Sign in to follow this  
legorevolution

Hoth (It's a)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I built this 30x30 dio for the 'Empire Strikes Back' contest over at the CABG. The challenge was to portray a scene on Hoth with at least 1 Snowtrooper and 1 Rebel. I met those guidelines, but decided to take a more humorous approach. Enjoy!

Near one of the side entrance points of Echo Base on Hoth, some Rebel scouts make their way through the trenches. Thinking they have caught the sith lord Darth Vader, they call in to open the side entrance. Fatal mistake.

4636687000_4470c3d862_o.jpg

4636684974_d16dac5be6_o.jpg

Wait for it...

4636075997_5f02eafd14_o.jpg

"Sir look Darth Vader!"

"He's surrendering!"

"Call this in. Tell them to open the side entrance to the base, and say we've got a prisoner!"

4636071143_e0fc2379d5_o.jpg

Due to deep snow, battles fought on Hoth during the Clone Wars resulted in many casualties and MIA troopers..

4636073761_a84fc3c80b_o.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, beneath the frozen surface of Hoth, there are natural hot springs that make perfect places of rest and spas. It is a popular destination for criminals wanted by the Space Police.

4636682620_cc6ac76a77_o.jpg

Ice crystals, though not as high in mineral count as rocks, are still a nutritious part of a rock monster's diet.

I have more pictures available for viewing in my photostream here.

Cheers

Edited by KimT

Very funny ! :laugh:

You can't trust Vader now can you ? :devil:

AWESOME MOC 'legorevolution' !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Interesting crossover with other themes. Nice idea.

There's a clear thingy next to the buried clone trooper, what is it?

Ackbar iz teh best! w00t! :tongue:

Great creation. This is up there in my favourite MOCs on Eurobricks!

I love the idea, and how you managed to fit in all the little easter eggs! :sweet: Keep this up!

If this isn't frontpaged, I'll take it as a personal insult. :sadnew:

There's a clear thingy next to the buried clone trooper, what is it?

That is a rare transparent fish piece that originally came from the Ninja line I believe. It was meant to look like ice.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

This is great. I think the part that really gets me is the fact that Ackbar's there :thumbup: !

I like it. The side greebles on the base of the diorama are a cool detail, and I like how the floor has both metal and snow. The little details like the MIA troops and criminal hideout are a funny addition. Good job and good luck in the contest.

Nothing like a good old fashioned Hoth themed MOC at the end of the day. Funny backstory though not really original. I love the greebled base it really adds charm :classic: . Overall 7/10 :thumbup:

"It's a trap!"

Maybe they'll heed Ackbar's warning this time.

About the creation itself, I just love it. The humor, the details, all the little hidden things...

Great work, can't wait to see more creations from you!

putting akbar there so that he can conveniently say his favorite line on cue was my favorite part.

Awesome idea, nice execution and very wicked sweet presentation. I also like the fact that you added some remaints of the Old Repbulic army as well. It's also interesting to think that they were fooled by such an obivious trap.

That is a rare transparent fish piece that originally came from the Ninja line I believe. It was meant to look like ice.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

Ah, I see. I thought it might have been a fish piece, but I wasn't sure.

That is a nice MOC yo made. Very smooth and sleak SNOT design. It is just how I thnk a Hoth scene should look like.

Very funny with the Vader-snowman as well. Nice with all the small fun things hidden in the layers of the snow.

Good luck in the competition!

I was under the impression the first fish piece was released alst eyar, with the Pirates line :look: .