Sign in to follow this  
Jurgen Krooshoop

Ode to 8466: Truck Trial version

First of all: Big thanks fo Sariel & everybody who helped making the instructions for the Jeep Wrangler (which can be downloaded here) !! It made it possible to easily make my own Trial-Truck:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

As I wanted a break from my main project (which is a new supercar) I decided to build the chassis of Sariel's Jeep Wrangler. It performed so well that I decided to make a complete car. The looks of the iconic 8466 was chosen (I finally found a use for those weird green panels).

afb165.jpg

After one day of building, the chassis was ready & tested, it took another day to make the global looks of the car and a couple of evenings were spent making the final details.

afb075.jpg

Constructionwise it is very different from the original 8466, it's also a bit smaller, about 80% of the original. The doors of the 8466 are one of its coolest features, so those had to be recreated. They unfortunately don't have the damped shock-absorbers for 2 reasons: there was no space & the doors might open out of themselves when doing offroad-driving.

afb071.jpg

A small truck-trial circuit was created in my own backyard to do some offroad-driving and filming, which was a lot of fun !! I'm very impressed with the performance of this chassis.

afb070.jpg

Only minor changes were made to the chassis: I made some protection for the rear knob-wheels, preventing anything (like plants or grass) to come between them. I noticed that the rear shock-absorbers were a bit loose so I locked them. And the chassis was reinforced a bit.

afb164.jpg

You can find my Brickshelf-folder here.

afb166.jpg

If you have any questions about this or other models of mine, you can also mail to: jurgenstechniccorner@hotmail.com

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

I like its looks and off-road capabilities! Your video music is well done too. The "Ode to 8466" vehicle almost got high-centered at the top of the rock slab, but it got out of the jam with few problems. Your old sports shoes came in handy! :laugh::thumbup::thumbup: