate, that thing is very impressive, and seeing at (and some of the other trucks here) gives me some great ideas to get started on my own MOCs. Thanks for posting.

Problem with 4 wheel steering is to make sure, the rear wheels dont force steer themselfes. Also this would add more wight on rear, which is not good. Thanks for the critic!

I like this mean green machine a lot...I told you before... :classic:

It is quite simple in design while taking it all, great suspension, drive line, steering, it is lightweighted, the colors are just great, I love the fusion of Lego and the RC stuff...I think it just amazing!!!

I like this mean green machine a lot...I told you before... :classic:

It is quite simple in design while taking it all, great suspension, drive line, steering, it is lightweighted, the colors are just great, I love the fusion of Lego and the RC stuff...I think it just amazing!!!

Bit offtopic but welcome to this forum Ingmar.. I really love your MOCs!

Dear @Zerobricks,

I have 8675. I bought additional 4 tires of 8675 to build your Fox Vol2 model. But know i saw this model. I am very undermined to build which one )

Which one has better offroad capabilities? 

Thank you for creating this model.

Best Regards

Afols_Anonymous_

1 hour ago, Kerimatay said:

Dear @Zerobricks,

I have 8675. I bought additional 4 tires of 8675 to build your Fox Vol2 model. But know i saw this model. I am very undermined to build which one )

Which one has better offroad capabilities? 

Thank you for creating this model.

Best Regards

Afols_Anonymous_

Hi. Please check the original posting date of the model. The fox 8x8x8 V2 is better in more or less all the ways.

Edited by Zerobricks

On 6/5/2010 at 12:47 PM, Zerobricks said:

This may be my last trial truck, because i dont know how to improve it further :tongue:

16 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

The fox 8x8x8 V2 is better in more or less all the ways.

So you were lying! :snicker:

21 minutes ago, astyanax said:

So you were lying! :snicker:

Guys, it's a ten-year-old topic.
Zero answered the Kerimatay's question. Unless you have something relevant and important to add, let's leave this topic be, and leave the room for newer topics on the first page in the forum.
Thanks.

23 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Hi. Please check the original posting date of the model. The fox 8x8x8 V2 is better in more or less all the ways.

Thank you Dear Friend,

I already know but afraid to build it from ldd file. I hope i can able to do )

BR

Anaonymous_afols_