Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

Well well…

Lucas has said in interviews that all the EU stuff is nice, but he doesn't care about it at all. That makes situations like this quite sticky.

The good thing is that a lot of EU stuff doesn't really touch the main films at all, so it's safe. Now, if Lucas decides to bring in Thrawn and mess with him, that would suck, but it isn't going to happen.

Lucas being stupid with characters that he did have a hand in creating is ok I suppose, but you can always choose what you want. Lucas killing off a character in his TV show doesn't stop a comic series from being good, if it was to begin with. I don't like it much either, but the death of a pretty insignificant Jedi doesn't bother me that much. At least it was well done, enough.

There were some stupid things about this episode: the rescue from the Republic was far too easy. Also, did anybody else see the Republic Venators start to blow up, and then in the next shot the Jedi board the Venators and they all fly happily away? That was very odd…

And what about the line "We haven't seen action like this since the Old Republic." I thought that this whole show is in the Old Republic; what Old Republic are they talking about? The Sith wars? They wouldn't have been alive anyway.

Ahsoka lynching the warden was pretty crazy. I thought Anakin was gonna do it and was like "Oh yea, more obvious ahinting at Anakin getting closer to the dark side by having him stab ANOTHER person.." but then Ahsoka did it and I was mildly surprised.

All right, so Ahsoka will turn to the Dark Side. All the better so the Jedi can employ their unreasonably uncompromising policy on Sith and have someone kill her.

Well well…

Lucas has said in interviews that all the EU stuff is nice, but he doesn't care about it at all. That makes situations like this quite sticky.

The good thing is that a lot of EU stuff doesn't really touch the main films at all, so it's safe. Now, if Lucas decides to bring in Thrawn and mess with him, that would suck, but it isn't going to happen.

NO! I can already see episodes involving Outbound Flight and the Katana fleet.

And what about the line "We haven't seen action like this since the Old Republic." I thought that this whole show is in the Old Republic; what Old Republic are they talking about? The Sith wars? They wouldn't have been alive anyway.

Maybe this means that my Trek reference will actually come true and they'll be transported to the age of the Old Republic where Ahsoka will die.

NO! I can already see episodes involving Outbound Flight and the Katana fleet.

Well, since Obi-Wan and Anakin both appear in the Outbound Flight book, you never know…

Well, since Obi-Wan and Anakin both appear in the Outbound Flight book, you never know…

I swear you're trying to kill us. :laugh: Outbound Flight was one of the 4 SW books I read. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Guys, I am a huge fan of SW!I am glad I found this thread :)

The last 3 episodes were so awesome!Maybe the best so far.

Even Piell so rocked and I really liked his voice and accent. I was not worried for him at al because on wookieepedia it says that both Shaak Ti and Even Piell survived order 66. But then, I couldn't believe my eyes. He was suposed to be one of the most powerful jedi ever! And stupid dog killed him by chewing his shirt!? If he survived this would be te most awesome episode of TWC ever!I doubt they would ever make a better one. Anyways, Saesee Tiin, Adi Galia and Kit fisto so rocked in the starfighters. I was very suprised(in the good way) to see that not only one jedi will fight in space battle. That was very very good.

All in all, This trilogy is in the best episodes of TCW(and know that my list of good TCW episodes is not very big).

A big part of the episodes is boring or avarage, but this, kamino duology, malvolence trilogy, and some more are absolutly amazing.

About the last trilogy(Mortis trilogy,

I think that were with mandalore eipsodes the most stupid, boring and so unrealistic episodes. I didn't like it at all. I was so disappointed after watching the first of the three episodes because I knew there will be two more of the same.

Well well…

Lucas being stupid with characters that he did have a hand in creating is ok I suppose, but you can always choose what you want. Lucas killing off a character in his TV show doesn't stop a comic series from being good, if it was to begin with. I don't like it much either, but the death of a pretty insignificant Jedi doesn't bother me that much. At least it was well done, enough.

