This is a very realistic MOC, especially the bridge and the link between bridge and vehicle.

xinsrc_48211022408484452703719.jpg

The topic is also funny and challenging.

I hope it will appear in the list of Technic Challenge in May so that I can vote for it.

ms09 Sorry to inform you, but you cant vote for adult submissions. Though if i could i would also vote for Mahjqa!

I'm looking at the pictures on flickr, and have some questions

1) Did you really used 16 (!!!) those rubber flexible axle connectors ?

2) Looking at the video, it seems that first one of the LA on the bridge fully extends, before second one starts working. How did you achieved this ?

3) Any chance you could post a parts list ?

That is just... mindblowing. I have have tried a bit MOCing with technic in the past so I have a distinct idea how magnificent the mechanism you have created here is! :wub:

ms09 Sorry to inform you, but you cant vote for adult submissions. Though if i could i would also vote for Mahjqa!

That's bad news. Anyway, it belongs to best master piece in May, and I think many followers will be inspired by the gifted design.

i don't think so it looks like the are some LAs in the superstructure of the bridge to hinge it in and out and these are driven by a disconnectable linkage at each end of the bridge which the tank slots into to transfer the drive so all the motors and batteries stay inside the body of the tank

very very cool

You are completely correct.

Great work! ... It's amazing how much you could accomplish with that little motor. It really hung in there with the bridge being deployed!

I eventually replaced with an XL motor. Improved deploying speed a lot.

I'm looking at the pictures on flickr, and have some questions

1) Did you really used 16 (!!!) those rubber flexible axle connectors ?

2) Looking at the video, it seems that first one of the LA on the bridge fully extends, before second one starts working. How did you achieved this ?

3) Any chance you could post a parts list ?

1) I did. They are used to give the plastic tracks some grip. So, as such, they are not an essential part of the bridge itself.

2) the two LAs work simultaneously.

3) I'm still working on it. So the design hasn't settled in a final form yet.

Erm I'm a little late in replying, but this is so cool in all aspects. I really, really want one, I can't believe you made this in two days, it's just fantastic :thumbup:

Just saw this today, an excellent piece of engineering Mahjqa! :sweet: That video was amazing, very well produced and it shows of the mechanics very well. The colour scheme is very appealing, and the functionality is very impressive. It's amazing what can be done with Lego technic, makes me want to go buy some of the new motors and start experimenting! Last time I did anything with the robotics system was with the old RCX units.

Hello Mahjqa,

I really fell in love with your awesome creation.

I will try to rebuild the bridge based on the pictures and the video. How did you fix the bottom side of the LAs?. Could you please make a picture from bird’s eye view of the Bridge?

Another picture without the black plates from the tank would be very interesting too, to see how the mechanism for driving and lifting works.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I think this mentioning deserves it:

OObjects 12 Mobile Bridge Launchers

Mahjqa's MOC was featured on this list as the only model amoung the other real-life military bridge launchers.

Mods, if you consider the bump not ok, feel free to remove the post our spin it of into another thread.

I voted for this a long time ago. It's a legendary MOC, also one that deserves to be in the HoF.

I voted for this a long time ago. It's a legendary MOC, also one that deserves to be in the HoF.

Can't agree more, even nowdays it is still one of the most innovative MOCs.