Sign in to follow this  
de-marco

MOC: Small Sailboat

Nice boat! Although the jib does seem to be quite large (like a genua jib almost ;)) I like the details. The boat is sailing with the wind in the back so a large jib could be used on this course.

Great sailboat. As well as a huge LEGO collection I also have a small sail boat. The design is called a Firebug. 2400mm long by 1200mm wide or 8 feet by 4 feet for USA members :tongue: I think I will have to build a MOC of it now.

g52.jpg

great little dingy especially the cleats and the open stern , love the little splashes of water.

This is splendid 'de-marco'. I really like the tranquil design that you've captured here. While the creation doesn't seem to have a lot of pieces, you've demonstrated how using the right pieces effectively can produce a fantastic MOC. It seems like a simple design, but it is probably far from it. The sail and rigging really came out well; as well as the front of the boat.

I think this little MOC deserves to be front-paged! :thumbup: Great job!

SWEET little boat 'de-marco' - nice smooth design, great rigging and sails too :sweet:!

Very realistic and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Lovely design. I like the SNOT technique used.

Well Done :thumbup:

...2400mm long by 1200mm wide or 8 feet by 4 feet for USA members :tongue:

It seems strange that you would measure something large using mm. Why not say 2.4m by 1.2m?

Edited by gotoAndLego

Wow! That is very tiny, but it is still jam packed with different techniques! :thumbup:

Brilliant! Have you considered building a marina and a few more of these? Although I must agree with the Brickster hate, the feeling of tranquility is really overwhelming and very nicely captured, so crowding it might change that a bit. But judging by your MOCcing prowess, I don't think you'd make a wrong choice whatever you do :thumbup:

A really nice simple design de-marco! :sweet:

The sail, looks excellent. The pics really do the model justice aswell. :thumbup:

Nice job!

CommanderFox

That is a very nice sailboat you created.

So small but still with great details. Just love all the SNOT and smoothness in the hull of the boat.