Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Theed Captivity

Lovely. I love the tan and the statues.

It is really smooth and looks really nice with the minifigures.

Thanks for sharing. :classic:

Very nice, ACPin! :wub: Great use of dark and light tones of brown and tan! Is that Amidala with the upside-down beard? Kinda hard to recognize. Also, I don't remember sand red BDs in that scene. Oh well, still great work!

So many tiles! :oh:

I love this scene. The statues are really good, but are you going to make the hallway battle scene? :sweet:

Are the sand-red BDs instead of Security Droids?

Is that Amidala with the upside-down beard? Kinda hard to recognize.

Acutally, at this point it would be her decoy, and Amidala would be one of the handmaidens.

Simply Stunning.

The statues are very clever, you wouldn't think that those pieces could be used to make a statue, but they look so good.

Seriously, you're MOC's make we want to watch the movies again so I can go, Ohh! I saw a MOC of that.

Really great work, as always.

Acutally, at this point it would be her decoy, and Amidala would be one of the handmaidens.

Yeah, that's what I meant. On that note, shouldn't one of the maidens have the Padme head and hair?

Yeah, that's what I meant. On that note, shouldn't one of the maidens have the Padme head and hair?

If I rememebr correctly, the maidens should have hoods.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

This is amazing. The steps and the tiled floor look so clean, and the statues are great :thumbup:

Very COOL 'ACPin' - fantastic statues and all that tiling - SWEET :sweet:

Excellent designing again from you and I'm a conformist! 'ACPin' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Wow thats incredible! :wub:

The statues are amazing and I love the green strip on the stairs. All the handmaidens look really cool although I hated them in Ep I cause I never knew who was Padme.

Amazing work! :cry_happy:

Another lovely MOC. I like the greeen strip and those wonderful statues. I really never liked Episode 1 that much but this MOC makes me want to go and watch it again. Good work.star-wars-smiley-5488.gif

Thanks all for your comments and be sure to check the other pics or you would've missed this shot.

Lovely. I love the tan and the statues.

It is really smooth and looks really nice with the minifigures.

Thanks for sharing. :classic:

Wanted to convey the classic mood of the city.

Nice. Interesting choice to use mostly the dark red droids. Care to elaborate?

Not much to say except that I couldn't find the correct BDs at the time of the shoot.

Beautiful looking scene. I love the dark tan tiles. The stares look great and I like the extra rise every several steps.

The extra rise was to gain a bit more height without having to extend the footprint beyond the 44x48 large baseplate.

Very nice, ACPin! :wub: Great use of dark and light tones of brown and tan! Is that Amidala with the upside-down beard? Kinda hard to recognize. Also, I don't remember sand red BDs in that scene. Oh well, still great work!

Yes it is, see note above regarding the BDs.

So many tiles! :oh:

I love this scene. The statues are really good, but are you going to make the hallway battle scene? :sweet:

Are the sand-red BDs instead of Security Droids?

Aren't we getting ahead too much already? Ditto with BDs.

Yes, that's right.

Simply Stunning.

The statues are very clever, you wouldn't think that those pieces could be used to make a statue, but they look so good.

Seriously, you're MOC's make we want to watch the movies again so I can go, Ohh! I saw a MOC of that.

Really great work, as always.

Like the previous MOC which was an idea after sorting the curved slopes, these other slopes remained and the question was what are these good for? A little bit of trial and error, thus produced the miniland look-alike statues. I've actually searched to find out if anybody has even tried to do this scene and got nothing back. I did find this image which I used as reference for the statues.

Aren't we getting too picky now?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

This is amazing. The steps and the tiled floor look so clean, and the statues are great :thumbup:

See note about the statues above.

Very COOL 'ACPin' - fantastic statues and all that tiling - SWEET :sweet:

Excellent designing again from you and I'm a conformist! 'ACPin' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I try to do my best. :wink:

Wow thats incredible! :wub:

The statues are amazing and I love the green strip on the stairs. All the handmaidens look really cool although I hated them in Ep I cause I never knew who was Padme.

Amazing work! :cry_happy:

More about the stairs and statues above.

Another lovely MOC. I like the greeen strip and those wonderful statues. I really never liked Episode 1 that much but this MOC makes me want to go and watch it again. Good work.star-wars-smiley-5488.gif

Thanks and didn't really have to watch the movie again for this MOC as I found some reference pics to use.

AC

Stunning work, the statues look amazing and without walls it allows you to focus more on the details :thumbup:

Well that two of us are very detail-oriented :tongue: .

Edited by The Legonater

Another brilliant MOC from you, sir. I must admit I am a fan of all your work and I very much hope there is a lot more to come!

Great job sir, I love that your moc just brings this part of the movie right to my head And starts playing. I love the statues :thumbup:

Edited by John31388

Nice work.

:classic:

Stunning work, the statues look amazing and without walls it allows you to focus more on the details :thumbup:

Exactly what I had in mind!

Well that two of us are very detail-oriented :tongue: .

I guess it goes with the territory.

Wow. Amazing :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing

You're welcome.

Another brilliant MOC from you, sir. I must admit I am a fan of all your work and I very much hope there is a lot more to come!

Already working on the next one.

Great job sir, I love that your moc just brings this part of the movie right to my head And starts playing. I love the statues :thumbup:

I've been wanting to do this scene for quite sometime but wasn't satisfied with the statues that I came up with previously. Good thing the idea for them came up unexpectedly and it turned up quite well.

AC

Aren't we getting ahead too much already?

Well, since every single one of the MOCs you posted is a masterpiece of mind-blowing complexity and you show no sign of tiring, I would say no. :tongue:

Just sayin'; it's a little weird how you have her decoy and all these maidens but none of them is the real Padme. It kinda makes the scene incomplete in my nerdy eyes. :wink:

Looking forward to your next work!

Just sayin'; it's a little weird how you have her decoy and all these maidens but none of them is the real Padme. It kinda makes the scene incomplete in my nerdy eyes. :wink:

Again, I'm fairly sure they had hoods.