Sign in to follow this  
XimenaPaulina

KielDaMan's JSF Collection

Great mocs! :thumbup::classic:

I find your backsides (where the flag is) more according to the real thing than the official lego sets.

Have I not commented yet?

Nice job, would love to see TLC make a couple of these. TLC's never come even close to minifig-scale. Even though it's a CW craft, I find the grey-yellow color scheme of Anakin's Aethersprite the most appealing.

I guess not since I posted this one before you joined EB. Thanks for the comments. Actually TLG's JSFs are about the same size as mine, it's just that the some parts and colors of the official JSFs are a bit out of proportion when compared to the real JSF.

Simple. Standard blue is cheaper. It's manufactured all the time for Creator buckets, and it's one of the primary LEGO colors.

I guess you're right about that. Besides, kids won't notice (and don't care about) the differences in color, it's only us AFOLs who are keen into the details.

Edited by KielDaMan

Ooh, very nice, KielDaMan. Do you think you would do the same for the Starfighters from Ep III?

Thanks JI, As of now I have no plans yet of doing the Ep.III starfighters, but maybe when I have the time and parts I will.

Great mocs! pirate_thumbup.gifdefault_classic.gif

I find your backsides (where the flag is) more according to the real thing than the official lego sets.

Thanks Wout. That was one of the main parts I had to modify, the rear part of the official JSFs are uhgg.., way way out of proportion. I mean, why use a huge 6 x 4 flag if you only need a small one, just look at the ref. pic below:

4795400156_c856fb0968.jpg

Actually TLG's JSFs are about the same size as mine, it's just that the some parts and colors of the official JSFs are a bit out of proportion when compared to the real JSF.

My bad, I'm thinking of the 2002 JSF, which I have, should have been more specific. :blush:

EDIT: And while I'd love to see your take on the Eta-2 Actis, I dare you to best my V-Wing first! :tongue::wink:

Edited by Brickdoctor

And while I'd love to see your take on the Eta-2 Actis, I dare you to best my V-Wing first! :tongue::wink:

The Eta-2 Actis is a bit far off my immediate MOC plans, maybe someday...

The V-Wing? Nahh... I'll just concede the 'best V-Wing trophy' to you :wink:, I know it's tough to top that one. In the first place, I was never a fan of that ship anyway, it would be hard for me to find some 'inspiration' to do that.

Edited by KielDaMan

The V-Wing? Nahh... I'll just concede the 'best V-Wing trophy' to you :wink:, I know it's tough to top that one. In the first place, I was never a fan of that ship anyway, it would be hard for me to find some 'inspiration' to do that.

I loved it. Really thought BF2 did it an injustice by casting it as the bomber. If it wasn't for the fact that the ARC-170 is the X-Wing's predecessor, I would have thought that they'd switch the roles of the ARC-170 an V-Wing.

Wow your JSF collection are awesome, especially your Kit Fisto Jedistarfigther.

Would you mind sharing your building instruction for the Kit Fisto Jedistarfighter with me, it will be a great present for my son's birthday in august, or will you sell the Kit Fisto Jedistarfighter to me?

Did you use the Lego 7143 obi wan kenobi jedi starfighter as building platform?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Troels

Wow your JSF collection are awesome, especially your Kit Fisto Jedistarfigther.

Would you mind sharing your building instruction for the Kit Fisto Jedistarfighter with me, it will be a great present for my son's birthday in august, or will you sell the Kit Fisto Jedistarfighter to me?

Thanks! Even if this is a 3-year old thread necromancy. :grin:

Yes I do have the LDD instructions of these starfighters, though the more updated versions:

jsf_collection.pngDelta 7-B Starfighter Collection by KielDaMan - LXF

It's a composite LXF file of all the Delta 7Bs I've done, so you could just extract the Kit Fisto one if that's the only one you want.

Did you use the Lego 7143 obi wan kenobi jedi starfighter as building platform?

I initially used the 7669 - Anakin's Jedi Starfighter as the base model, and from there made modifications to suit my liking. It started with the Kit Fisto one, then multiplied to 8 multi-colored variants! :blush:

Really like the look of the Clone Wars Delta 7B JSF. Was it easy or difficult to build them, as I am interested myself to make a few, especially Kit Fisto's and Obi Wan's from Season 1 & 2.

These are great! I think Obi-Wan's fighter should be dark red instead of standard red, though it's kind of hard to tell since the ship very dusty during the scenes on Geonosis and in the dark while on Kamino.

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 6:39 PM, VK-318 said:

These are great! I think Obi-Wan's fighter should be dark red instead of standard red, though it's kind of hard to tell since the ship very dusty during the scenes on Geonosis and in the dark while on Kamino.

Different starfighter - the one in AOTC is a Delta-7A - but they are indeed both dark red. The TCW one looks more reddish but it's still dark.

Lego used the long flags originally in part because of how long the tailfin is at the top, in part because the smaller straight flags look a bit too short and aren't as good a canvas for detail (plus they lacked shorter curved slopes anyway), and in part because they were going off the Delta-7A where the fin looks a tad bit longer. Of course, they did eventually come up with a completely new way of doing the Delta-7 rear that captures the length and shape way better than flags could ever hope to. But that wasn't yet present when you started this.

Overall a very nice collection. I love the job you did with Kit Fisto's fighter, easily the best of the group. Not sure I agree with covering the Astromech sockets since that makes the partsforming worse and you can see their "hips" in the show model, but still a good job.

Edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman