Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Dystopia: Day 5

It was late at night, and Seth Diaz was rushed out of his tent by a friendly figure, and brought to a safe place.

"Stay here", said the figure. "You'll be safe, I'll be right back". It ran off.

Seth stood there for a while until a shady person came near.

4604973557_fed187e87d.jpg

"Hey, what're you doing out of bed? I knew you were a killer!" it said.

"What? No, I'm not." Seth replied.

Just then, the friendly figure came back.

"Hey!" it yelled. "Get away from him!" It came rushing at the other figure with a knife.

"No, wait!" it yelled. But it was too late. It dodged to the side, and instead of hitting its target, the friendly figure accidentally stabbed Seth.

4604986997_f5e10861be.jpg

"Oh no! What have I done?!"

But with no time for mourning, the two dark figures fled, leaving Seth for dead.

4604973929_e78260dace.jpg

Later that night, Ron Callister was up and about, deciding who to use his ability on that night.

4604974021_6f413273cf.jpg

Deep within his thoughts, he did not notice the two people sneak up behind him. One grabbed Ron and pinned him up against a tree, and the other approached with a hatchet.

"Hold still, this will be quick and painful", said the person holding Ron.

"Noooo---" Ron never got to finish his scream. The killer lifted his hatchet, and swung away...

4604974109_936477d6f2.jpg

Meanwhile, Zane Collinham was visiting his Father's sandy grave, mourning the late Mike Collinham.

4605589828_d9741f4c39.jpg

Zane started to cry. "Oh, Daddy, why'd you have to die!? What am I going to do on this island?".

Suddenly, yet another dark figure approached.

4605589994_24bba2d230.jpg

"Are you going to kill me, too?" Zane asked.

"I'm sorry, kid. But you have to be with your father now". It fired it's usual killing device, and Zane was dead before he fell to the ground, on top of his father.

4604974535_1c638a222b.jpg

"Oh, well. Like father, like son" sighed the killer before walking away.

In the morning, the remaining survivors woke to a tragedy.

4605395372_3b1ee8061b.jpg

*Eskallon/ Ellen Allison is not present in this picture, but please ignore that. Hosts' mistake.*

The kill count had risen again, and three were found dead. Now down to eight, the living wondered how long it would be before they ended up like the previous night's victims.

The deceased persons' tents were searched, and unfortunately, all three were declared Sane. It was a hard loss indeed. If the Sanes wanted to get off the island at all, they have to vote off an Insane today.

You may not vote within the first 24 hours of the game day. Please wait until either Ricecracker or myself have announced that you may vote before you do so. The number of votes needed for a conviction today is five.

The Rules:

This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to Ricecracker during the night phase. If we do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.

- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.

- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).

- There is a 24 hour limit at the beginning of each day. You are not allowed to vote during this time.

- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.

- Please avoid posting out of character (OOC) in the game thread.

- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator(s) have sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.

- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.

- Please be considerate towards the hosts. We will try our best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.

- There may be certain punishments for not reaching a conviction during the day. Said punishments are final, and are to be obeyed.

(Rules borrowed from Dragonator's Mystical Castle).

Characters and Players:

4411252419_11b9efa0d3_o.jpg Richard Ricardo - played by Rick

4337886797_d82f7c329f_o.jpg Ellen Allison - played by Eskallon

4337886835_af3bf9fab3_o.jpg Samantha Wonderfield (Co-Pilot) - played by Sok117

4488189526_fbc539b5ff_o.jpg Bill Campbell (old friend of Cyril's) - played by Big Cam

4500917080_cdc5be4cf5_o.jpg Deborah Fredricks (Stewardess) - played by Def

4500917104_e18f803bea_o.jpg Pryce Collinham (son of Mike and brother of Zane) - played by Professor Flitwick

4500917202_228c8116c5_o.jpg Brian Mason (Governer of California) - played by Bob the Construction Man

4518782591_2625bdc661_o.jpg Shirley Dover (Chef of the flight) - played by Shadows

The Deceased

4555788063_2aea902613_o.jpg Icarus Carter (Air Marshal) - played by Inconspicuous - Stabbed to death on Night 1. Sane

4556417206_b9ac5f62e7_o.jpg Bella Teller ("mistress" of Governer Brian Mason) - played by Badboytje88 - Shot on Night 1. Sane

4556417366_eb6a90225c_o.jpg Patricia Rockford (Coast Guard Officer, joined on Day 1) - played by Pedro - Strangled to death on Night 1. Sane

4556417446_061ca1aa5f_o.jpg Drake Johnson (Coast Guard Officer, joined on Day 1) - played by Dragonator - Suicide on Day 2. Insane

4336513232_e52f2f0ff4_o.jpg Cyril Jenssens (old friend of Bill's) - played by Svelte - Shot on Night 2. Neutral

4412019774_5559520e5c_o.jpg Callie Peterson (Head of airplane staff) - played by CallMePie - Strangled on Night 2. Insane

4487540345_0993a202c4_o.jpg Mike Collinham (Father of Zane and Pryce) - played by TinyPiesRUs - Death by Hatchet on Night 2. Sane

4337886569_12320307c5_o.jpg Leo Nathans - played by The Legonator - Convicted on Day 3, death by burning. Insane

4500282277_5a88d8f788_o.jpg Wyatt Fandorski - played by WhiteFang - Shot on Night 3. Insane

4336664138_94b93aee2b_o.jpg Ian Denton (Steward) - played by Iamded - Convicted on Day 4, suffocation. Sane

4415229974_af28698ccc_o.jpg Seth Diaz (Coast Guard Officer, joined on Day 1) - played by Sandy - Accidentally stabbed on Night 4. Sane

4497998612_518d7ec103_o.jpg Ron Callister (Pilot) - played by Ronconator - Held and hatcheted to death on Night 4. Sane

4497362695_7a0d8a8a2b_o.jpg Zane Collinham (son of Mike and brother of Pryce) - played by Zapper Brick - Shot on Night 4. Sane

Reserves:

Escape the Fate

Striker

Quarryman

The crazy one

brickme

dannylonglegs

General Armendariz

Millacol88

simonjedi

I'm confused! 2 killers or 3? An accidental kill? What? :wacko:

Someone didn't like Seth and someone was protecting him, and the two came together and resulted in an accidental kill?

Two people targeted Ron somehow, including the insane hatchetman. Are both insane, or did one make a mistake like in the above killing? Does this mean 1 or 2 insanes?

Then the pistol killer who we generally assume is loyal killed Zane at his father's grave.

Is it just me or do all of these people sound a little crazy? I don't know where to go from here, maybe look for people who were arguing with the dead?

I thought the TV cooking business was tough, but this is ridiculous ...

Holy cow... that wasn't a good night... :cry_sad:

I'm surprised that so many people are out at night. Apparently our sane vigilante made a mistake last night. And the insane killer took out Ron, a sane with a night action, a real loss to us. The sane protector likely tried to protect Seth - who I rightfully trusted apparently - but I have no clue whatsoever who the up-to-no-good-figure in that scene was. Besides killing, the only no good deed I could think of would be a conversion to insanity. Which would mean there would still be three insanes left: the killer, the protector (who protected the insane killer trying to kill me on night 3), and a converter. Unless some of those roles would be combined in one insane person.

I'm at a loss for who to vote for today...

I'd like to say Samantha Wonderfield, because of how fast Leo Nathans rushed to defend her when I cast my vote for her earlier. I believe that there are only two insanes left. After all, the second figure who approached Seth seemed surprised that he was out of bed. That doesn't sound like an insane to me.

It appears that one insane blocked Ron and another killed him.

My only conclusion is there must be 3 figures with the ability to kill. Seth's protector, may have been protecting seth, but he/she was still able to weild a knife.

Then we have the 2 that attacked and killed Ron. This is most disturbing as I thought we would ahve gotten one of the killers by now with teh few insanes we've been able to kill. Seth was one of our more active people, with relatively good motives. He will be missed. Plus 2 more poerfectly sane people dead. This is not good.

WHAT. :sadnew: Three died last night and we can not carry on like this. There must be someone voted out tonight so we can try and get rid of the possible 1 of 2 insanes. Look at this:

4593739966_25ae704b10.jpg

"Watch out!" yelled the second dark figure to the first. Richard swung his mighty weapon, and missed. The second figure had tackled the first, saving his life.

My guess is that Richard is the third killer/knife killer targeted by our insane killer.

My guess is that Richard is the third killer/knife killer targeted by our insane killer.

Unfortunately, I don't have any night action, so I wasn't the one that was trying to protect Seth. Last time I was attacked I was merely defending myself with my axe (which I (can) only use defensively) and I don't carry a knife.

In the meantime we lost quite some people with night actions on our side already. I still think Icarus, killed on the first night, was our investigator, because we haven't heard anyone claiming to have any information from night wandering on any of the days.

Now we lost Ron, who had a night action as well. It appears we haven't lost our sane vigilante though, because Zane was killed by a gunshot. And the killer with the gun - for all we know - is the sane vigilante. The supposedly sane protector who tried to protect Seth survived. So that leads me to fear we lost our sane blocker in Ron last night.

With only 8 people left and needing 5 to convict, that means there is the possibility of 3 insanes still. We need to convict tonight or I'm afraid this will be our last day.

I don't think Richard is a killer, or else the powers that be would not have shown his face.

Killing children?!?! Thats low, even for an Insane, Now it comes down to who is guilty for the crime, I think it would be wise for us to keep our eyes on everyone for the next few hours, I'm watching all of you.

Killing children?!?! Thats low, even for an Insane, Now it comes down to who is guilty for the crime, I think it would be wise for us to keep our eyes on everyone for the next few hours, I'm watching all of you.

Pointing the finger at everyone but yourself huh?

Things are looking grim folks. There's been a lot of deceit and misleading. I know who I trust, and who's looking less trust-worthy. But I made a mistake with Mr. Denton yesterday, so I won't be so reckless again.

But I made a mistake with Mr. Denton yesterday, so I won't be so reckless again.

He certainly made himself look insane, so we were all misled more than mistaken. I don't see the point in anyone taking the blame for that, even the ones who actually voted for him (I did not, but would have if the day hadn't ended when it did). We have so little to go on, if anything.

I would suggest analyzing the deaths and who had the most to gain from each. Who fought with the victims or was suspected by the victims, that kind of thing. I imagine the insanes would kill the people who caused them the most trouble, wouldn't they?

Aside from that, as much as I try to watch what is going on, I haven't seen anything that can be considered evidence of insanity from any more of the survivors, so I don't know where to go next.

It has now been 24 hours. You may now vote. Five votes are needed for a conviction toady.

I'm at a loss for who to vote for today...

I'd like to say Samantha Wonderfield, because of how fast Leo Nathans rushed to defend her when I cast my vote for her earlier. I believe that there are only two insanes left. After all, the second figure who approached Seth seemed surprised that he was out of bed. That doesn't sound like an insane to me.

It appears that one insane blocked Ron and another killed him.

You really have no evidence against Samantha whom I do trust is sane. Where is your evidence governer? Also how do we know that the second figure wasn't you, it could have been you and it could be an insane person so just making judgements isn't helping.

Vote:Brian Mason/Bob the Construction Man

We will see who is the real insane on this island.

I have every confidence in Samantha, who Mr. Mason accused on day one and again today. I also have every confidence in Ellen, who Mr. Mason voted against in day two. Furthermore, Mr. Mason voted against Leo Nathans, as did the insane Wyatt, giving that vote little currency with me. That vote was consciously made to give them both credibility. We're running out of options, and Mr. Mason is now the top suspect. He's been duping us from the start, and has targeted two people I strongly believe to be sane. Only by playing against Nathans did he fall off my suspicious list. My mistake.

This is a crucial vote today.

Vote: Brian Mason/bob the construction man

I agree, It's about time I cast my vote, and from the start you have caused us nothing but trouble, I have complete confidence in a selected group of people, that is why

vote: Brian Mason/bob the construction man

May the great voice in the sky have mercy on your soul

I have every confidence in Samantha, who Mr. Mason accused on day one and again today. I also have every confidence in Ellen, who Mr. Mason voted against in day two. Furthermore, Mr. Mason voted against Leo Nathans, as did the insane Wyatt, giving that vote little currency with me. That vote was consciously made to give them both credibility. We're running out of options, and Mr. Mason is now the top suspect. He's been duping us from the start, and has targeted two people I strongly believe to be sane. Only by playing against Nathans did he fall off my suspicious list. My mistake.

Vote: Brian Mason/bob the construction man

I am at the mercy of others because I don't know who to trust, but you make a good point and a conviction must happen.

Vote: Brian Mason/Bob the construction man

I urge the remaining sane to join us. The insane should (hopefully) be down to two, meaning the trusting alliance of three must be sane by default. Day 6 will be bleak otherwise.

This is indeed a crucial vote today. However, there are a few things that strike me about this reasoning. First, how can you have all the confidence in Ellen and Samantha? Don't get me wrong: I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to suspect them, but there also is nothing that leads me to conclude they are on my side, since we sanes - as far as I know - have no way of knowing who's on our side and who isn't. Unless you have figured something out during the night. Then now would be a good time to share that information with all of us. But I thought popular belief was that our investigator died on night 1.

Second, you were the one vigorously defending Leo before his lynching. On day 2, you were defending Ellen. Again, unless you know more, you seemed to have no reason to defend Ellen. And you certainly made yourself look suspicious by defending Leo, an insane.

Third, based on the information we got last night, there was one person approaching Seth who was up to no good. And there were two persons attacking and killing Ron. That would make three insanes. Now if the insanes manage to lynch one sane person today, make a successful night kill, and prevent an insane death, there would be three insanes and two sanes left and the insanes would win. Could this be the reason you are pushing us so hard to vote?

I urge the remaining sane to join us. The insane should (hopefully) be down to two, meaning the trusting alliance of three must be sane by default. Day 6 will be bleak otherwise.

And then there is this crucial analysis by Seth yesterday, our voice of reason who was taken away from us in the last night.

Looking back on the "crazy list" Leo so conveniently handed at us, it's obvious he tried to divert attention to me as well as Samantha, Brian and Ron, which makes those three unlikely to be allied with Leo.

Why would Leo, an insane, try to shift attention to Brian, also an insane?

Also, Brian listed his suspects yesterday, which were Leo, Wyatt and Zane, and since two of them really turned out to be insane, I'd trust Brian to be sane himself (not sure about Zane's alliance, though).

Brian mentioned two insanes and a sane. Now why would he do that if he himself is insane?

Then, looking at the list of those who didn't vote for Leo at all, it includes Samantha, Ian and Deborah, all of who belong to the flight crew. I can't believe all of them are insane (because I'd then lose all my trust in airline companies as employers), but more than likely at least one of them is, since we know there's likely at least two insanes left. And I already took out Samantha from my list of suspects above, so it's either Ian or Deborah who's most likely to be insane.

So, based on these calculations, I'd say we vote out one of the two once the time to vote comes. My personal suspicions lean heavily on Ian Denton, based on his silence during our time here.

Hey, now who's left here?

Vote: Deborah Fredricks (def)

I can be wrong, because I know absolutely nothing more than what has been discussed in the day threads and again, if any of you have more information, please share it and I would happily change my vote.

On my first day here, I fought a little spif with Sam, and apoligsed for it. I wouldn't turn my back on one of my last bonds of trust here on this... island. That is why I vote: Brian Mason/Bob the construction man.

Unfortunetly for you, governor, it isn't for President.

The votes have been cast, and a conviction has been reached. Bob/ Brian Mason has been convicted.

The mob came towards Brian. It was time to end the nightmare.

"No, you fools! I am not a crook! This is a scandal!" Brian cried out. But it was no use. The crowd had been convinced that Brian was Insane.

"It's too late for you, Brian!" said Ellen, pushing Brian.

4610453430_9b4a26584a.jpg

He stumbled, and fell to the ground. An object slipped from his jacket pocket.

4609845825_ef8ae8f667.jpg

The mob gasped.

"He's got a weapon! Eek!" cried Shirley. Brian slowly got up and brushed himself off.

"Fine. Seeing as I'm not going to get off of this island alive, I might as well do it myself. So much for being elected President. Soon you'll all see that you've made a huge mistake. I'll just be glad to not be here to see it when the Insanes win..." he said. Then, he picked up his revolver, spun the magazine, and cocked it. He brought the gun up to his temple.

4609851179_9f07ba25f5.jpg

...and fired. The powerful weapon blew his head right off his neck.

4609851783_a4e9e5c2d9.jpg

Brain Mason, the Governor of California, was dead. His tent and belongings were searched, and it was certain he was Sane.

"Talk about political suicide..." remarked Deborah, before the remaining seven went off to bed.

It is now night. Please send in your night actions to Ricecracker. The sooner we get them, the sooner Day 6 can start.