The Middleman

Review: 7781 Batman - The Batmobile: Two Face's Escape

7781 The Batmobile: Two Face's Escape

101_0112.jpg

The Figs

101_0113.jpg

The best figs of any Batman set for the price. The unique black Batman, a great Two Face, and a similarly cool henchman. Awesome stuff!

The Van

101_0114.jpg

Ok... I don't really get this. It says GC Bank, so how exactly did it get Two Face's logo and coloring on it...? Just a thought.

Top removed.

The back. The idea with the weird dishes in the back is that someone sits on top, and Batman fires his handy-dandy batmissile at it, and KAPOW!

The sides also fold down to reveal guns. Oh, and I really like that we get four black mudguards.

The Batmobile

101_0119.jpg

I was really pretty blown away by this. The construction is ingenious on the Batmobile. It's a LOT cooler in person. Tons of great curving pieces, but not really a *I wanted to say that this set contains a lot of big pieces but didn't want to take the time to write it all, so I used the word "<insert that tiresome argument>" instead* stuff. Awesome all around.

The back. The flames do not spin.

101_0121.jpg

Cool cockpit, lots of good accessories (same as in the Batboat and Batwing - 3 straight batarangs, 2 flipped batarangs, one pair of handcuffs, a tommygun, and an uzi).

The Blockade

101_0123.jpg

Not exactly sure what the little chain thing is, but hey. It's an excuse for a lamppost and a bunch of black teeth. That's cool with me.

FINAL VERDICT: 8.1/10

Figs: 9/10

Pieces: 8/10

Set: 9/10

Playability: 8/10

I really love this set. It's way cool, fun to build and fun to play with. Great for pieces, figs, whatever you're after. DEFINITELY pick this up if you're interested in the Batman line. My second-favorite of the lot!

Until next time,

Bloody Jay

That set looks cool. I especially like the Batmobile.

Thanks for the review and good job finding it! *y*

This set looks like the best of the lot Bloody Jay. The batmobile looks very detailed (I esp. like the cockpit). Does the missile firing mechanism have a spring? If so, very nice.

The figs look very good (I like Two-faces and the henchman). And the armored car looks great. Definately a nice set.

This will definitely not be just a parts pack for me (well, maybe everything except the batmobile will be :-P )

I just love the way it the batmobile looks! Lego could learn something from this with the number of figs too...

I'll probably get this set for the missile launcher,the slopes and Two Face's hair.I might use the hair to make a transforming Danny Phantom vignette...

Great set! *y*

Ok... I don't really get this. It says GC Bank, so how exactly did it get Two Face's logo and coloring on it...? Just a thought.

Maybe he stole the van, repainted it and added some tiny toys.

And leaving the logo of the bank on it could be to tease them ("Hey hey, I stole your car and am still driving with it in front of your eyes!!!")

;-)

BTW, I noticed that the gangsters from this set and the one with Joker have the same faces. Now THIS is odd in my opinion since there are several other cool "evil" faces they could have used... |-/

I really like what they've done on Two-Face's henchman, that torso looks good. These reviews are great, thanks Jay!

Great review - I hope that this and the other Batman sets are better than my first impression. And I must say that this set seems worth it's price. I think I'll buy it - when available in Denmark :-X

KimT

Not exactly sure what the little chain thing is, but hey. It's an excuse for a lamppost and a bunch of black teeth. That's cool with me.

Actually, I believe that is supposed to represent one of those tack strips that police throw down over roadways so that the suspects car will drive over it and puncture their tires.

Man, I can't wait to get these sets.

TPM

Is it just me, or does this look better than the UCS Batmobile?

It does. But that's more because the UCS version is, well, ugly... ;-)

The UCS set is REALLY nice when you see it in person. The photos I've seen don't do it justice at all. It's about the right size to fit a Microman Batman fig.

The UCS set is REALLY nice when you see it in person. The photos I've seen don't do it justice at all. It's about the right size to fit a Microman Batman fig.

I really hope it does. On the pictures it looks like a big black box...very blocky and (compared to SW UCS) very ugly IMO...

Great Review, thanks! Is it just me or does the larger tommy gun seem a little large for the fig? Not that all Lego accs aren't oversized...

Thanks again and God Bless,

Nathan

I've already picked up the dragster, but I am so getting this for the Burton-Batman. The Batmobile looks decent for a set-design, and the figs look great. Most importantly, this set has a great assortment of parts which might be used to make a movie-accurate Batmobile!

Awsome stuff.

I might get this. But it'll be the only Batman set I'll get. It's not like I dislike the sets (the Batwing is awesome), but 75% of these sets are black. And black is a pretty useless color to me when building MOCs...

However, they do have nice canopies, MFs and accesoires. But I'd rather order loads of lime/orange/yellow/oldgrey of BL then buy Batman sets...

Just my 2 cents...

Or else he won't get it for his birthday?

TT

ya lol

thx

Or else there will be a very upset 12yrd *vader*

and that too 8-|

I grabbed this over the weekend, and I think I'll give it a 7/10.

At first I was kind of disappointed; while building it, it seemed like it was going to be very ugly. Somehow, it got a lot better at the end though; most of the ugliness is covered up by the outermost layer of bricks.

I like the Black batman; honestly the gray batman looks dumb to me; but the weird thing about this is that you can't see Batmans eyes through his mask. That just seems too weird to me.

Oh well; the bat-weapons are good, the Batmobile is good (I wish it were bigger; about 40% of the pieces in this set went towards the truck and stop-sign-thing), so I give it a solid 7/10.

Very nice review. I don't think I'll be getting any of the Batman sets, but if I do, it'll probably be this one.