There were some stupid things about this episode: the rescue from the Republic was far too easy. Also, did anybody else see the Republic Venators start to blow up, and then in the next shot the Jedi board the Venators and they all fly happily away? That was very odd…

I agree with just about everything you said. :thumbup: One thing that really was confusing: Tiin is in his Delta, Adi-Gallia in hers, plos in a gunship, yet two deltas form up on the flanks of Tiins fighter. So we've got a ghost jedi on our hands, my friends. Did anybody else notice the scene where the clone blows up inside the Venator? (RotS) Also remember when all three of the Venators got hit, they all got hit in the exact same spot . Is it possible the animators just used the same footage? And they just Recolored a JSF? Sounds a bit lazy to me...Lets hope the finale excuses this.

So we've got a ghost jedi on our hands, my friends.

I think Kit Fisto was there. I remember seeing a fourth Jedi in the command center when they were going over the plan, although he never talked. Or they just lent one of their Deltas to a really good Clone pilot since they needed more support and the ARCs were too big?

I know everybody is saying "bring in the Etas," but the one downside to that might be if they messed with what Etas look like. Both in RotS and the old Clone Wars series, Etas are just basically single-color things without patterns. But then, I don't think that the Deltas had patterns either, besides for Anakin's awesome one in the old series. So what if they started splattering patterns over the Etas to make them more "exciting?" That would really be annoying.

I think Kit Fisto was there. I remember seeing a fourth Jedi in the command center when they were going over the plan, although he never talked. Or they just lent one of their Deltas to a really good Clone pilot since they needed more support and the ARCs were too big?

It was Kit Fisto. His hologram was in the command center and the markings on the fighter match those on Fisto's Delta-7B.

And speaking of ARCs, there was a new kind of clone pilot included to pilot the ARC-170s:

arc170pilot.jpg

(A variation of the one seen piloting the stealth ship in 'Cat and Mouse'.

How can it be that master Plo in rots still has a Delta, while others have Etas?

Observant you are :yoda: That was a custom Delta-B that Plo-Koon favored personnally. While other jedis employed Etas. This may have been to the fact that combat on Cato-Neimodia involved lots of flying between buildings, and what not. The thinner Delta-B would enable Plo to better manuver the city-scape. :classic:

tnx for answer :wink: That one from the RotS, is it the same from the cw thtPlo drives in malvolence trilogy?

What do you think, who is the best pilot: Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin or Anakin?

Edited by Surfer

TWC

The Water Closet... :thumbup:

I know everybody is saying "bring in the Etas," but the one downside to that might be if they messed with what Etas look like. Both in RotS and the old Clone Wars series, Etas are just basically single-color things without patterns. But then, I don't think that the Deltas had patterns either, besides for Anakin's awesome one in the old series. So what if they started splattering patterns over the Etas to make them more "exciting?" That would really be annoying.

Really? I seem to remember there being several Delta-7s with starburst patterning in background shots, and I think some of the Eta-2s had some pretty neat patterns. Anakin's green Eta-2 (around 3:45-ish) and Obi-wan's blue one were certainly more interesting than Anakin's solid yellow-and-grey one he flies for a large portion of the war, and there were even some (such as Saesee Tiin's green, yellow, and grey Eta-2 - around 1:30-ish) that were multicolored. But I suppose you're right. Putting crazy patterns on the Eta-2s would just look weird.

How can it be that master Plo in rots still has a Delta, while others have Etas?

I think it's just a matter of personal preference. Actually, if you look carefully, you can see that even though a Delta-7 is shown on-screen, Plo is sitting inside an Eta-2 cockpit. Either the producers goofed or that's some weird larger variant of the Delta-7.

tnx for answer :wink: That one from the RotS, is it the same from the cw thtPlo drives in malvolence trilogy?

What do you think, who is the best pilot: Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin or Anakin?

To the first question, no. The obvious indicator that Plo's fighter in Sith is not a Delta-7B is the fact that the astromech droid socket is to one side.

To the second... is that even a question? Of course it's Anakin!

Edited by fallenangel309

I think it's just a matter of personal preference. Actually, if you look carefully, you can see that even though a Delta-7 is shown on-screen, Plo is sitting inside an Eta-2 cockpit. Either the producers goofed or that's some weird larger variant of the Delta-7.

To the first question, no. The obvious indicator that Plo's fighter in Sith is not a Delta-7B is the fact that the astromech droid socket is to one side.

To the second... is that even a question? Of course it's Anakin!

As I stated, it's a custom Delta-7B. It's unique from all other JSFs.

" "

Yup-Best pilot in the galaxy!

As I stated, it's a custom Delta-7B. It's unique from all other JSFs.

Delta-7, not Delta-7B. Other than the location of the astromech droid socket, you can see numerous differences between the fighter shown in Sith and the Blade of Dorin which are reminiscent of differences between all stock Delta-7s and Delta-7Bs (size of laser cannons, boxier cockpit area, top fin cuts into canopy, etc). The only thing that would lead a fan in the know to confuse the two would be the starburst blue-and-white color scheme.

Oh, and the directors did goof; in-universe, Koon's fighter shown on Cato Neimoidia is a stock Delta-7 with a custom paint job.

Delta-7, not Delta-7B.

Oh, and the directors did goof; in-universe, Koon's fighter shown on Cato Neimoidia is a stock Delta-7 with a custom paint job.

Oops, yeah that's what I meant :blush:

Wha-? The visual dictionary states that he was shot down by his wingman in his custom delta-7 on the order 66 page. What's your source?

Wha-? The visual dictionary states that he was shot down by his wingman in his custom delta-7 on the order 66 page. What's your source?

Whoops, my bad. I guess I really shouldn't have said "stock". In any case, it's a Delta-7 as opposed to a Delta-7B.

Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum, and I have no idea if this has been mentioned or not but is there going to be any continuation on the little trilogies throughout this season like Savage Oppress and the search for Darth Maul or anything like that?

Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum, and I have no idea if this has been mentioned or not but is there going to be any continuation on the little trilogies throughout this season like Savage Oppress and the search for Darth Maul or anything like that?

Do they announce those beforehand? I thought Lucas just took whatever came out of his head and told Filoni to have it made into an episode.

I liked the episode, but my only nitpick would be when Sasse said that they couldn't get through the defenses yet, but Plo said, we have too. Then they went through the defenses just like that. And they only sent one gunship down, wouldn't the droids be able to put two and two together and concentrate all fire on that one gunship? It would have been more realistic if they sent a bunch of gunships down to hide were the survivors were. But of course they made it to the ship without a scratch. Other then that it was a good episode IMO.

:thumbup: I thought the same. It was too easy.

I really hope Ahsoka's next Lego model will have the arm and leg prints/bands (though I'm not sure she'll get them) and maybe two lightsabers (one with the new shorter blade that we see in the Minifigure series with the old neon green color [the new one is darker letting us use this one for yellow, unless Lego is so inclined to give us a true yellow]) That would make my day as her new outfit is so much better than the old one.

New outfit printing :thumbup: New yellow lightsabre :thumbup: New updated head piece too, thanks.

New outfit printing :thumbup: New yellow lightsabre :thumbup:New updated head piece too, thanks.

By biggest concern is that because Ahsoka will be growing throughout the show's seasons, her headtails/montrals (whichever, I can't seem to remember the difference...) grow. Unfortunately, Lego probably wont update them as they are similar enough, but still you can see the difference in the show. I really hope that they do update her and Obi-Wan (with back printing, fingers crossed).

Random Fact: Apparently, there were three different versions of the "Citadel Rescue" ending. In the commentary on StarWars.com, Filoni only mentions two. The one used and the original one, where Tarkin kills Osi Sobeck when he is unarmed and pleading for his life. This was then cut for obvious reasons.

On the Season Finale: Wookiees, Trandoshans, the Wolfpack, Oh My! Looks like a great episode, it's too bad it doesn't air until April 1st, and then, even more saddening, the season will be over.:cry_sad:

The show keeps getting better each season! I really hope that this trend continues as characters develop as well as the sophistication of plot lines and battles/effects. They are headed in the right direction and are one of the best animated shows on the air IMO. Bring on season 4!!:thumbup:

By biggest concern is that because Ahsoka will be growing throughout the show's seasons, her headtails/montrals (whichever, I can't seem to remember the difference...) grow. Unfortunately, Lego probably wont update them as they are similar enough, but still you can see the difference in the show. I really hope that they do update her and Obi-Wan (with back printing, fingers crossed).

