25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Indexed

I searched around a bit in the forums but couldn't find a review of the summer 2010 City impulse, so without further ado I present to you the aptly named Farmer!

Set Number: 7566

Name: Farmer

Theme: City

Year of Release: 2010

Pieces: 16

Minifigs: ~1.5

Price: $3.49 USD ($4.49 at TRU however :hmpf_bad: )

Part 1: The Box

Let's start out with a few pics of the box...

7566-1.jpg

7566-2.jpg

7566-3.jpg

Nothing too exciting here, just your standard pets cohabiting in the outskirts of town, eating green apples and tomatoes (that's what I'm interpreting them as at least :tongue: ).

Part Two: The Goods

The contents of the sealed bag, unfortunately not numbered...

7566-4.jpg

And a random page of the instruction manual...

7566-5.jpg

Part Three: The Build

After many strenuous hours of building...

7566-7.jpg

And of course the extra pieces...

7566-8.jpg

Part Four: The Conclusion

I'm not gonna lie, I got this set for one reason: the pig(let?). It's definitely the cheapest way to pick up some soon-to-be-bacon, and the Farmer is a fairly detailed minifig with back printing and a cheesy smile. One thing to add here is that the cap is of the new mold (are they all nowadays?). It's my first of the new mold, and while I like that it's slightly bent and doesn't cover the eyes when worn in reverse, my particular hat was a bit loose on the farmer's head (wiggles back and forth). Not sure if this problem is one that all of the new caps encounter or if it's just mine, but it is slightly annoying not for it to fit snug on the the head. :sceptic: Other than that the feeding trough is merely extra pieces for me, and I've collected enough dogs over the years to open a kennel that I feel the dog isn't worth mentioning much.

Since this is an impulse, I'll just give it an overall score of 4/5 corn cobs. Without the pig this would have scored much lower, but I'm a sucker for these little guys and plan on picking up a few more in the future (most likely Bricklink though, not sure what I would do with an army of farmers).

NOTE: This is my first review, so any helpful criticism and tips would be appreciated, thanks!

:classic:

Cute review! Loving the piggies! :wub:

From the shine and lustre of the piggies and the fact they are included as regular parts, I suspect these aren't made where all the other softer, specially bagged pieces are, which is good news :sweet:

If only they would lose the dog and give us another piggie! That would have been brilliant, TLG! :tongue: As it is, there's a pig coming in one of the Advents and also in the Burrows set for Harry Potter so I will add to my porcine ranks then.

I do like that the red/ tan stand is consistent with the large Farm colour scheme.

I love some of these impulse sets and will get this. Good job on the review, love how nice and clear your photos are! Really easy on the eyes and I hope you do more reviews!

Here piggy, piggy ! :laugh:

Thanks 'posades' for this review - yes, it's all about the pig's !

Cute feed trough and enough food for piggy eh ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I noticed the problem with cap too! One of the greatest Imulses! But Instead of dog I would preffer another pig or some more bricks...

Even as an avid CITY line fan, I haven't gotten into the Farm sets much. I guess they don't appeal to me as much as some of the other options. But I might just pick this up the next time I head over to the LEGO store. (It is an Impulse set after all).

As a side note, has any one noticed the differences in facial expressions (i.e. the "cheesy smile) with the pictures on the box?

Great review and I cant wait until this hits .AU so I can get one.

This and the Kingdoms impulse sets (so I can then be "impulse set complete" again)

This is another case where you're buying the set more for the accessories than for the fig alone. BUT I will say I'm particularly interested in the hat-- that black cap can be swapped out with the blue one worn by the driver of the orange tow truck-- then he essentially looks alot more like the crew of the helicopter transport set. That always bugged me that he had the same torso but just didn't feel like he fit in with the rest.

:wub: I am definitely getting a few of this set as I have no dogs,pigs,or farmers yet :sad: . Other than the figs/animals it's just your average impulse city set. I'd probably give it a rating of 7/10 :thumbup:

Thanks for the review posades! At last I can stop eying off the Brick forge piggies! I still can't quite believe that they are allowing pigs to be bought as part of an impulse set, it seems absurdly generous to me... Ah, this is good, this is good.

This is the best impulse set for me personally. I have only one dog and no pigs in my collection. I'm planning on picking up eight of these :classic:

Thank you for the review of this cute set. I love the pig, and like others I wish there were two and no dog. Still, it is the first impulse set I've bought in a while.

BTW, Lego raised the price of these sets to US $4, although TRU as you mentioned feels the need to raise it even higher. :thumbdown:

This is quite amazing as an impulse set. I'll look forward to picking up a set or three. Pigs!

One of the better impulse sets and definitely on my to-buy-list.

And I agree with you, without the piglet, it would have gotten a "below average".

Thanks for the review!

Great review - I love these smaller impulse sets. A different coloured dog would have been nice though.

Thanks for the nice review posades!

Great impulse if you ask me, given the fact that we get two animals along with the minifig.

Who am I kidding? Pork is the word! :thumbup: I totally agree with Walrus Keeper. It's fantastic that TLG offers a pig as a part of an impulse taking into consideration that it's a fresh new piece. :sweet: It's one of the best animals TLG has ever created, with very nice details. One more great thing is that this impulse looks colourful to the max, something that is (or at least was -- Farm subtheme has brought this back on surface :thumbup: ) a town trademark.

Thanks again!

It didn't come with a carrot!!! The description said it did look

It’s feeding time down on the farm!

A farmer’s work is never done, but this farmer loves to feed and water his pig, and his dog loves to go with him! Includes farmer minifigure, pig, dog, carrot and feeding station.

Includes 1 farmer minifigure

Features pig, dog, carrot and feeding station

Help the farmer feed and water the little piggy!

If you don't believe me look: Look Here

Great review. Almost picked this set up today at my local TRU, kinda glad I didn't.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I appreciate it! :classic:

Slight update to the pig; while I was looking at it more closely today, I noticed this slight abnormality:

pig.jpg

Can anyone with a pig confirm that this is standard on all of them? It looks like the plastic doesn't quite match up on his front leg, though that may be cut out so as not to impede on the stud next to it. It's hard to tell when it's resting on a plate if that particular "chip" would in fact overlap with the stud.

Great review :thumbup:

I have not seen this in stores, when does it become available for USA? :oh3:

The main reason is the cheapest way to get a pig. :grin:

However I could do without the army of farmers and dogs :laugh: