GRogall

LEGO 8684 Minifigures Series 2 (Official Pictures)

:wub:

All minifigs look excellent! Really, they look more beautiful than those from the first series in my opinion and I'm having a hard time to choose which one is my favorite.

The Greek hoplite has a special place in my heart though! :wub: A Greek minifig!! Ouzo for everyone! :sweet:

The Mexican looks great too and the colours look fantastic! I even like the California Highway Patrol policeman (looks like one at least). Great new sunglasses head, much better from the previous one.

Great job TLG! I mean it!

P.S #1

I can already see an Academy Awards based MOC in the near future. :wink:

P.S #2

Pam was really hot back in the early nineties. (Off topic, I know....Blame TLG for the reminder. :grin: )

P.S #1

I can already see an Academy Awards based MOC in the near future. :wink:

That was exactly what I thought when I first saw it!

This series looks amazing. I hope they get over to Aussie shores sometime soon.

These new figures look every bit as nice as what I've sampled from the first series. And just like I'm planning with the first series, I'll cheat and just purchase an entire box of these, too.

Is that a new PoP whip in white for the lion tamer? Awesome!

This is the second series! the Ninja is part of the first series. :knight:

4427895338_293fe768b2_o.jpg

No, I was talking about the Actor. I say he's an Actor with an award, and I'm not changing my mind about it. :hmpf_bad:

I don't know? Kind of like the Mime printed arms, Three expressions and all

I've been thinking about that... Why would Lego use three different heads with only one each? I'm hoping they'll be double-sided for a total of 6-5 faces. :wub:

Edited by indianajones

I've been thinking about that... Why would Lego use three different heads with only one each? I'm hoping they'll be double-sided for a total of 6-5 faces. :wub:

I hope they don't do that. However, if they did, the heads would be good for Smilers (Doctor Who).

I think the shield on the Spartan (whatever people say to contradict calling him a Spartan, I'm still calling it that) could be a lot better (I wished it was rectangular).

Edited by Delta 38

Alas the beret wouldn't manage to hide the backward facing print, so it can't work here. It would have been nice though!

I like them all except for the Britney/Myley/Pop Star one. I can't think of a bunch of uses for the cop, but you find a blue uniform, I suppose you could make a T-1000 out of it . "Have you seen this boy?"

I'm probably going to have to choose between these and at least one SW set....I guess I can live without the CTT since it's basically a poopy design of frame on wheels, lacking a decent interior.

3 words.

Screw.

The.

First.

20 times better than the first, in my opinion. Just awesome!

Wow thanks for these pictures. What excited me so much about these Minifigure series is that they open Lego up to so many new themes and sets. If they are willing to do an ancient Roman figure who's to say they won't be doing a whole theme soon?

Yummy!

I'd ditch the Witch, highway police officer (or potential security guard, with a quick switcheroo of the helmet to a black peaked hat) and adventurer.

loving the sporty figs. 70's DJ. Minifig trophy. The mexican; technically it's accurate as part of the Western theme with Cowboy and Indian.

I think finding just two or three a bit iffy is pretty good. It says to me Lego put together an assortment with broad appeal. Although my wallet wishes it were the other way round and I only liked two or three....

I could see myself wanting four mimes. a troupe of mime. shove them in my city square with the clown and the two jesters from the castle theme. and the magician.

the DJ and the Karaoke girl go together, bar entertainment. with a different head the ringmaster could become a hotel concierge. I'll want two Judo guys to set up a fight.

Pharoah looks fantastic that'll look great in the Egypt room of my city museum. The skier has a number on his chest which is annoying as it would be quite cool to have three or four skiers. Still, the ski hat is cool.

You don't suppose the barbell that the weightlifter is holding is a new kind of wheel. say, maybe for small wheels under the City tram? like the skateboard wheels but bigger, snap into place design.

First page updated with High Res pictures!

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Ja, I'm good! :pir-tongue:

Thanks!

Finally, I can make out what that thing Disco Stu is holding is. "Brick Fever." Excellent! Still can't make out what the Patrolman is holding, though.

The Bodyguard's swimsuit has the innitials "G.T." on it, what does that mean?

I also like how the Weightlifter's head is basically the same as Series 1's Ninja, but with a different expression. Useful for swapping.

Edited by Dunjohn

Excellent! Still can't make out what the Patrolman is holding, though.

Handcuffs!

Handcuffs!

Think he means in the other hand !

Looks to me like a speeding ticket or something.

Did anyone noticed how the skier is looking right to Pamela (lifeguard) in this photo? ;D

He definitely does :tongue:

The ski poles look good, I'm sure they'll be quite useful for MOCing too.

Very cool second wave! Standouts to me are the Spartan and the Egyptian Pharoah(love that snake staff). The the poncho and hat on the Mexican plus the extra heads on the Mime and the trophy for the Karate Dude are nice accessories. Looking to pick up the Spartan, Egyptian, Vampire, Witch, Archeologist Man and maybe the Karate Dude...that little trophy is neato!!!

Edited by LegoDad42

Nice high-res pics! Can't see why so many people are hating on the explorer, when he's got silver binoculars. And the new face and torso prints aren't bad, either!

The blackbelt is awesome, of course, and that trophy is phenomenal. The hoplite's torso and shield (as well as the diva's hair) seem to be medium nougat (the new PoP color). It works well there.

The two brilliant new swimsuit designs are phenomenal. The surfer's hair in brick yellow (tan) is nice, too, although the lifeguard shares her hairpiece with the cheerleader from series one. The surfboard, skiing accessories, and lifeguard's floatation device all seem to be good.

Really none of these figs are that shabby. The vampire's blingin', the pharaoh is awesome (first living pharaoh fig ever!), the mime's entertaining... I'm certainly going to want several of these.

the lifeguard shares her hairpiece with the cheerleader from series one.

It seems to be a different colour, though, the cheerleader's was blonde and this seems to be basic yellow.

It seems to be a different colour, though, the cheerleader's was blonde and this seems to be basic yellow.

Indeed - minifig yellow hair!

And who'd blame the ski-er for eyeing up the female lifegaurd? He's probably wanting to join her in a warmer climate!

Edited by Matt Dawson

Thanks for the pictures :classic:

Does anyone know when the second series hit the shops ? Especially the British ones ?? :blush:

Well official release date is for September, although official release date for series 1 is June! so you can figure it out ? *huh*

Edited by grogall