Sign in to follow this  
legitimatealex

MOC: Monster 4

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

monster-4-lego-game-919389045.jpg

Ever since I bought Monster 4 I wanted to make it minifigure size. I knew it would be fun to do but I put it off for quite some time until now. For comparison, the actual gameboard is posted above. I hope you all enjoy this. The images can be found here: Legitimatealex's Flickr

4669647132_0450c4ab91.jpg

4669026127_5f4f83367e.jpg

For those of you not familiar with Monster 4, the rules are quite simple. The goal of the game is to get four of your monsters in a row. Skeletons count for both sides. The board is split up into four quadrants, 2 light gray and 2 dark gray, each on the opposite side. An example is this:

D L

L D

There are 6 different possibilities for the dice outcome. Light Gray: Place a figure on a light gray spot. Dark Gray: Place a figure on a dark gray spot. White: Place a skeleton anywhere on the board. Dark Gray/Light Gray: Place a figure on either a dark gray or light gray. Multicolored: Place a minifigure anywhere on the board, even if someone's piece is there. The last one is Black: Place the spider in a quadrant. Every piece is scared off of their spots in that quadrant. The game continues like this until somebody places all four of their monsters in a row.

EDIT: I wasn't quite sure where to post this so I assumed that the 'Other' forum would be the correct choice.

Edited by Rufus

This is awesome! Now we can play with minifigs instead of microfigs :thumbup::tongue:

Nicely done, legitimatealex, this is very well built and true to the feeling of the original board game. I like how you've made all the different graves/monuments unique, it adds a nice touch of variety and interest to the MOC. Now you need a few suitable minfigures so you can the play the game on it! :sweet:

Nicely done, legitimatealex, this is very well built and true to the feeling of the original board game. I like how you've made all the different graves/monuments unique, it adds a nice touch of variety and interest to the MOC. Now you need a few suitable minfigures so you can the play the game on it! :sweet:

If you visit my Flickr you'll find those figs there :classic:

Or, for convenience.

Werewolves:

4669651956_0df7462917.jpg

Goblins:

4669651610_308613fc27.jpg

Very nice 'hyping' of this set, legitimatealex, and one of the best LEGO graveyards I've seen.

You also did a cool job with the minifig factions :thumbup:

Very nice 'hyping' of this set, legitimatealex, and one of the best LEGO graveyards I've seen.

You also did a cool job with the minifig factions :thumbup:

Thank you. The trolls were easy to do since the torsos had been included in other sets but with the werewolves I had to get a little creative. Eventually I plan on doing the devil and the pumpkin, although I'm not sure how exactly either will work out at the moment.