Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

LDD Statistics at Eurobricks

Hi LDD geeks

Just thought you might be interested in some LDD statistics from Eurobricks (up until June 2, 2010).

- Since the start of the LDD sub-forum a few months ago there have been 1003 posts and 67394 views.

- The LU mode activation info has been downloaded 3382 times.

- LDD users have now re-created 84 official Lego sets in LDD.

- There has been four LDD Design Challenges and one (soon) LDD Design Contest

I think that's pretty amazing. Just a few months ago there was nothing, and now this.

Nice post, Superkalle. I agree that this part of the forum has really shot up in interest recently.

Will you be updating this topic, say once a month or so? It might be nice to see how it develops. :classic:

Ever since I started visiting this forum, it has helped my comic considerably. Mainly because of the LU mod (I can definitely say I was one of those downloaders counted) and added readers, but also because of tips and other information gleaned from reading all the topics provided. There has also been at least one instance where using a couple of the previously mentioned official set lxf files has kept me from being horribly late with an update.

I agree with ADHO15, it would be nice to see those stats updated on a regular basis. Is it possible to use an algorithm in BB code so that they just show the latest numbers?

As for ways to expand this section of Eurobricks, I'm thinking of starting a tutorial thread for people who would like to make their LDD images look better than the raw screen captures. It will help with colors that wash out, to make them look more defined... And as for transparent bricks, there is a way to make them look less ghostlike and more like transparent lego bricks.

As for ways to expand this section of Eurobricks, I'm thinking of starting a tutorial thread for people who would like to make their LDD images look better than the raw screen captures. It will help with colors that wash out, to make them look more defined... And as for transparent bricks, there is a way to make them look less ghostlike and more like transparent lego bricks.

sounds like a great service to the community - I'd like to check that out

Great stats, Superkalle, the still new LDD forum is becoming a real success, much thanks to you and the other volunteers involved in this.

That upcoming grand contest won't be bad for this place either :wink: !

Ever since I started visiting this forum, it has helped my comic considerably. Mainly because of the LU mod (I can definitely say I was one of those downloaders counted) and added readers, but also because of tips and other information gleaned from reading all the topics provided. There has also been at least one instance where using a couple of the previously mentioned official set lxf files has kept me from being horribly late with an update.

I agree with ADHO15, it would be nice to see those stats updated on a regular basis. Is it possible to use an algorithm in BB code so that they just show the latest numbers?

You should make an iphone app i bet it would be popular :classic:

As for ways to expand this section of Eurobricks, I'm thinking of starting a tutorial thread for people who would like to make their LDD images look better than the raw screen captures.

Absolutely brilliant idea! This would defintely be a super topic at the forum. How to enhance the model and how to optionally place it on some nice background. I'm sure a lot of people (including me) would like to learn that.

For me this part of the forum was reason to register.

And @Randal, looking forward to see your tutorials.

Jan

OK, it's June 18th.

Last measurement June 2nd was 1003 posts, 67000 views and 84 official sets made in LDD.

A few weeks later and we're up to.....

1371 post and 96700 views and almost 200 Official sets in LDD

Holy Macaroni *huh*

This is some awesome stats for this new corner of EB.

Looking forward to that tutorial as well Randal :thumbup:

Latest stats for the LDD forum:

18th June we had 1371 post, 96.700 views and almost 200 Official sets in LDD

One month later and we're up to

1786 posts,

136.000 views and

over 340 official sets created in LDD.

Add on top the contest with 70 entries, some of which are just amazing.

Thanks everyone for making this a great place for LDD-talk.

Update August 18th

2484 posts

450 Official sets in LDD

Wow. This is insane. In 2 months we've doubled every category.

It's the Universe Mode info - that's why I joined, initially. It's funny, because without EuroBricks, I wouldn't know about Universe Mode. Without Universe Mode I wouldn't have been able to design the MOC I entered in (or even known about, for that matter) the LDD Design Challenge, and without entering the LDD Design Challenge + Real Bricks category, I wouldn't have come in second place!

Edited by vynsane

Wow. This is insane. In 2 months we've doubled every category.

Wow as well

I think this is a good reason to give this LDD forum part a proper place in the forum structure.

Under the special interests for example and not just as a sub-dot hanging under the general discussions and news

It's the Universe Mode info - that's why I joined, initially. It's funny, because without EuroBricks, I wouldn't know about Universe Mode. Without Universe Mode I wouldn't have been able to design the MOC I entered in (or even known about, for that matter) the LDD Design Challenge, and without entering the LDD Design Challenge + Real Bricks category, I wouldn't have come in second place!

All roads lead to Rome... :classic:

Wow as well

I think this is a good reason to give this LDD forum part a proper place in the forum structure.

Under the special interests for example and not just as a sub-dot hanging under the general discussions and news

Yepp, maybe the time has come?

Yepp, maybe the time has come?

Maybe, because all my attention that used to be directed to LEGO General Discussion and News is now all on LEGO Digital Designer and other digital tools. :tongue:

Maybe, because all my attention that used to be directed to LEGO General Discussion and News is now all on LEGO Digital Designer and other digital tools. :tongue:

Ha, ha. I like that you are self-aware, my good Prateek :classic:

Update October 22nd

3474 posts

558 Official sets in LDD

We're alive and kickin' friends :classic:

For reference: August 18th data

2484 posts

450 Official sets in LDD

Update October 22nd

3474 posts

558 Official sets in LDD

We're alive and kickin' friends :classic:

For reference: August 18th data

2484 posts

450 Official sets in LDD

Holy crap! They've *almost* doubled again!

All roads lead to Rome... :classic:

According to Terry Pratchett, all roads lead to Ankh-Morpork... >_>

Update November 19th

4544 posts

694 Official sets in LDD

Good work everyone!

I also noticed today then when you google for LDD and LEGO you get 63.000 hits, and our LDD forum is on the 5th place. The four first hits are the official LDD sites at LEGO.com. Pretty neat, huh :classic:

Totaly cool! Nice work guys! :thumbup: It's nice to see how we're progressing with the Official Sets in LDD, though we have much work to do before we complete it. I'm pretty confident with the dedicated LDD builders, we'll get there sooner or later. :wink: