When I want to upload the model I made, this pops up:

screen_shot_2010-05-30_at_4.01.20_pm.png

If I click the "Design box and purchase" button, will you be able to design the box, and not order?

Help please?

From the Lego DesignByMe FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) webpage http://designbyme.lego.com/en-us/FAQ/default.aspx , it says:

Following are the steps you need to go through to make your own custom LEGO set:

•Install LEGO Digital Designer 3.1 for free to start your experience.

•Use your imagination and have fun as you build your own dream model. If you wish to share your Masterpiece with our other fans, you are more than welcome to upload it to our Design byME Gallery.

•Design your own unique box, give your set a name, and choose if you wish to get an auto-generated, printed building guide. You may also add your own name to show who is behind the design.

•When you´re all done and satisfied, order your customized, Design byME LEGO set.

SO, it would appear that you could design the box BEFORE you have to order the set. I'm not sure whether you'll be able to SAVE anything, however, unless you pay for it.

From the Lego DesignByMe FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) webpage http://designbyme.lego.com/en-us/FAQ/default.aspx , it says:

Following are the steps you need to go through to make your own custom LEGO set:

•Install LEGO Digital Designer 3.1 for free to start your experience.

•Use your imagination and have fun as you build your own dream model. If you wish to share your Masterpiece with our other fans, you are more than welcome to upload it to our Design byME Gallery.

•Design your own unique box, give your set a name, and choose if you wish to get an auto-generated, printed building guide. You may also add your own name to show who is behind the design.

•When you´re all done and satisfied, order your customized, Design byME LEGO set.

SO, it would appear that you could design the box BEFORE you have to order the set. I'm not sure whether you'll be able to SAVE anything, however, unless you pay for it.

Thanks, Dluders.

You make it seem like you haven't tried ordering a set. :tongue:

You make it seem like you haven't tried ordering a set. :tongue:

No, I haven't ordered a Lego DesignByMe set, but I have bought lots of new sets and used bricks to make the creations I've done in LDD. The problem with my MOCs is that, many times, there are parts used that aren't supported by the Lego DesignByMe parts pallette (especially with the onset of the LDD 3.1 "Lego Universe Mode").