WhiteFang

Eurobricks/Classic-Town.net Collectible LEGO Minifigs Series 1 Contest

1~11.jpg

Eurobricks/Classic-Town.net Collectible LEGO Minifigures Series 1 Town Building Contest

What You're Building

Create a town based vignette where you could display any one of the 16 new Collectible Minifigs from Series 1. It's just that simple. I'm not even going to provide examples for risk of taking a good idea, but I'll tell you this: Imagination is the key. People vote for creative entries, not the same old boring scenes we all expect. Do something surprising, just make sure it's town based.

Where Would You Display One of These?

gallery_1558_51_211409.png

Spaceman ~ Crash Test Dummy ~ Cheer Leader ~ Tribal Hunter ~ Robot ~ Ninja ~Clown ~ Magician

Forestman ~ Wrestler ~ Caveman ~ Deep Sea Diver ~ Nurse ~ Skater ~ Zombie ~ Cowboy

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER AND BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIG YOU BUILT YOUR VIGNETTE FOR*

The Rules

1. Build a vignette. A vignette measures 8 studs by 8 studs and has no height limit.
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifig accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. This is a town contest, so make sure your scene is town based. Be creative, every figure in the collection could belong in a town setting, if you think outside the box.
  4. No minifigs are required. You don't need to own the figure you create a home for, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifig or it's new accessories/parts in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the bow, but not new ones like the needle, for example.
  5. No clone brands or custom parts.
  6. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  7. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifig you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifig. Other minifigs may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  8. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  9. The contest begins now and will end on the 6th of June, 2010 at 0000hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  10. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  11. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes.

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

4604046619_dff1afeb92.jpg

The museum in town has a new display opening up! It depicts the early Caveman, wild and out in nature, cooking his food while utilizing those oh so precious tools like fire and wood that sets him apart from all the other animals out there. All are welcome to come and witness the caveman's early triumph over nature and encouraged to do so! Gawking and touching the glass like this young child is doing is NOT appreciated however. Hands off the display cases!

Speaking of the display, where's the Caveman? :tongue:

My entry into this contest is for the Caveman minifigure. 8x8 plates, no collectible minifigure accessories, town setting.

A frozen caveman is discovered in the Arctic region. Scientific study is underway.

caveman.jpg

caveman2.jpg

Edited by lisqr

The Lego City Fire/Rescue was doing training when they found out they never got a crash-test dummy! They started the training anyway but will try to find one.

DSCF2418-1.jpg

DSCF0003-1.jpg

In honor of the last string of space shuttle missions in the US Space Shuttle Program, a small but simple memorial was built for those brave men and women who lost their lives in a couple Shuttle disasters (The Challenger in 1986 and the Columbia in 2003). This vignette is built for the Spacemen figure either as a statue on the second level of the memorial or just standing off to the side paying homage.

Edited by tiggerkiddo

It's a beautiful day at the carnival, and especially at the main attraction: the magic show, where the Magician is pulling off one of his greatest tricks: replacing an audience member's head on his table. And he does it flawlessly! But how will he get it back?

contest_1.jpg

contest_2.jpg

Obviously this vignette is made for the magician minifigure, and only has overhang by the minifigs' arms. I hope you like it!

First post, but to keep things on topic, I'll introduce myself in the other thread ...

"Zombies 3D" coming soon to a cinema near you.

This is a display for the Zombie minifig.

4608990031_c0bc2ea453_o.jpg

4609003059_207d0a90f2_o.jpg

4609611324_ef635ae7d5_o.jpg

The Zombie minifig fits into the opening in the middle of the screen.

The legs push horizontally into the two studs set back in the screen and then the figure is bent backwards.

There are three more photos on Flickr which make this clearer: Zombies 3D on Flickr

Zombie Trap!

4610212414_336d83bec4.jpg

Burt the survivalist lives on the outskirts of Lego city, out past the old Octan plant. Once he heard that there was a turkey-loving zombie roaming around he knew his theories had been right all along - it must be the end of the world! He grabbed his illegal automatic weapon, baited one of his hunting pits at the edge of his property with a whole turkey and laid a special surprise at the bottom. Then he just had to wait......

For the zombie minifig.

Good luck everybody!

Minifig: Forestman

At a local psychiatrists office in Lego town a patient has just been sharing his craziest thought with his trusted Doctor.

Notebook reads: "Thinks he is a rare "Sheriff Woody" doll.

P1070407.jpg

Meanwhile upstairs his secretary welcomes his next patient. *insert Forestman Minifig here*

P1070416.jpg

P1070406.jpg

"Doctor, your next patient is here."

"Who is it this time? Someone who thinks they are a ninja? Or a caveman? No, no, let me guess, it is the guy who thinks he is a robot again?!?!"

"No Doctor, *whispers* He thinks he is Robin Hood."

My entry is also for the Forestman, which is definitely my favorite minifig out of the bunch, even though they all are great.

I call this vignette Premiere Night of Robin Hood in the National Theatre.

theater1.jpg

This is a scene where Robin Hood (missing from the picture) meets Little John.

theater2.jpg

As you can see, the SNOT curtains hide the modern lighting used in the play. Also note the painted background canvas.

theater3.jpg

The audience is having mixed vibes about the play. The young girl is excited to see a handsome actor playing Robin Hood, but her mother doesn't approve of all the thievery portrayed in the play. The granddad is smiling naughtily as he contemplates on how to "steal" from the other rich people and keep the money to himself.

Here's hoping you like the vig! :wink:

Ok, this is my first time ever entering a competition, or displaying a MOC on the internet. I've spent longer photographing, uploading, resizing, etc than the actual MOC took to build :blush: so sorry if I've got anything wrong.

This is a vignette for the nurse minifig.

272.jpg

It's vaccination time at Stormyville High School. All the kids are nervous about seeing the nurse, especially after the rumours about how large the needle is!

275.jpg

Students sit down with a drink of water after their shots, trying to relax before going back to class.

271.jpg

The whole thing.

The only trouble is, without the nurse and with my dodgy photography skills, it looks a lot more sinister posted here than it does in real life! :oh:

After 219 years of erratic orbit, the Neptunian Robot comes to land on its intended target - Earth. However, although the Neptunians intended for the robot to land dramatically in a then-empty field, the LEGO City Boring Office Jobs Inc. building was constructed in the intervening years. So, after crashing through twelve stories of desks and bored workers, the robot comes to a stop in a burning crater on the ground floor, making for the most exciting casual Friday the company has ever seen.

4611751943_79fd0b0bc2.jpg

Allison Kirk, employee of twelve years, has the most exciting day she has had or will have in this job.

4611751947_b316c0818e.jpg

Benjamin Studsley, employee of three years, is hanging out by the water cooler when he recieves the shock of his life when the Neptunian robot comes to a stop in a burning, smoking crater right in front of him after flying directly over his head. He is pleased to know later that a statue of steel is erected of him in the Neptunian capital's town square, as he was the first Earthling detected by the robot. He is less pleased when he later finds out that the statue is of him screaming, cowering behind the water cooler, and wetting his pants in exactly the same manner he did when he first saw the robot.

4611751957_abd163a6bd_b.jpg

With a larger number of pieces and city minifigures, this idea could be carried on higher and higher indefinitely. Unfortunately, I don't have hardly any city-suitable figures at all... I'm rather proud of the water cooler, though.

Two workers are busy at work at the Public Works Testing and Research Facility, testing at what height a fall is fatal.

The workers seem to be very pleased with the newly arrived Crash Test Dummy. Especially since they no longer have to be the genuine pig for falls.

The Crash Test Dummy will attach to the grip added to the boom.

4613172838_26f1fd7199.jpg

4613172690_d43001c0da.jpg

4613172730_c7f9fd539c.jpg

Here's my entry:

For the Rocker (or Emo Kid, or Skater), I made a rock concert stage. Complete with special effects like the flame machines and colored lights, and nice dark brown hardwood stage flooring, this is what I would display my Rocker in.

4612894165_59d0a6419c.jpg

A close up of the mic and the "ax" (note the stand for the guitar):

4612893627_6d5d018b6e.jpg

And one last view of the front with the guitar and flames. By the way, those dark red cheese slopes at the front are supposed to be stage lights.

4612893465_0e94095bee.jpg

Thanks for looking! You can find larger pictures and additional shots in my Flickr.

The outbreak started in the historic district, and nobody knows exactly how it started. After seeing their family killed by blood thirsty zombies, John and Brady knew that they must find a way to survive.....and kill as many zombies as possible!

dsc02901.jpg

dsc02902.jpg

dsc02907.jpg

I've made this for the zombie minifig

Thanks, and good luck everybody.

Capt. Stabbin

:jollyroger:

Edited by Capt. Stabbin

Well our 'Skater' dude works at the local skate and surf wear store.

minifig_comp_1.jpg

minifig_comp_2.jpg

Just a simple shop layout displaying the latest in clothing, hats, boxes of shoes and an expensive new skateboard on the wall.

Good luck to all and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

In front of a supermart, a little boy waits by the coin-operated space ship. It's a seat were only a real spaceman can sit.

4616849048_d7fe36b570_o.jpg

A shopper gazes through the store window. "Hmph, kids and their Nintendos and their space ships. In my day, I walked into space, up hill both ways and in the snow!"

4616234527_99e2ec473d_o.jpg

4616849190_fdfa6deddf_o.jpg

"If only I had a quarter."

Clown dressing room.

The mirror reflects his true state of mind

clown_dressing_room_1.jpg

clown_dressing_room_2.jpg

clown_dressing_room_3.jpg

Thanks and good luck everybody.

The tanks at the aquarium are cleaned and maintained by the Scuba Diver.

He stands on the Platform above the tank, whilst his colleague is already in the water.

Below in the aquarium a couple of visitors satnd in awe of the single Tuna.

Had fun building this - My first entry to a contest on Eurobricks.

This at first glance might seem to be a rather creative interpretation of a 'Town' setting, and for sure Lego is a medium of creative expression. But I would in fact argue that this is a 'Town' setting. But our scene takes place perhaps 500,000 years before what we might consider the essential characteristics of a 'Town' began to be constructed, by this man's descendents...

4631296907_e356d13d02_o.jpg

Sorry for spamming the thread, and I completely understand if you disqualify this, and then proceed to hunt me down.

4631296905_0fc227c23f_s.jpg 4631296903_d37b4bf51c_s.jpg

Edited by Shadows
Yes, this would be disqualified, but you do have time to make a Town approriate entry if you want.

Oh no! "The Town Guys" are missing their sixth band member! Antonio, the owner of the "Special Delivery" dance club is kicking them out. Won't you help them find someone to play the Indian in their group so they can finally play a gig?

4633788748_c51ac6a376.jpg

my entry for the contest: a fight above the street between the old ninja and the new ninja

s6002837.jpg

s6002838.jpg

s6002839.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang
Disqualified