Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

The plane from Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

That's one MOC I always wanted to build and finally did. It's the Ranger Plane from my childhood's favourite cartoon series called "Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers". It's minifig scale, that is if you consider mice and chipmunks to be the size of minifigs.

00.jpg

It was built in the pilot episode by Gadget Hackwrench, using a white plastic bottle and a red baloon, and used for a good part of the series.

02.jpg

I remember that even as a kid, I built two such planes, both using an empty toothpaste tube and a baloon made of paper. They were rather poor quality but of course that didn't bother me at the time, the important thing was I had a Rescue Rangers plane to play with. I built the second one some time after crashing the first one. And now, 15 years later or so, I decided to build a Lego one, as a tribute of sorts to the classic Disney cartoon series.

05.jpg

View the whole gallery HERE, including a picture of the original cartoon plane, just for comparison purposes.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Nice work 'Dreamweb' - it does look a little like the original for that still image you have on BS.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

OMG !!!

I remember this so vividely!! As a kid, I remember getting up with my sister and watching cartoons on Saturday mornings, I used to love that show!!!

That being said, the MOC is awesome!!! I remember seing someone here also had made the yellow flying boat ... I'll try and find a link!!!

Pirate

Heh, great job! I loved this show as a kid, so much so that I named my dog Gadget.

You've done a great job here! It looks a lot like the original.

Great job, Dreamweb! I too absolutely loved that show (and still do)! The Ranger Plane was awesome, even more so than the Sea Duck! While not perfect, your MOC is pretty spot-on! Some of the proportions seem off, and the suction cups could be done better IMHO, but those are just minor things.

Hope to see more MOCs from those classic Disney cartoons!

Thanks for all your comments!

I still have all the episodes of the series and watch some of them from time to time. It's funny how you can find new things in them, things I couldn't understand when I was a lot younger, like all the allusions, jokes etc.

On the other hand, Lego has a Disney license. I'd be so happy if they one day released an official Rescue Rangers line, or other classic series for that matter. That would probably require making a new Rescue Rangers movie (for example), so that the sets would be part of promotion. We never know, this may happen one day! :classic:

Found it on Brickshelf

Wow! That's the best Sea Duck I've seen so far! :oh:

Cool! Now, we need Chip and Dale minifigs :tongue: .

Indeed! I bet master customizers like The Penguin could modify the Sandy Cheeks head to make some pretty decent Chip & Dale figs! :sweet:

Disney MOCs ON! :thumbup: