Means the part in color you wanted were never released by LEGO. You need to go back to LDD and find the part and change the color to one that exists. Take for example, the 6x5 leaf element were released in 6 colors but if you used LDD in Extended mode you could have the same leaf in 50 different colors. It won't make LEGO release them in all those colors, you're still limited to what LEGO actually released.

Hey complete LDD noob here!

Hi and welcome to EB!

Kudos for starting out with a clear clarifiation of you LDD knowledge :thumbup::laugh:

However, please, in the future, write with normal sized letters :wink:

Hi Superkalle, thank you for the great software! :classic:

I am having one small trouble with the LDD manager,

I try to "Generate XML code and upload to bricklink"

And it says "LDD Manager was unable to export the data."

Any help appreciated,

Kieran

Hi Superkalle, thank you for the great software! :classic:

I am having one small trouble with the LDD manager,

I try to "Generate XML code and upload to bricklink"

And it says "LDD Manager was unable to export the data."

Any help appreciated,

Kieran

Hi

Hm, I've never heard about that problem before. Can you explain more in detail when the problem occurs.

Okay, I will do a step by step:

1. I open the "Import and review model, parts and colours."

2. I open LDD manager in Microsoft Access

3. I import LDD file with all the parts I want on my wanted list.

4. I close the "Import and review model, parts and colours."

5. I open "Generate XML code and upload to bricklink."

6. I select a the model I imported in the drop-box, and enter the bricklink wanted list number I want to use

7. I click "continue" and it says "LDD Manager was unable to export the data."

I'm using windows 8.1 on a surface pro 2.

I will attatch an LDD file with the parts I want on a wanted list, if somebody could generate a wanted list with LDD manager I'd be grateful!

How do I attatch a file..?

Kieran

You can't attach a file to a post anymore, so you need to upload to a file sharing site and paste the link here.

May I ask to email you a LDD file and you could make a Bricklink wanted list XML file using LDD manager, then email that to me? :grin:

Hi i have a small problem when i try to import a lxf file in LDDManager 1.25

First i get this error msg.

brickset_1392.png

Followed by

error.png

Result my lxf file isn't imported into LDDManager, any help appreciated.

Patrick.

Sure, I can help you. I'll PM you my mail adress

Thank you :thumbup: Email en route

Hi Superkalle,

would it be possible to add a feature to export to a Brickstock file (.bsx) ?

When I build 76023 The Tumbler. I tried an improve method for save time to find a need brick using LDD manager.

Create five custom UserPalettes for five instruction booklets to complete the model. This method will make UserPalettes become smaller and smaller so I can find a need brick faster and faster.

First use bricklink and LDD manager to generate all 76023's parts as UserPalettes #1. After finish book #1 then save file. Pick all run out parts (shown remain Q'ty = [0]) from brick Palette and place them together -> select them -> Ctel+X to cut. Then open the lxf of UserPalettes #1 -> Ctrl+V to paste the run-out parts. Use same color and shape selection tool to delete all run out part from UserPalettes #1 (one by one)-> save as UserPalettes #2 -> use UserPalettes #2 to continue the built. Repeat steps until complete the model.

It would be great if LDD add an function (check box) to hide the run out bricks automatically in UserPalette. Just like to build an official set in real world. when a kind of brick ran out. We should not see them on the table anymore.

Another improve idea: Every time placing the last brick of any kind, Just place one more of it aside the model. Then no need to pick them out one by one for subtract from UserPalettes in the future. And they will clearly shown [-1] in red color in the brick palette.

Edited by bbqqq

Tonight gone to open a couple of .lxf files in LDD and get the following messages:

Error Handler: 55- File Already Open ??

Then it save action complete but nothing is importing?

Not had this issue before. I closed it and tried again on various files but still no luck in getting it to work. Funny thing is it has been working fine for months? Any tips on how to find a fix please.

I'm guessing ether LDD, LDD Manager or Explorer (file system) is locking the file. Restart your computer and try again and see if that solves it.

I tried that and no luck when I try opening a file i get following message:

-21474678259 - You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'tLDDDesignID

Then says operation complete :-(

Hi, nice job with the LDD Manager!

I've encountered some problems tho.

I have Windows 8.1 x64 - Office 2013 x64 - LDD - LDD Manager - MS Access 2010 Runtime x32.

Whenever I try to open Access 2010, I get this error message in Dutch:

106kltj.jpg

which briefly means that the database cannot be found. Does this message occur due to a conflict between two different Access versions? I'd rather not uninstall my Office 2013 (with Access included) tho :/

Is it that hard to make LDD Manager and Bricklink work with Access 2013 x64. Soon, it will be the new standard program...

Thanks for your reply!

Kind regards

R.

Hi

As you've discovered, the core problem is because Microsoft has made the 32 and 64 bit version of their own program (Access) incompatible. The recommendation from Microsoft is to always run Office 32, unless you are using Excel or Access-database larger then 4Gb. I understand this isn't what you want to hear, but uninstalling Office 64 and installing 32 is actually the best and most sound way, even for those of us (including me) that like to run the latest and fastest. Read more here about other benefits with this.

Now, you wrote you actually had installed 32-bit runtime of Access, but it still tries to open the database in 64-bit. I guess a solution to that would be right-click on the .mde-file and then chose "select program to open with...:". And then chose the runtime-version instead of the Office 64 one. Another way would be to edit the StartLDDManager.vbs script so that it it forcefully opens LDDManager with the 32-bit runtime version. However, I haven't looked into that yet.

thanks for your fast reply

about your first solution proposition: where to find that .mde-file?

about your second solution proposition: I tried it before and it gives me the message: "unknown database type ..."

ciao!!

I have a question for Superkalle!!

can I make a Report from the access file^????

this would be a really useful thing!!!! :)

Hi ruccolo

No, the Access-file is protected, so I'm afraid you can't make a report.

What kind of report where you thinking though? Maybe I can make it?

@bricksan: I just noticed/saw your post now. Sorry I missed it before. I'm afraid I don't have any good answer to your question. The general tip I suppose is to remove the current version of LDDManger, download a new fresh copy, and put in a folder you know you have full access to (read/write).

Hi ruccolo

No, the Access-file is protected, so I'm afraid you can't make a report.

What kind of report where you thinking though? Maybe I can make it?

yess i see that is protected... in the nex version you can make a report of the pieces list for the model, so i can stamp it :).... thast is a agood idea?