Sign in to follow this  
ApophisV

Event 2006 - Group MOC

Hi all,

I know it's not much time left, but nonetheless it is still possible to have a group MOC project!

Concept sketch:

eb_gmoc_overview.jpg

Every participant (hopefully all of you!) is asked to build on a 16x16 baseplate something that is related to YOUR country (most probably in Micro-scale)!

Examples for Micro-scale: LEGO Factory sets at Brickset.com.

The scale itself is not as important, as long as your creation fits on the baseplate everything is fine! This means also if the thing you try to build is small enough to be in Minifig scale and it still fits on the baseplate it's also just fine!

A 16x16 creation should fit in every bag, so even those who are coming by planes should be able to transport one module! And since it is not that large it won't take too much time to build, so everybody still should have the time to throw something together!!!

Here you can see the basic structure of the baseplate you can use:

eb_gmoc_instr_base.jpg

The green bricks can be replaced, but the borders (one row of 1 wide grey plates (no matter if new or old grey) and one row of 1 wide grey tiles above the plates) must be kept! They are the pavements which should look similar at all modules!

Examples for module ideas:

There are several possibilities, including

- monuments

- places

- important buildings

- some random buildings showing the building style of your country

- a typical landscape of your country (that sure is a challenge!)

- other things like a special car, maybe just the red british phone box,...)

... or whatever you can think of!

One quickly done example:

You're country has a famous hospital? Fine, show it to us!!!

eb_gmoc_example.jpg

The black street:

You don't have to care for them, most probably I will create those plates and bring them so that everything can be attached to a huge European diorama!!!

The pavement:

You might have noticed the Minifigs walking there (at the first image in this thread). When the real group MOC is put together the pavements will be the places for our Sigfigs, so - if you own one - bring them to the event so that our Lego-selves all can walk around our Group MOC!!!! ;-)

More details:

Probably I will create a background for this scene that will be put behind the back row of modules. What and How will be decided after I got the number of modules you will bring.

Will you bring something?

Hopefully yes, the more MOCs we will have the better the overall layout will look!

So please think about it and tell us if you want to bring a module!

If there are any further questions don't hesitate to ask them!

post-14-1142614526_thumb.jpg

post-14-1142614537_thumb.jpg

post-14-1142614551_thumb.jpg

The green bricks can be replaced, but the borders (one row of 1 wide grey plates (no matter if new or old grey) and one row of 1 wide grey tiles above the plates) must be kept! They are the pavements which should look similar at all modules!

Could be difficult if your collection is light on grey tiles.

I think I only have enough tiles in black or maybe blue at a push....

Well, a trip to the PaB once we are in Windsor should help!

Nice ideas here Apo! This should look great once fully constructed. If anyone is unable to finish anything in time we can always build something once we have been to the park and bought a few bricks!

Jon.

Yes nice idea

But im afrid it will take away time, that we dont have much of anyway.

Time goes by fast, and we must spend time as good as we can :)

Do you mean take away time during the event? As we are setting it up in one of the rooms at the B&B it will be after going to the park in the evening, when we might only be talking/drinking whatever. It would be nice to have just a little something that we have all worked on.

Jon.

Okay, since you don't seem to be too interested in this project (at least I guess so since nobody except jof and TT replied) I would like to hear who wants to participate!

If we have less than 6 modules the project will be cancelled!

Please tell me within this week if you participate!

Well, I will make a module before the event. I may also build one once we are there. If people can't find the time now they can always do something one evening in Windsor?

Jon.

well, to be honest, i'm not really waiting for a multi-moc like this; i appreciate apo's work for this, but some communication before hand would have easily showed that most members are not eager to get involved in this... and let's be honest, it wasn't a tremendous success last year either before it was entirely cancelled for other reasons. At that point i was concerned about not having a multi-moc, because what else would we be talking about or do, but in the end, it turned out that we had plenty of other things to do and say, so nobody even mentioned the multi moc or lack of it...

i think that will happen this time as well. there are so many people coming to the event and we all have so many transactions to do that we'll have our hands full even without staring at mocs...