BlueBard

From Flesh to Yellow

Probably there's already a topic about this question around this forum but I did not found it so I've decided to start a new one :wink:

The question is simple: ¿Anbody knows what's the name of these kind of "markers"?

100_2720.jpg

100_2697.jpg

Source: the deathstickman's BS gallery

Thanks in advance! :sweet:

You know, I don't think I ever saw a topic on this before, but I could be wrong.

The question is simple: ¿Anbody knows what's the name of these kind of "markers"?

the answer to your question is in the name of the BS folder itself: Yellow-sharpie (link to the Super Sharpie permanent markers page) :laugh:

LuxorV

Looks great. If it's not a fake. /

I wonder if there is a way to turn yellow into flesh. That would really be great. Anyway, looking forward to replies.....

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Either it was some other forum, or I swear, there was a topic on this.

It's ok though, it's a couple months old.

And yes, this does work, pretty well too, once you've practiced it a couple times.

And the markers are called Sharpies. I still can't believe that they don't have them in Europe.

That is impressive, and I didn't think yellow sharpies were that close to Lego yellow. I'd Like to yellow-ify some of my flesh lego heads.

But it looks less lego! :tongue:

Yeah, but more realistic. For Space I don't care as much because I mix them to show two different species, but for city their are better faces in Flesh.

Anyone know whether this stuff works with plain bricks? Might be good for Signs and recolouring houses!

Yellow Sharpies on light flesh yields a result that is just barely darker than LEGO yellow.

4652843528_bac84365e8_m.jpg

Sharpie Indy on the left. Comparison on right. Noticeable yes, but not to the level of distraction. Hands are difficult, as the sharpies are a little too blunt to color the inside.

The page says there's no yellow super permanent marker.

only black blue green and red

Yay! :thumbup:

I've collected up all of my fleshie heads and I was about to trade them off because I don't use them. I might just have to use this, though- fleshie certainly does have some neat faces.

You're right, even if that's strange: the original link to that page was a yellow marker pic :wacko:

Anyway, you probably can use the ones on this page then; they just have a fine point instead of a larger one.

@ vexorian - I never used one of these, but I do not think the effect is reversible. I may be wrong, though, so if anybody else has a better knowledge, please share it here. Thanks :classic:

LuxorV

Hmmmm......

Fleshies have grown on me a lot, so I don't think I'll do this to mine.

And yes, this does work, pretty well too, once you've practiced it a couple times.

And the markers are called Sharpies. I still can't believe that they don't have them in Europe.

Here in Ireland you can just buy them in Tesco, although I think perhaps they indeed weren't really available a decade or so ago (then again, neither was McDonalds in my own city until the early 90s).

Well, not necessarily that brand, but there certainly are tons of other type of markers and coloring pens available here. Wouldn't any other brand work?

Not that I'd personally want to recolor any of my precious headpieces, I love them all no matter what color they are! :wub:

Sharpies, they're usefull for everything aren't they?

This may sound dumb, but does it matter if the Sharpie touches- sya- eyes? Or mouths?

Use the standard "Fine Point Perminent Marker." I have no experience with the SUPER PERMINENT marker, but the way the orgional ink sticks to most things, I rue the thought of SUPER PERMINENT!

Is the effect reversible?

It is for a while, with the use of 70% isporopyl alcohol (widely available as "rubbing alcohol" in the US). This is especially helpful if you make an error in application, at which time the isopropyl with take the ink right off, completely and easily. I've even had luck when I've repented the morning after a mod. The longer the ink stays on and the greater the contrast between the ink and the ABS, the harder it is to remove. My sons found this out the hard way after modding some Clone helmets (white ABS), then changing their minds a week later.

In my experience, the isopropyl does not discolor nor soften the ABS, and has had no noticible effect on the native printing.

Anyway, you probably can use the ones on this page then; they just have a fine point instead of a larger one.

I also found them on the French Sharpie site Sharpie Fr.

I have used the "Ultra Fine Point Permanent Markers" on non LEGO applications. I think the ink is identical to the standard Sharpie.

This may sound dumb, but does it matter if the Sharpie touches- sya- eyes? Or mouths?

They are non-toxic, but I've never tried eating one! :tongue:

They color right over the printing on elements without affecting it.

Interesting! Finally, a solution to the lack of yellow female heads. :thumbup:

I just wish you could remove it once you were done. For example, if I wanted to keep a MOC together, and had colored Lego heads. Well thanks for the warning, no_skill.

:look: Cool! So many possibilities now...oh yea, you can change the flesh muscle body to yellow now! :classic:

They color right over the printing on elements without affecting it.

Outstaning! I will definatly use this tactic...

It's so interesting to see peoples opinions on yellow and flesh heads.

This is a great way to save heads if your a yellow fan but for all of us on the dark side, I suggest selling your flesh heads or trading them for yellow to keep the flesh heads alive.