Skalldyr

Crab-Films International

Hi all,

I have no idea where to post this, so I choose the Others Theme.

My First try for a Brickfilmlogo. I'd like to make a Legomovie and will post some Set-Shots soon.

4669319215_ef6630502e.jpg

How do you like the camera, does it look realistic?

Edited by Skalldyr

I love the shot and the lighting, but text doesn't seem as good to me. Perhaps it is the font, and I would also suggest not cutting off the bottom stars. I think maybe the text is just too bright and clean compared to the shadows produced by the harsh spotlight in the picture. Perhaps a different font coloring would also help.

I hope these comments are helpful. I truly love your little camera build; it took me several look-overs to tell it was even LEGO!

I think it looks great. I'll look forward to seeing your work.

Thank you! :classic:

I love the shot and the lighting, but text doesn't seem as good to me. Perhaps it is the font, and I would also suggest not cutting off the bottom stars. I think maybe the text is just too bright and clean compared to the shadows produced by the harsh spotlight in the picture. Perhaps a different font coloring would also help.

I hope these comments are helpful. I truly love your little camera build; it took me several look-overs to tell it was even LEGO!

Thank you, that is the type of criticism I wanna hear! :thumbup: I'm also not very pleased with the Text, which color do you suggest?

What a great camera design, I didn't even think that was Lego when I first looked at it! :blush: Very nicely built, and the lighting gives it a very classic movie look, just lovely. :wub:

I would agree that the text looks quite bright, perhaps you should try out some darker shades of red? The font is quite nice, perhaps try a few others in that style though just to compare and see what you like best. In terms of the stars, I would suggest not making them quite so stretched; on an aesthetic level I prefer thinner stars. This might also help to bring the bottom one above the edge of the picture so it isn't cut off, too. Again try a few other shades of gold/yellow for these too, perhaps aim for something similar to the gold at the bottom of the red box.

Just fiddle with it until you are happy with how it looks; it is very nice as it is though, good job.

I'm going to move this to the "Brick Flicks & Comics" forum as it is related to Brickfilms if that is alright with you, may get more attention there. :classic:

I label this holy crap impressive.

The camera is off the charts good. The font looks good, and the color doesn't bother me. The cut off stars are the only strange part.

Edited by Zepher

Thank you for your critics. I will see what I can do! :thumbup:

Oh and thanks for moving, Dragonator!

Edited by Skalldyr

So I have an other question:

What do you think, what skin color should I build with...?

Yellow, Flesh, Both together!?!

So I have an other question:

What do you think, what skin color should I build with...?

Yellow, Flesh, Both together!?!

Maybe I'm just a traditionalist, but I prefer LEGO minifigs be yellow. Fleshtones just seem unnatural.

Maybe I'm just a traditionalist, but I prefer LEGO minifigs be yellow. Fleshtones just seem unnatural.

Yes I think I use the yellow ones...also because I only have 30 fleshies! and including at least 5 indianas and 2 Dastans :sadnew:

TADAAA!

my first Set is compleated....

How do you like it and do you think it is usefull or crap....because of tiles! :blush:

4823740267_3c22209906_b.jpg

4823738153_5af8df2a35_b.jpg

4824352670_0417fdf13f_b.jpg

4824355076_9df7701f6c_b.jpg

4824356734_3e9268fca0_b.jpg

Gallery

My word. The lighting really takes the scene from superb to realistic. Really looks fantastic. So many touches that make it look real, such as the letters at the tables, and the coatrack, and the posters. Keep it up!

My word. The lighting really takes the scene from superb to realistic. Really looks fantastic. So many touches that make it look real, such as the letters at the tables, and the coatrack, and the posters. Keep it up!

Thank you very much....but do you think it is possible to animate with that set!?! :look:

I think it would be possible to make a brickfilm with that studio but it could get a little tricky because of all the tiles. It looks great and I can't wait to see your brickfilm.default_thumbup.gif

Now THAT is what I call a set!

