Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

Review: 7780 Batman - The Batboat: Hunt for Killer Croc

7780 The Batboat: Hunt for Killer Croc

101_0124.jpg

The Figs

101_0125.jpg

Killer Croc is great. Simple, but effective (like a lot of new figs). Standard Batman, of course.

The Speedboat

101_0126.jpg

The back.

This is nifty, but not great. It's oddly tall, and a bit split up at the front where the wedges slope down. Still, it's fun.

The Batboat

101_0128_r1.jpg

The Batboat is very cool. It is a bit smaller than I expected, and uses fewer pieces than I thought as well. Still, it's elegant and clean-cut.

101_0129.jpg

A very nice cockpit. Again, hard to fit Batman into it - it's more of a cape problem than a set problem. Just something we've got to learn to live with in these sets. Note the 1x1 slopes in black; there are TONS of those in the Batman sets. Must be at least two dozen total.

101_0130.jpg

Loving those engines in black. The wings... eh, they're wings. The sets don't lose a huge amount if you take them off. I can see them being used in MOCs of many-winged demons or something. Still, I'd love to see mods of these sets with no wings.

The engines turned.

The removable speedboat. Good thing this set isn't a black duplicate of Hovercraft Hideout. :-P

The standard accessories. A tommygun and an uzi are also included.

FINAL VERDICT: 7.7

Figs: 8/10

Pieces: 7/10

Set: 7/10

Playability: 8/10

This is a very fun set. Relatively cheap, good parts selection, great figs. Cheapest set with the accessories. A great addition to any Batman collection! Still, the two other sets should be of higher priority; both are much better, although this is still way cool.

Until next time,

Bloody Jay

Edited by Bloody Jay

I'm liking the look of this set. The Batboat is looking pretty sleek, and I'm glad that the slopes on Croc's boat are printed and not stickers.

The batboat reminds me so much of the hovercraft from Hovercraft Hideout (7045) - 7045-1-1064997038.jpg

The speedboat is pretty good and I like Croc.

Do you have a close-up of the guns Bloody Jay?

Sorry to say this, guys, but this is going right into space MOC parts (doesn't mean I don't LOVE the sets, just means that it's an amazing parts pack *y* )

Great review, I really got a feel for the number of useful elements

That's odd...the Batboat is smaller then I expected and Killer Croc's Jetski-thing is bigger then I figured. deino.gif

Nice review - I just love the Ol' School Version Batman. My verdict is - great parts and figs other than that the set seems useless. I might keep the Batwing assembled for a while, but not this set.

KimT

Very good review Jay! How exactly do the missles on Killer Croc's boat fire?

Okay, this may be a really stupid question.... but since I never had the Hovercraft hideout I'm curious: does this thing float? It looks like it might be able to with that big one-piece air balloon around it.

Call me nuts for being nostalgic for the old floating Lego boat hulls. :-$

Okay, this may be a really stupid question.... but since I never had the Hovercraft hideout I'm curious: does this thing float? It looks like it might be able to with that big one-piece air balloon around it.

Call me nuts for being nostalgic for the old floating Lego boat hulls. :-$

I'm not sure if it floats (I doubt it, though). However, I can make one good point: that's not a one-piece base. It's made up of many, many pieces, and the rubber edge is itself made up of five pieces.

Roughly how much of this set is bley?

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

Thanks for the reply about the floating! Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I've been off the site for a while. But that's good to know, that the pontoon piece isn't just a one-piece..... much better that way. Thanks again!