Sign in to follow this  
funkybrick

Extra parts of 7676 Republic Attack Gunship

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi,

I've just assembled the RGS and it's incredible!

I've got a question concerning the "extra" or "spare" or "left-over" parts, though. I have got one 2x4 light bluish grey plate left over after building. Is this an extra part? It's strange because it's rather big to be one...

Also, I've got (amongst others) 2 brown and 2 lime cheese slopes left over. They are definitely extra parts, aren't they?

Thanks,

funkybrick

I'm pretty sure that it's an extra. It would be weird to find a 6x8 plate, but a smaller one like a 2x4 is normal, but uncommon. :classic:

If you follow the link below you can see the 'standard' extra parts for your set (scroll down for the extras) :

Inventory for 7676

A 2 x 4 plate isn't part of the 'standard' loadout of extra parts. It's not impossible that one might have crept in accidentally, but I reckon it's more likely that you just missed the building step where it was used.

Dr. D.

Just an extra part accidnetly in there. I myself got an extra bag of Cody's weapons and armor and the things that go into the drw things at the side.

Cheese slopes are extras though, and you can use those green ones perfectly to improve the front.

And yes, it is an amazing set.

It turned out that I forgot to add the 2x4. So no rather big extra part there! :tongue:

And Zzz, it's funny, I put the lime cheese slopes on the front straight after the build. But I took 'em off again :grin:

I've just finished building my RGS (and yeah i also think its great :P) and I have even bigger part left; 2x6 brick!

I don't know but it looks pretty ok, do you think it worths re-building to find out if its and extra?

I've just finished building my RGS (and yeah i also think its great :P) and I have even bigger part left; 2x6 brick!

I don't know but it looks pretty ok, do you think it worths re-building to find out if its and extra?

Hate to admit it, but yes- I think that's part of the frame, and will support it over time from stress. If I remember correctly, its either part of the very top part of the frame, or the nose. Either way, I'd rebuild it just in case there are some pieces missing.

Oh thanks a lot for info! Hmm, then I guess I'll just rebuild it sometime since its not a minor part.

When I built the death star I had a 1x2 dark grey brick left over but was missing the same piece in light grey - read through the manual 4 times to find it and even rebuilt the top third, to this day I have no idea where I must have gone wrong...

You don't need to rebuild the whole gunship!!!

You just put off the top section and then it's easy - insert it where it belongs... at least that's how I added my 'forgotten' part. I did it in 3 minutes. Nothing to worry about, mate! ;)

You don't need to rebuild the whole gunship!!!

You just put off the top section and then it's easy - insert it where it belongs... at least that's how I added my 'forgotten' part. I did it in 3 minutes. Nothing to worry about, mate! ;)

I did exactly as you said and yeah! I found the place of missing part!

thanks a lot mate!

Just an extra part accidnetly in there. I myself got an extra bag of Cody's weapons and armor and the things that go into the drw things at the side.

Yep, same here.

Of course, IMO, every LEGO CW set should just end up in the 'To Be Sorted' Pile. :devil:

Yep, same here.

Of course, IMO, every LEGO CW set should just end up in the 'To Be Sorted' Pile. :devil:

Everyone gets the extra bag of clone armor.

Everyone gets the extra bag of clone armor.

I got two bags of ARC armor and two extra Assaj Ventress lightsaber hilts. :grin: