Sign in to follow this  
Darth Legolas

Where are all of these sets coming from?

Right now there are about 10 sets that aren't yet out, though members still own them and review them. I know that in France, Amazon carries a whole bunch of summer sets, but where did daoudbazaar get the Portal of Atlantis, and what did he mean when he said that the set was available "since" December 2010?

There are also tons of non-French members who've gotten their hands on "future" sets. Where did the picture of the public transport box come from? CLearly somebody owns it.

Please help!

-Darth Legolas

I would like to know where the atlantis sets where found too. And what 10 sets are you talking about?

Im thinking that the marketing appartment at LEGO is going for some kind of viral or something like that. They let people get sets in advance so they can review them and create a little buzz...

I quite often have sets in advance, but are certainly not allowed to talk about them :tongue:

But to original question, some distributors put out sets quite early, and they may be put out in stores quickly.

Edited by Front

I would like to know where the atlantis sets where found too. And what 10 sets are you talking about?

I don't have any specific examples, but I'm just counting an average number of times I've been befuddled recently... :tongue:

Perhaps some people bought sets from Amazon France then resold them to other countries? That and what Ricecracker mentioned with sets leaking out of factories.

Some major retail chains are give special short term exclusive rights to some product to introduce a new line or something like and test the waters so to speak.

Also with what's happen in France with these sets popping up early, we are talking about these new sets, etc., we are doing Lego's PR work for them eh ? :wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

hey I've got news, all of the new summer line sets are out @ TRU in North America. Yes! Unfortuanetly ( bad spelling I know) I cannot insert the link. Maybe someone else can.

Thing have a way of getting around. Because at time I'm not sure how often lego does this - but they give people sets TO review online and give people tasters. Also, they want reviews from customers, before they release a final product to see if any minor changes should be made. I know thats happend a couple of times, But I'd say retailers dis-honouring release dates, and leaked products from not-as-controled factorys are the main ones :classic: