KimT

Epic Scenes Contest Rules & Discussion

You may have a point there.

Still it's allowed, but one must surely consider such things.

That's why I'm doing one of a fairly new book :wink: .

Edited by The Legonater

That may be true, but I think if 2 people do the same scene, it just hurts both makers because people will think: "Well I like yours, but a did better on this detail" ect.

Also, greenskull, what size will you be doing?

OOohh! Someone is worried :tongue: I will be making a 16x16. A medium would add too much extra space for the scene I am doing. Now I am working on my last resort: Luke vs Vader episode 6. And it's looking freak'n awesome so far. I might post WIP pics.

OOohh! Someone is worried :tongue: I will be making a 16x16. A medium would add too much extra space for the scene I am doing. Now I am working on my last resort: Luke vs Vader episode 6. And it's looking freak'n awesome so far. I might post WIP pics.

Post pics when your done like everyone else :grin: .

Thank you for the comment.:classic: I would just consider 2nd or 3rd if you're entering for the 16x16. Muahahah! . Not to brag :grin:, but you will see once I upload.AND I WILL upload pics legonator :laugh:

Edited by greenskull139

can i have joined on the date or must i have joined before?

Huh. That's tricky. I think you need to have joined beforre, but I'll leave it to KimT to decide that.

can i have joined on the date or must i have joined before?

I'm sorry but the rules state before June 1st.

Next time you may join in and have a go at winning.

Is it just me or is almost every entry a small vignette? :tongue:

Yes, it does seem like that. There have been three medium entries and so far only one large entry, but something like fifteen rather excellent small entries. However, in my experience (mainly PTVII over at the Pirates forum), a whole slew of larger entries get submitted right near the deadline, because those with the time an pieces to create large, complicated entries will take the time to make them truly outstanding. I have a feeling voting's going to to be really hard when the end of June comes around...

Hmm, that's too bad it ends so soon. I may be able to fit in an entry before I leave for two weeks, but if not, I'll have a good time looking over all of the epic entries. There are some really great ones so far, so it will be hard to compete.

Amazing prizes, as well. Wow. :oh: I don't remember the last time EB has had a prize worth so much.

Yes, it does seem like that. There have been three medium entries and so far only one large entry, but something like fifteen rather excellent small entries. However, in my experience (mainly PTVII over at the Pirates forum), a whole slew of larger entries get submitted right near the deadline, because those with the time an pieces to create large, complicated entries will take the time to make them truly outstanding. I have a feeling voting's going to to be really hard when the end of June comes around...

100% agreed. I'm expecting a whole heap of stunning MOC's for this Compitition, the best shall be yet to come :classic:

Okay i'm doing a vignettee that is for the large scene. However I have a problem. The way it was designed and the only baseplates I have equal up to 49x49, so it would it be acceptable if I just have it up by one stud? I really hope so since I already built a third of it (I thought it was 49x49 originally)

Okay i'm doing a vignettee that is for the large scene. However I have a problem. The way it was designed and the only baseplates I have equal up to 49x49, so it would it be acceptable if I just have it up by one stud? I really hope so since I already built a third of it (I thought it was 49x49 originally)

Thats a tough question I think it is ok but Kim t will have to tell you.

Are you building a SNOT base?

Pics please.

I looked it over and saw nothing about using LEDs. Are we allowed to?

Thanks,

Masked

As long as their lego Leds I think.

As long as their lego Leds I think.

Know offence, but you don't know what an LED is do you default_tong.gif ?

I just started work on my entry today. It is a 48X48, and for anybody wondering I am doing this.

It will be while they are fighting and will be pretty large.

I looked it over and saw nothing about using LEDs. Are we allowed to?

Thanks,

Masked

Yes.

LED is considered customized products like custom figs and weapons.

So they are allowed.

Know offence, but you don't know what an LED is do you default_tong.gif ?

:hmpf:

Thier are lego LED Lights

Heres a link HERE

Indeed there is.

But a lot of people have invested in customized LED's and they're also allowed.

Glad to see that TLG finally has made a version of their own :thumbup:

Wow, there are many great entries in this contest. I need to sit down and view each entry one by one. Good luck everyone. :thumbup:

So there's really no chance of an extended deadline, not even just 24 hrs? Looking at some of the comments, I don't seem to be the only one who has issues with the current one. :sceptic:

So there's really no chance of an extended deadline, not even just 24 hrs? Looking at some of the comments, I don't seem to be the only one who has issues with the current one. :sceptic:

You're completely right - no extention of the deadline.