• FireFox 2.9 or less
    • Internet Explorer 6
    • Internet Explorer 7
    • Internet Explorer 8
    • Safari or Google Chrome
    • Opera (any version)
    • Netscape Navigator (any version)

pirate_lego_polls.png

BIIIIIIIIG changes are coming to this forum in the not too distant future so its time to determine which browser and screen resolution the majority have.

Please vote in the poll above and leave comments in this thread.

If your browser or screen resolution isn't listed in the poll please post what you have.

I look forward to seeing these changes Phes! :pir-classic:

Although I'm not sure why you'd want to optimize for certain browsers and resolutions though - why not just do something that works globally? :pir-sceptic:

I'm on a 1280x800 resolution laptop, and use Safari/Chrome + Opera. I can't vote for just the browser, though, so I'm just posting it all.

Although I'm not sure why you'd want to optimize for certain browsers and resolutions though - why not just do something that works globally? :pir-sceptic:

It's not that easy. Even sites like EB that are designed to re-scale have to be designed to accommodate for the smallest common screens, which we've set as 1024x768.

I'm running Opera on 1680x1050 + 1280x1024 + 1280x1024. :pir-grin:

I hope the changes go well, you never can tell with computers, its like they have a mind of their own. My resoulution is 1366 x 768 and I use Internet Explorer 7.

Good luck!

:jollyroger:

Edited by Capt. Stabbin

I don't browse this section of the forum much, but I thought that I'd help with your efforts. My screen resolution is 1440 x 900, and I use Safari all the time (best internet browser IMO). :pir-classic:

(Please note that I haven't voted in the poll)

Because its very difficult to make a website display consistently amongst every browser and resolution - unless the website is very basic. An Invasion Powerboard is far from a basic website.

This poll is to determine which browsers and screen resolutions NOT to optimise for.

Say somebody is using an Internet 6 with a resolution of 800 x 600. Unless hundreds of people have these specifications there is little point spending the time it would take many the forum display properly.

Hmmm.... Interesting. I can't wait to see what changes happen. Anyhoosit, I run on 1280x960 or 1024x768 with either Firefox 3.0 or Internet 8 or Google Chrome.

Edited by prateek

PC #1- 1920x1080

PC #2- 1920x1200 + 1280x1024

Latest version of Firefox

I have the same as ricecracker with a screen resolution of 1280X800.

I use safari too.

Safari on my Mac, Chrome on my PC at work. In all honesty, to those of you on IE or Firefox: you should give Chrome (Windows or Mac) or Safari (Mac) a try, they're very speedy.

Resolution is 1440x900 at work, 1680x1050 at home, and 1024x768 on my iPad. :grin: Here's hoping the new design is a bit more iPad friendly! :tongue:

While my laptop has a resolution of 1024 x 768, my desktop is 1920 x 1200.

As for the browser, I use an up-to-date Firefox (v3.6.3).

Let me give some details about browser versions used on Eurobricks:

browers-1.jpg

browers-2.jpg

browers-3.jpg

browers-4.jpg

browers-5.jpg

I'm one of those Firefox 3.6.3s and running at a native 1920x1080. I previously ran 1280x1024. I can't imagine anything lower these days.

I voted 1280x960, but in fact my resolution is 1280x800 on my laptop (what I mainly use for browsing).

I know that it is impossible to make a website work in every resolution in every browser, but I'm saying that I think it would be worth the extra time to build an Invision theme that loads (almost) globally.

However now that I understand that you're looking for the ones not to optimize for, I think this poll is a very good idea. I look forward to seeing the new theme!

Let me give some details about browser versions used on Eurobricks:

This is great information!

I know that it is impossible to make a website work in every resolution in every browser, but I'm saying that I think it would be worth the extra time to build an Invision theme that loads (almost) globally.

Well duh, that's what every Web Designer should do using standards compliant code!

The theme will be designed to work globally, but certain browsers, usually the older versions require extra fine tuning to render their pages consistently as they don't always comply with contemporary standards.

1680x1050 - Opera 10.5 - Best utility browser in my opinion. But also the best for glitchs...Sometimes I need Mozilla to open some Eurobricks pages or others. :pir_laugh2:

Laptop: 1024x768 currently at Firefox 3.5.9 due to having serious issues with running Ubuntu 10.04 on it so it's still at 9.10

Workstation at home: 1920x1200, Firefox 3.5.9 or Firefox 3.6.3 depending on what OS I'm in at the time

Workstation at work: 4096x1152 (soon to be 3456x2048), Firefox 3.6.something.

As for Chrome or Safari being faster.. maybe. But to actually use the browser as a work tool nothing beats Firefox with the Firebug plugin, makes debugging a lot less painful.

I use 1900 x 1200 and Google Chrome.

Unfortunately none of these was specified exactly in the poll, so i voted 1900 x 1080 and Safari & Chrome

I'm on a 1280x800 resolution laptop, and use Safari/Chrome + Opera. I can't vote for just the browser, though, so I'm just posting it all.

Same here. 1280x800 + Safari