• Mod official sets
    • MOCs
  2. 2. What SW MOCs do you build?

• Ships/vehicles
    • Vignettes
    • Dioramas
    • UCS
    • Micro
  3. 3. What themes besides SW do you build?

• Licensed
    • Historic
    • Action
    • Pirates
    • Sci-Fi
    • Town
    • Train
    • Technic/Mindstorm/Model
    • Bionicle
    • Other

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Don't know if the subject has been done before, so I'd like to get the ball rolling to find out where all the SW builders are!

I build official sets (when needed), very rarely mod them and build MOCs all the time.

Dioramas (duh!) are my primary builds, ships/vehicles (as needed), UCS (a long time ago), vignettes (rarely) and micro (once).

Done mostly Licensed, historic, Sci-Fi and Town besides SW.

AC

Edited by KimT

Interesting poll! But I think you should remove the last option in the first question and just make it multiple choice too.

I build most of the sets I buy, rarely mod them, and sometimes I make MOCs, usually for contests. I build vehicles and vignettes, and sometimes dioramas, but never UCS or Micro scale. Most of my non-SW mocs are in Licensed, although I have made ventures into all the other themes as well.

I change all kinds of sets from various themes, except Bionicle and Trains. My favourite is SW, obviously, and I love making vignettes and huge dioramas like yourself, but not as awesome. :grin:

Space is my second favourite. :thumbup:

I build a lot the official sets, but most of my mods are of the figs. I don't really do a lot of MOCing except for contests, nut i am making something now that i think a lot of people will like :wink: . My current other favorite themes are SP3 and Kingdoms.

My vote : MOC/UCS/Technic. :classic:

My votes went for Official sets and MOCs (trying), ships/vehicles, (want to expand to vigs), and Licensed and Adventure. Really trying to expand my Lego horizons though, so this will probably change at some point.

I like building the official sets, and some are kept and some are split for parts. I mod some, but mostly I MOC. Town sets are great fun to build and also supply a goodly number of parts. All my MOCs and MODs are SW though.

Interesting results thus far but I believe there's far more than just 30 members in EB that are into SW. Doesn't matter if you don't MOC that much, your vote still count!

AC

I never leave my sets alone. I always find that there's something to fix, large or small. I've simply removed flick-fires, to completely taking apart my gunship just to fix some structural issues from a previous mod. I mod sets because I have trouble finding the inspiration to start from scratch. When I mod, though, there's always something that can be made more accurate.

I haven't made much outside the SW theme (which I stick too very, very loosely), although I do like to make a few humorous vigs outside of the theme.

I always build the sets I buy. I do, sometimes, MOC my models (Like the Indy Convey) but usually I make my own. I build ships and dioramas mostly, and usually take them apart a few days later becuase I find them terrible :tongue: . I also, though, occasionally make Minis. These are mainly to get a picture of a ship I want to put in a book or comic. In the CAA comic I obviously use Minis a lot to make things that would just be too big and take too long to make Minifig-scale. On that note, if I'm not MOCing SW, I'm generally MOCing Indy, or another Licensed theme. In the past I have made a few Action MOCs, such as Dino Attack and a few others.

I always mod all my SW sets. Once I buy a new set, I build it first according to the instructions, then I review it and try to fix the things that don't satisfy me about the set. My new sets don't last a single day without getting modified. LEGO sets always have rooms for improvement, actually, there is a lot. I always strive getting the "right look" of SW vehicles. My RGS, JSFs, X-Wing, ARC-170, AT-TE, AT-RTs, etc. have all been modified to capture the right design of the real vehicles.

All my builds have so far been SW mods, as I'm not much of a MOC expert (starting from scratch) and I'm also not into vignettes/dioramas. Now I'm currently working on other non-SW themes, I just finished my modified/improved Batman's Tumbler and my next one will be Bikini Bottom Neighborhood (talk about diversity of themes! :grin: )

Edited by KielDaMan

I mod sets because I have trouble finding the inspiration to start from scratch.
All my builds have so far been SW mods, as I'm not much of a MOC expert (starting from scratch) and I'm also not into vignettes/dioramas.

Looks like both of you have something in common and believe it or not I was like that when I started. First was to build the set (actually helping out my sons) and then on to building the alternate models if any, then to build something just using the bricks from the set.

AC

I guess you could say I mod my sets - I rip them apart for elements :pir_mad: , and if they're lucky, they might end up as part of a redo of the original set. But mostly I just build MOCs. I like vehicles in micro/mini-scale, but lately I've begun branching out into UCS. Other than SW, I've dabbled in Castle, and was a big City fan when I was younger.

I guess you could say I mod my sets - I rip them apart for elements :pir_mad: , and if they're lucky, they might end up as part of a redo of the original set. But mostly I just build MOCs. I like vehicles in micro/mini-scale, but lately I've begun branching out into UCS. Other than SW, I've dabbled in Castle, and was a big City fan when I was younger.

I do that too for non-SW sets that I bought on clearance which essentially built up my inventory. Castle comes second when building MOCs for me.

AC

I do that too for non-SW sets that I bought on clearance which essentially built up my inventory.

Probably a good idea, but so far I've been able to get by on just SW sets. Most 2008-2010 sets are only worthy of destruction anyways.