What I'm concerned about is not anything about LEGO. She is nowhere to be seen in ROTS or on Labyrinth of Evil or that other Vader book that takes place after EPIII. So when/if they kill her off. Whate are some theories about her "fate." And I know that TCW is made after the other prequels and the prequels are made after OT. BTW TCW has made its first, to my knowledge, contradiction to previous canon, the death of Even Piell which is AFTER ROTS. :wacko:

What I'm concerned about is not anything about LEGO. She is nowhere to be seen in ROTS or on Labyrinth of Evil or that other Vader book that takes place after EPIII. So when/if they kill her off. Whate are some theories about her "fate." And I know that TCW is made after the other prequels and the prequels are made after OT. BTW TCW has made its first, to my knowledge, contradiction to previous canon, the death of Even Piell which is AFTER ROTS. :wacko:

Lot of speculation here. I'm personally hoping she turns to the Dark Side so the Jedi have a reason to kill her. Meanwhile, I'm sure Lucas will make an agreement with Mattel to make her into a Barbie doll so she can intrude into someone else's childhood franchise.

That's the only one you've noticed? What about Anakin being irresponsible, the Delta-7B, the story of Grievous' body, Mandalorians, Aurra Sing, Kit Fisto's Jamaican accent, hibernation sickness, and everything else that's been mentioned? The Neo-Clone Wars has messed up the timeline to the point that it would probably be easier for Leland to denounce it as N-canon. But I guess I can understand if Lucas chooses to repudiate the parallel universe he knows nothing about. I mean, it's not like he wrote any of those books...

Lot of speculation here. I'm personally hoping she turns to the Dark Side so the Jedi have a reason to kill her :angry: . Meanwhile, I'm sure Lucas will make an agreement with Mattel to make her into a Barbie doll so she can intrude into someone else's childhood franchise :angry: .

That's the only one you've noticed? What about Anakin being irresponsible, the Delta-7B, the story of Grievous' body, Mandalorians, Aurra Sing, Kit Fisto's Jamaican accent, hibernation sickness, and everything else that's been mentioned? The Neo-Clone Wars has messed up the timeline to the point that it would probably be easier for Leland to denounce it as N-canon :angry: . But I guess I can understand if Lucas chooses to repudiate the parallel universe he knows nothing about :angry: . I mean, it's not like he wrote any of those books :angry: ...

Whinge whinge hate hate. (NB I have added "emphasis"... :tongue: )

Dude, it's FICTION. Meanwhile back in reality thousands of people have just lost EVERYTHING. Get a grip or some perspective or whatever it is you require to stop being so repeatedly & aggressively negative about things that really don't matter. So what if a model is 200m too long, a character has too many arms or George Lucas wants to pulp the EU books? Your life still goes on doesn't it?

And if you don't like this TV show, don't watch it! I wouldn't :laugh:

Edited by Artanis I

Your life still goes on doesn't it?

I think this reaction to Fallenangel is a bit harsh. I don't know him personally or what his situation is, but I'm sure he's aware of what's going on in Japan. That being said, this is a forum specifically to talk about Lego Star Wars, not the tragedy in Japan.

For alot of us, this hobby is a break from our lives which can otherwise be, at times, stressful, and also at times, filled with tragedy.

Cut Fallenangel some slack. He didn't do anything wrong by doing what he's supposed to do in a forum.

I think it's pretty well understood that apart from the movies, TCW creators do not care about where they fit in the EU timeline. It doesn't matter if she isn't in Labyrinth of Evil because they don't care. If you guys don't like it, well I don't think you will like the other two or more seasons as they will keep doing it.

I think that Ahsoka is a much better character than many from the EU as she has been so well developed and we are starting to maybe understand where her future could go :thumbup:

I also think that Master Piell's death was much better than the one in Coruscant Nights One and actually made me feel something for him. Great episode and so excited for the end of the season with everyone's favourite wookie!! :classic:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±