Now on to if you'd be able to animate with it...

I have to agree with Captain Genaro, It would be possible, But a real challenge due to all those tiles.

Maybe you should keep you're sets studded in future.

great work anyway, And good luck with you're Brickfilm, I can't wait to see it :classic:

I think it would be possible to make a brickfilm with that studio but it could get a little tricky because of all the tiles. It looks great and I can't wait to see your brickfilm.default_thumbup.gif

Now THAT is what I call a set!

Now on to if you'd be able to animate with it...

I have to agree with Captain Genaro, It would be possible, But a real challenge due to all those tiles.

Maybe you should keep you're sets studded in future.

great work anyway, And good luck with you're Brickfilm, I can't wait to see it :classic:

Thank you both for your nice comments, I will give it a try! :classic:

The only things that will happen are that the bar man and the man will go to answer the phone, so it will hopefully be possible.

Edited by Skalldyr

What a great camera design, I didn't even think that was Lego when I first looked at it!

Wait it's not lego??!!!

The only things that will happen are that the bar man and the man will go to answer the phone, so it will hopefully be possible.

That's probaly not all.

Drunk:No you shut up!

keeper:Sir your talking to a salt dispencer

Drunk:Don't tell pepper!

Keeper:Im gonna have to take your keys now.

Drunk:TAXI!

Keeper:Give me back my hat!

Anyway it looks awesome and it looks like you put a lot of work in to it (Unlike I did with that joke).so all I have to say is good luck and keep it up!

Wait it's not lego??!!!

Belive me: It is. :laugh:

That's probaly not all.

Drunk:No you shut up!

keeper:Sir your talking to a salt dispencer

Drunk:Don't tell pepper!

Keeper:Im gonna have to take your keys now.

Drunk:TAXI!

Keeper:Give me back my hat!

Anyway it looks awesome and it looks like you put a lot of work in to it (Unlike I did with that joke).so all I have to say is good luck and keep it up!

Amazing storyline..... :grin:

That was real fun to read!!!

Amazing storyline..... :grin:

That was real fun to read!!!

And the adventures continues

Keeper:I thought I kicked you out.

Drunk:I came here to see pepper.

Keeper:I need to invest in a gun.

And the adventures continues

Keeper:I thought I kicked you out.

Drunk:I came here to see pepper.

Keeper:I need to invest in a gun.

HAHA :laugh: `````````` Keeper

_________________↓

*huh* <~~~ :cannon::devil:

↑

Drunk

Edited by Skalldyr

Remind me to make a side comic for my new comic series "Adventures of a drunk man and a bar keeper!".Let's just hope that your animation is smooth and funny.

Remind me to make a side comic for my new comic series "Adventures of a drunk man and a bar keeper!".Let's just hope that your animation is smooth and funny.

Please make that comic..... :thumbup: I would love to read it!

Edited by Skalldyr

Hi all,

here we go again.... :classic:

Two other Sets for my Brickfilm.

Gallery (in Black)

The undertakers are carrying the dead body of Sir John to the outside, while the police arrives. The gardener devotedly take his hat off....

But this scene will probably never happen in the film.

4895569044_53e87d69d2_z.jpg

4894976757_94f474297c_z.jpg

A closeup of the villa set, for my Brickfilm.

The miniature villa, for my Brickfilm. Designed for long shots.

4895581144_e237e7be1e_z.jpg

(Micro Car: mijasper)

Edited by Skalldyr

Nice MOC once again my crabby flavored friend.

Cop 1:Okay lets just skip all evidence and say the butler did it

Butler:But we all saw the gardener kill him!

Cop 2: No buts it's always the butler

Butler:For god's sake man he wrote his name in the body!

Cop 1:That proves nothing now get in the car!

Edited by hawkrider

Brilliant sets you've got here Skalldyr! :thumbup: The camera is beautiful as are the bar scene and villa- the micro version is perfect! I eagerly await your Brickfilms. :grin: