On a scale of 1 to 5  

205 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

Hmmm... the white printing is really disappointing. Maybe I'll wait a couple of months to pick this set up.

That's a nice castle you have presented us there in a quite detailed way, thanks! :thumbup:

And so fast, just after release! :cry_happy:

I love the pearl dark grey as well! I've already fallen in love with it when I saw the new cannons in the 2009 pirates line.

I think the set itself is okish to good, but the accesoires and new bricks are truely outstanding! I hope to see them on Bricklink soon. :tongue:

Brought to you by popular demand. The photos are now in medium flickr settings. :thumbup:

I kept them small originally because not all sites allow for 500 wide photos on the forums. Luckily it was easier to change than I thought. Thanks for all of the comments and I hope you all enjoy the new sets!

Brought to you by popular demand. The photos are now in medium flickr settings. :thumbup:

I kept them small originally because not all sites allow for 500 wide photos on the forums. Luckily it was easier to change than I thought. Thanks for all of the comments and I hope you all enjoy the new sets!

Thanks for putting in the effort, it really makes the review that much more enjoyable.

Great pictures BTW.

On a side note, the site doesn't start resizing until you go bigger than 640x480 :wink:

Thanks for the review. Nice set, I really like the red tower and the new minifigures.

Hopefully they will be available near me soon. :classic:

Great review. Thank you for the pictures, I've been waiting for them.

It's a great set and I'll buy it for sure.

Now I'll wait for the review and pics of set 7947. I think they will follow soon.

Fenrir

Thank you very much for the lovely review!

I definitely look forward to picking up all the sets in the Kingdoms line, and this castle is one of my favorites of the bunch. I don't mind that the castle is more compact than King's Castle Siege as it gives the impression of offering more substance and better defensive capabilities.

My biggest complaint is the lack of details on the interior. The new Harry Potter Hogwarts is packed full of interesting details and accessories, where as this Kingdom's offering is quite bare. I'll definitely be modifying the interior by adding the contents of the castle advent calendar.

I love the included minifigures as well, though it's a shame that the white printing is so thin that it appears light pink.

Overall, King's Castle seems like a step in the right direction, though for the next outing I'd like something less retro looking (As in this being very reminiscent of early Lego castles. My preference would be to see a unique design not seen before) and with more details/accessories and functions/traps.

Thanks for the review.

My only concern is that the white printing on the barding and soldiers' torsos looks very thin and pinkish.

You know, my redcoats from the pirate sets, the white looks a bit pink. However it all depends on the angle you look at them. That may be the case with the new kingdom sets? Probably

You know, my redcoats from the pirate sets, the white looks a bit pink. However it all depends on the angle you look at them. That may be the case with the new kingdom sets? Probably

The minifigs and barding from my sets had the pinkish white. The shields and flags didn't though.

The minifigs and barding from my sets had the pinkish white. The shields and flags didn't though.

Due to White printing on Red plastic??

Good call Fenrir. Yes it is due to the white printing on red plastic. The red showing through a little. It doesn't matter what angle you look at them it is still pinkish. Both of the styles of horse barding suffers from the same problem as well. The shields also appear to have thin paint, but since they are on a light bley piece it doesn't bleed through. The flag piece is white so only the red is painted on.

As was mentioned earlier the jester does not have this problem at all. The print job on him looks great!

I don't think the new figs look bad. In fact I think they look really good. The sad part is that they could have looked fantastic.

Edited by DaleDVM

A lovely new Castle. I'll be picking this one up for sure.

I really like how the design of this one harkens back to the more classic castle designs.

A bit thumbs up from me! :thumbup:

I can't stop coming back to this thread, this castle is just so lovely! I'm already selling my non-castle themed sets so i can afford all this new glory! And i still don't even have all of last year's sets, how am i gonna do it? Anyone willing to join me for a bank robbery :laugh:

Just finished building this set. Absolutely amazing. The thing I like the most, and this may sound dumb, but its sturdy! (unlike Castle Siege) This castle ranks as one of my favs, right up there with 6086 Black Knight’s Castle!

Thanks for the review. :classic:

Can't wait to pick this one up. I like how the set is reminiscent of the classic castle designs yet feels modern at the same time. I just hope Lego takes advantage of the modular design and releases some expansions like the Armor Shop and Guarded Inn from the 80s.

Thanks for the review, I can't wait for the kingdoms sets, They look great!

I'm Lovin It! :wub:

This is a nice castle. It will the first time in a while that i buy a set mainly for the bricks, they are a really good selection. As opposed, the figs ar a meh for such a big set. The dragon knights are nice but I really dont need another king. He could have been a separate set with his horse and a paige instead. In the last line i ended up with as many crowns as visored helmets :sceptic:

When did we have a major castle without BURPs last time? That octagonal plate will be a great base for small castle displays :classic:

Huuummm... Although I felt in love with the overall design/look & fell, I don't know whether I'll buy this set. There are a few elements that bother me:

- the drawbridge looks weird due to the lifting arms that are outside the gatehouse, which doesn't make sense;

- the tall tower looks too big and unbalanced compared with the walls; I would see it as tall but "thinner";

- the front of the tall tower is very nice, but there are no side walls; these are totally open!

Maybe this castle is a beauty in reality, but the photos haven't convinced me yet. This is a pity because this castle has been the first realistic piece since the 80's!

Well, towers in older castles haven't been any less open than in this one. The lifting arms make sens in the way that..well, they lift the drawbridge up :tongue: Btw. the king's castle siege also had these arms already. I myself think the tower is perfect, but i could imagine someone doesn't like it's design though. For me it still looks good.

Hmm, interesting. It has a sort of classic feel to it, and it isn't as flashy/fantasy-based as others, so it's a bit of a departure from castle sets we've seen recently.

Wooo! Now this is a set I can get into. Absolutely amazing. I love it! Cheers for the brilliant review, DaleDVM!

I'm in love with this new Castle line. :wub:

~Peace