FreeBee

LAYOUT: My Lego Room

traintech1.jpg

I wanted to show the process of my little legoroom.

All the rails are still on the floor but tables are on the way.

I just put it down so i could what see what would be a nice layout.

imgp5536.jpg_thumb.jpg

Pictures taken from some other angles:

imgp5529.jpg_thumb.jpgimgp5533.jpg_thumb.jpg

imgp5538.jpg_thumb.jpgimgp5539.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is the to-be-sort-out side:

imgp5534.jpg_thumb.jpgimgp5535.jpg_thumb.jpgimgp5532.jpg_thumb.jpg

On these shelves i will place my classic space:

imgp5530.jpg_thumb.jpgimgp5531.jpg_thumb.jpgimgp5537.jpg_thumb.jpg

And a bonus:

Picture take while modifying rails in the backyard.

Just a little cutting , filing and soldering.

imgp5528.jpg_thumb.jpg

Interesting Layout, lot's of rail to travel.

Keep us updated please.

Is there enough clearance (at the switches when two trains meet) and slopes not too steep (curves)?

I'm curious to know the setup of the tables, how to organize them so that there is room between them to reach things.

Mark

When you have a room like that, you suddenly realise how much space tracks can take up. My LEGO room has 12 square metres and the railway stuff takes up nearly everthing of that space.

Yes, it takes quite a lot of space for railtracks and your room is a perfecti example for that!

I think the bridge is quite interesting... is it stable enough?

Not all your tracks are connected yet and I'd like to see trains on them in action. :tongue:

You managed put a huge amount of track into a small space. A very good design, I might have to remember this layout for a later date. :thumbup: Any chance you could send me the BlueBrick layout, or even a screen shot of the BB layout? Thanks!

Edited by missouri_bb63

traintech1.jpg

I wanted to show the process of my little legoroom.

All the rails are still on the floor but tables are on the way.

I just put it down so i could what see what would be a nice layout.

Your going to have huge problems with that track layout if you keep it as it is. The tracks are way too close together, especially on the corners. Overhang from rolling stock and engines through curves, will result in collisions, more so if your running them in opposite directions.

If your planning on having this a long-term layout, I would seriously suggest you redesign it to avoid these problems.

Interesting Layout, lot's of rail to travel.Keep us updated please.Is there enough clearance (at the switches when two trains meet) and slopes not too steep (curves)?
Updates will come. And the clearance is present , but I cant drive'8-wide trains.
These set ups make me yearn for when I'm not in a cramped apartment.
'Sorry, :blush:
I'm curious to know the setup of the tables, how to organize them so that there is room between them to reach things.Mark

Here's my future table set up. I will use a lot of small plates to keep it flexible for expansions or movings!

tables.jpg_thumb.jpg

When you have a room like that, you suddenly realise how much space tracks can take up. My LEGO room has 12 square metres and the railway stuff takes up nearly everthing of that space.

Yep, you are right. I had a lot of planning and thinking before i came up with this layout.

Yes, it takes quite a lot of space for railtracks and your room is a perfecti example for that! I think the bridge is quite interesting... is it stable enough?Not all your tracks are connected yet and I'd like to see trains on them in action. :tongue:

The bridge ain't finished yet and will take a long time , but for now it will do i think. I will make a video with driving trains as soon as possible.

You managed put a huge amount of track into a small space. A very good design, I might have to remember this layout for a later date. :thumbup: Any chance you could send me the BlueBrick layout, or even a screen shot of the BB layout? Thanks!

You can have both : :classic:

layout.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click here for the BBM-file.

I would like to NXTize your layout ;-)

I bet you would like that, i will probably devide it into blocks for easier riding.

The tracks are way too close together, especially on the corners. Overhang from rolling stock and engines through curves, will result in collisions, more so if your running them in opposite directions.

I know so i will only drive small or max 6 wide-trains on it. Because of the relative small layout i will prefer only 2-axle wagons and loco's.

Your going to have huge problems with that track layout if you keep it as it is. The tracks are way too close together, especially on the corners. Overhang from rolling stock and engines through curves, will result in collisions, more so if your running them in opposite directions.

If your planning on having this a long-term layout, I would seriously suggest you redesign it to avoid these problems.

If the tracks are lined up right next to each other (since the sleepers stick out 1 stud, that means 2 studs of space between the rails)

then you do get collisions, but if you keep 1 more stud of room between the tracks, then all of the standard 6-wide lego trains work OK

(I've used this with many standard lego trains, no guarantees for MOC's of course!).

Note though that with trains that have handle bars sticking out, when they pass each other in a curve we're talking about one mm

of clearance. It does look kind of scary especially when moving in opposite directions.

That 1 stud of empty space between the tracks is not enough for the Emerald night, which is wider than 6 studs, which means

that I don't let it run over my train bridge in order to prevent collisions with other trains (it doesn't collide on the bridge itself, but

on the curve that comes after it. But the width of my bridge does not allow me to put more than 1 stud between the tracks there).

You can my layout for our local train show here: www.math.fsu.edu/~hoeij/t

Mark