Cooper

MOC: Smaller Yellow Tractor Trailer

AWESOME 'Cooper' really AWESOME ! :grin:

Sweet design - I really like this truck indeed !

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'Cooper' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I owned the old original versione, and I really like your update. Good job!

KOOL!!!

The update is awesome, great way to enhance a classic!!!!

I love the boxes; simple, efficient and great looking!!!!

Plus the original minifig = :thumbup:

I'm a conformist!!

Pirate

Why oh why did they not make the doors the same height as the panels, so annoying having to bridge the doors with a 1 x 6 brick :-(

Beautiful facelift!

Really looks modern and fresh.

Driver, on the other hand, doesn't want to disband his retro look!

Great work, I really like this truck!

I love it! Good work and nice photo. :classic:

I agree, a great model and photo. What are your photo secrets? My photos need improving.

Driver, on the other hand, doesn't want to disband his retro look!

Maybe Lego didn't have enough money to get their drivers new uniforms after updating their fleet :laugh:

Nice rendition of the delivery truck. :thumbup:

The scale and proportion of this truck has certainly met the classic town spirit. :sweet:

bloggedct.png

IMHO much better design than the new LEGO truck set that was released this year. The new official set is like squashed tomato and very disproportionate. Yours is quite accurate.

Why oh why did they not make the doors the same height as the panels, so annoying having to bridge the doors with a 1 x 6 brick :-(

If you look at some trailers, you'll see that some doors don't actually go the full height of the trailer.

BTW, nice mod! Shame Lego didn't follow your example...

Nice rendition of the delivery truck. :thumbup:

The scale and proportion of this truck has certainly met the classic town spirit. :sweet:

Thanks. I loved that classic yellow truck as a kid (still do). It has been on my list to build 6-wide ever since the photos of the new Semi showed up.

IMHO much better design than the new LEGO truck set that was released this year. The new official set is like squashed tomato and very disproportionate. Yours is quite accurate.

I'm actually a bit surprised LEGO didn't do try to pull on it's heritage a little more with the new truck.

I agree, a great model and photo. What are your photo secrets? My photos need improving.

My set-up is extremely simple. A white background, a tripod, and shooting without flash. I'm shooting indoors, without any special lighting. The real key for me is to watch for weird reflections. Then use photoshop to do a couple quick clean-up touches (remove any seams in the white background for instance). Also, FWIW I'm using a D-SLR and usually shoot LEGO with aperture priority between F/8 and F/22.

Fantastic creation! That LEGO design on the side fits really well.

This is absolutly gorgeous. I remember hours of fun with the original classic town set, and this is a rightfull remake of such a fun set. I find the 2010 release much to massive, and this is just perfect. It brings the set into a more realistic '6 wide' exisetence, but does not dwarf passing buildings...

To be honest I had ignored the new set, it just seemed to big. But now i can see myself buying it, and taking much inspiration from this to relive some happy childhood memories.