eric87

MOC: Red Emerald Night

wow, I got all the parts for the red emerald night (with black wheels) on bricklink for a little over $20. All parts in new condition of course. I'll be able to make a ruby night and emerald night side by side shot. Hey, what striping tape did you use? Just something skinny with a gold color to it? Did you cut off the strips first, or did you apply then trim? Also, how did you get the red colored stickers on the side? I also plan on making a custom sticker that says "Ruby Night" instead of "Emerald Night".

The best part: The dark green pieces sell on bricklink for more than what it costs to buy the red pieces. Next month i may buy a third emerald night, and make it all black with red trim and wheels.

i got the pin stripes from an auto part store or it might have been an auto paint store. they were left over from a car that was being restored. i found that the pin stripes were actually to wide . so i just cut little stripes out of the color piece that was in the pack. i used a hobby knife and a straight rule on top of a cutting board. i put my red slopes on a long plate one at a time and applied my stickers. the name of the stripes are prostripe R320106 Bright Gold MT